Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
eating healthy is so confusing
    #2385372 - 02/28/04 12:43 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I try to eat healthy. I eat a ton of kale. I make salads of mostly kale with some carrots and brockli. Eat lots of kale. I don't really know how much is too much. Im thinking my efforts of trying to eat healthier may be doing more harm than good by eating too much of specific vegetables. I don't cook up any fany meals. Its meat and vegetabes. Lots of oatmeal, fruits and kale.  Kale has alot of vitamin A. Im thinking since i eat so much i might be getting amounts that are bad for my body. Why must eating be so confusuing at times!  :tongue:

everything is so conflicting.

exersize is good for you. running is bad on the joints too much impact. biking is bad on the balls. best to eat high protein foods if you lift weights. but alot of meat is unhealthy. ahhh  :shocked:

one time i ste a whole bunch of mushrooms and was laying in the grass behind the mall and the trailer park. flopping down eating grass talking loudly rambling on  loudly. devin was sitting on some rocks. lol he called me sketcy mclimpbag. i found it real funny, i was like what was that name?? and he told me again. it messes with my head . ahaha isnt life so trippy

Edited by NiGGy (02/28/04 12:51 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: eating healthy is so confusing [Re: NiGGy]
    #2385380 - 02/28/04 12:47 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

heh..you mention kale a lot.. niggy and cows :tongue:

I think it's just important to have diversity in your diet. As long as you are making a conscious effort to eat healthy.. you are fine.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2385415 - 02/28/04 12:57 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I have no problems eating healthy.

I am about to do it right now :smile:

Boil some free range eggs, make a HUGE "salad like" mix of vegtables , onions , green peppers , tomatos, yellow peppers, and whatever else I have , maybe even a touch of garlic.

Mix up some vinager and oil for italin dressing and you have a great meal, just remember to throw those boil free range eggs in there.

MMMMMM

--------------------

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #2385430 - 02/28/04 01:00 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Whenever you pick something up, think "would a nomadic human living in a forest eat this?"

Fish, Fowl, Eggs, Veggies(lots of dark green veggies), fruits, whole grains, nuts, and beans. Try to avoid foods based on refined flours, and sugars, and keep dairy intake low. Mix this all up and you'll have nothing to worry about.

(I'm not a nutritionalist, and this is just my opinion)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: eating healthy is so confusing [Re: Jared]
    #2385438 - 02/28/04 01:03 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

so a diet based on lucky charms and whole milk is not advisable? In your...professional opinion? :grin:

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#2385444 - 02/28/04 01:05 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I agree but even alot of today's fish and foul are FULL of chemicals and even organic chicken condenses pollution in its fat and then when we eat it we get those chemicals.

and personally I would saw NO dairy as I see no benift fromit at ALL

NOTMILK.com

But as for foul, I have to admit I still eat it rarely , but I am trying to get eating eggs and nothing else that comes from animals, not for their sake for mine, although I would rather eat an animal that was given a decent life.

--------------------

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: eating healthy is so confusing [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2385476 - 02/28/04 01:14 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Eggs are very healthy! I think people should be eating more of them than we do on average.. they seem like the kind of thing our ancestors would have found lots of. :wink:

I agree that dairy is HORRIBLE.. however, its very difficult to avoid it.. So many recipies and foods call for it.. and it doesn't take very much for many of them.. cutting it out entirely limits your choices a lot. I dont believe theres any harm from a -little- dairy... (I can't drink my tea, or eat my rasin bran without it, god damnit!) :wink:

I didn't know that about chickens.. but I did about fish somewhat.. the problem is, its so difficult not to eat foods with chemicals in them.. it takes a lot of money to eat only organic foods. =(

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2385479 - 02/28/04 01:16 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

yeah.. I have problems even eating sometimes, let alone healthy stuff = $$$$

--------------------

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: eating healthy is so confusing [Re: Shroomism]
    #2385491 - 02/28/04 01:18 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yea.. no kidding =\

Decent soy milk is 2$ a liter.. regular pus oozing cow juice is 1$ a liter. Damnit. =\

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#2385677 - 02/28/04 02:48 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Well not everything that organic is expensive, but ya I see what you guys are saying with the soy milk.

Although Organics (at least here in canada) are gaining more and more market share every year and the prices are droping, for example, at the right store I can get a weeks worth of food almost ALL of it organic for 25$ canadian.

If you cant buy organic at least buy local :thumbup:

I saw an episode of "the nature of things" that made me want to try eating beed again , it was about these organic ranches , I saw pigs , cows, etc all rasied with the consumer , enviroment and animal in mind.

Intead of the ranchers bottom line like on many large scale farms.

--------------------

OfflineTrippytroll
Freedumb!!!!

#2385970 - 02/28/04 05:10 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

www.milksucks.com
hahaha, I have a bunch of stickers that say "GOT PUS?", I got a long time ago, sometimes when I get drunk I stick them on the bags of milk in the grocery store.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Re: eating healthy is so confusing [Re: Trippytroll]
    #2386069 - 02/28/04 06:47 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Trippytroll said:
www.milksucks.com
hahaha, I have a bunch of stickers that say "GOT PUS?", I got a long time ago,  sometimes when I get drunk I stick them on the bags of milk in the grocery store .

:grin: :lol: That's pretty funny man, you might also like to check out www.notmilk.com it's pretty funny as well :smile:

Personally the only dairy product i ever eat is 1% low fat cottage cheese, banadas, grapes and pink grapefruits during the day then something like this:(with minor variations like substituting fish for chicken to make sure i get my omega 3 essential fatty acids)

....but time for broccoli, fresh sliced tomatoes, brown rice with mushrooms and a piece of skinless chicken

^^^^That was pulled from a PM i composed last night, btw i don't use anything containing trans fatty acid anymore(becel margarine etc)commercial salad dressings and i also eschew all high glycemic index carbs like potatoes, white rice, noodles, pasta etc.....i've gone from 170 lbs too @ 160 in 3 weeks an have never felt better or had more NRG either :smile:

I'm a firm believer in a low calorie diet generally(i consume @ 1000 calories per day not counting Black Bull  :beer:  1700 with that added on but there's tons of good stuff in it as well as a nice cheap buzz :smile2:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour, Scales

Community >> The Pub