Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShaker
Re: Pinning slow, any suggestions.
    #23601 - 07/08/00 02:46 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Everything below came to me in a dream.

I don't know that strain exactly but cold shocking could really help. What temp are you keeping them at? I had my Cambodians a little too cold and was getting nothing. I bumped them up about 8-10 degrees and I'm getting mad fruit. Pics to follow at harvest time.

Shaker

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Pinning slow, any suggestions. [Re: Shaker]
    #23603 - 07/08/00 02:49 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I've never grown the TC's before. But I've heard they are a bit slower than other strains out there. If it was me, I'd just wait a few more days. If you want to try cold shocking, don't put your casing in the refridgerator. I've heard people have contam problems after putting there casings in a refridgerator. The way a few of my friends cold shock, is to freeze some 2 litre bottles of water and place them in the terrarium over night. They said it works wonders. I wouldn't know because I've never needed to cold shock.

With all the sucsess you've been having lately, you really should try a casing outdoors. I think you'll love the results you'll get.

The Lizard,

--------------------

OfflinePappaKaps
enthusiast
    #23604 - 07/08/00 03:26 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Lizard,

What exactly do you mean by outdoors? Like in the ground like a garden, in an outside green house, or what? I've seen posts where people say they love growing outdoors, but couldn't really picture how it's done, do you know where some outdoor teks are? I know Ryche Hawk grows in an outdoor greenhouse, at least I think thats what I read.

Give me some insite on this when you get a chance Lizard, sounds interesting.

OfflinePappaKaps
enthusiast
    #23605 - 07/08/00 03:29 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Oh yeah, Shaker, I'm keeping my casing in the sterlite container at room temp, just sitting aound in my room, which is about 70-72. The casings in my terrium are about 72 also. I have a heating pad under that terrium which can get it up to about 77-79 if need be. What temps have you noticed are best for casings SHAKER?

OfflineMuffinBear
liek

#23606 - 07/08/00 08:22 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I've read an outdoor tek where they basically dug a little hole, pretty much layed a casing in the hole and covered by a tupperware container. theres more to it but i cant remmeber where i read the tek at. i was thinking about casing outdoors but the temp dropped down to 47 F the other nite and i think thats too dam cold.

OfflineShaker
    #23607 - 07/09/00 01:04 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Everything below came to me in a dream I had.

PappaK,

I've only grown B+ and PC Cambodia, which I retared by keeping too cool for a while, but I'll tell you what I know.

You need more heat! Bump up the temp to 80 and see what happens. I went from 70-75 to about 82 using an electric blanket and I've got huge numbers of pins and fruit 4 days later.
Next time I dream of doing this I'm going to just keep the temp at 82 from inoculation to harvest with maybe a quick drop to force pinning if needed.
I don't know much about TC but its s good bet that 70-75 is going to slow it down quite a bit.

Shaker

OfflinePappaKaps
enthusiast
    #23608 - 07/09/00 03:04 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Alright, Thanks shaker. I turned on the heating pad today, going to see how it goes on the jug casings that are in my terrium.

And LIZARD KING, good advice, I woke up this morning and I had alot of pins just forming. I guess I could of mistooken them for perlite last time I looked, but regardless, I can see them now :smile:. The top casign layer is made with jiffy mix, and I mixed in perlite to give it a little extra humidity. (Jiffy mix being Verm/Peat, 10%lime).

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds