Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Repertoire89]
    #23122194 -

My friends friends nearly got killed hitchhiking. Be careful!

Someone thought they could use them for an illegal operation and brought them back against their will and everyone is like wtf now we might have to kill them and after a month they let them go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Heebie] * 1
    #23122309 -

Heebie said:
My friends friends nearly got killed hitchhiking. Be careful!

Someone thought they could use them for an illegal operation and brought them back against their will and everyone is like wtf now we might have to kill them and after a month they let them go.



Those were the good ol' days

:noargument:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Repertoire89] * 1
    #23122388 -

Repertoire89 said:
The time is drawing real close, I've been waiting to make this trip for a few months.
Last trip ended with an injured foot, so hopefully this one goes better.

Anyone else traveling on foot or looking to do so?






Next year I am, I gotta work out some issues here, then I am out the door to explore.  If you're still traveling next year, I will bring my doumbek and we can jam for some loot.


--------------------
©️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Lucis]
    #23122558 -

Fennario said:
Repertoire89 said:
The time is drawing real close, I've been waiting to make this trip for a few months.
Last trip ended with an injured foot, so hopefully this one goes better.

Anyone else traveling on foot or looking to do so?





Next year I am, I gotta work out some issues here, then I am out the door to explore.  If you're still traveling next year, I will bring my doumbek and we can jam for some loot.



A Doumbek :strokebeard:  sounds like a plan

Definitely intending on staying abroad, though who can say, could be dead :shrug:

Next year, loot


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Repertoire89]
    #23122713 -

Repertoire89 said:
Someone recommended stopping there earlier and I may well do so.
It should be relatively close (about 50 miles off route).



You won't regret it if you do:sun:


--------------------
✿LOVE AND LIGHT✿

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Larabar]
    #23124736 -

Larabar said:
You won't regret it if you do:sun:



It sounds like a great way to kick off this trip, its the plan if nothing interferes.





Spent the past few hours running through the gear, making sure everything is in order.
Still a lot of preparing to do, and not a lot of time to do it.

One big positive today, my gear comes out 5'lbs lighter than expected  (so far)

:feelsgoatman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Repertoire89]
    #23125106 -

Dude I am more then likely down in like 2-3 months. That's when I was thinking of doing it.

Anyways enjoy your trip , backpacking is soo legit.

I'd suggest backpacking across south america , stay at hostels it's very cheap. Plus south america is pretty wild , bitches their are nice af man , exotic and freaky. Smashed 1 chick from their was a milf and that bitch can fuck man ahha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Broly]
    #23125143 -

Maybe we'll cross paths on the road

:fonz:


South America is on the list, though not in the near future.
I'll probably wind up fat with kids if I went down there right now :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Repertoire89]
    #23252491 -

UPDATE

Have had an excellent time, met a lot of people, performed, good times.

Not a lot of rides, just doing a circle in the area I started.
Ride 30m nowhere, ride back 2 days later.

Think I may rideshare between cities instead, tired of wasting hours on the side of the road.
Could be out in the woods or performing, meeting people, doing drugs, meditating.

For now I'll likely crash land somewhere to tie up my repertoire.
Have done well performing, but the material is not up to my standard.

Also, met at least one shroomer, great guy and generous host.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Repertoire89]
    #23252506 -

Are you still stuck in the Nashville area?  and if so, how far into town are you?  It's way harder hitching out if you're still in town, since there's a lot of people just on their normal commute, but if you get a little farther out, you can get rides from people who are going longer distances. 


Also, a sign that says "I'm not a murderer" might be funny and let em know you're kind

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: tito123]
    #23252555 -

tito123 said:
Are you still stuck in the Nashville area?  and if so, how far into town are you?  It's way harder hitching out if you're still in town, since there's a lot of people just on their normal commute, but if you get a little farther out, you can get rides from people who are going longer distances. 


Also, a sign that says "I'm not a murderer" might be funny and let em know you're kind



Hitched from all over, miles out of town from a dozen places.
About 40m out right now, hanging out.

Not really worried about transportation to be honest.
Will probably just rideshare instead of hitching.

Plan has been to spend a few weeks in each city, so nothing really changes in what I'm looking for.

:fonz:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Repertoire89]
    #23254599 -

OP. You have some big balls my friend... Do you have to quit your job every time you do these adventures? Man I'm itching to travel so bad but I'd have to quit my job... and although I don't like it (I just hate working in general) it's the best job I've had so far. Not that I'm going to make it my career but still... Fuck me and my worrying.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Bigfeely123]
    #23254632 -

I always thought it would be fun. But even a week outside the dwelling I pay for is too much. That's the whole reason I do it.  It sucks not having a place to go that's warm and comfortable. That lifestyle isn't for me. But good luck on your journey op.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Enjoywho]
    #23255217 -

Hitching is illegal in nv,fyi,have got a warning b4


--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Bigfeely123]
    #23255802 -

Bigfeely123 said:
OP. You have some big balls my friend... Do you have to quit your job every time you do these adventures? Man I'm itching to travel so bad but I'd have to quit my job... and although I don't like it (I just hate working in general) it's the best job I've had so far. Not that I'm going to make it my career but still... Fuck me and my worrying.



I actually play it pretty safe man, just camping near a city and busking during the day, meeting people, hiking, mountain biking, stuff like that. Only hitchhiked 3x over the years, never far.

Think I've decided to rideshare from now on, tired of being stuck on the side of the road or at gas stations / truckstops.  Prefer exploring places too, rather than immediately moving on.

Quitting day jobs and living comfortably on $200 a month is a bonus :lol:
I can increasingly rely on money from performing as well.

If you ever want to hang let me know man

:aum:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Enjoywho]
    #23255819 -

Enjoywho said:
I always thought it would be fun. But even a week outside the dwelling I pay for is too much. That's the whole reason I do it.  It sucks not having a place to go that's warm and comfortable. That lifestyle isn't for me. But good luck on your journey op.



I really dislike buildings, still perfecting living out in the woods but definitely prefer it. Can understand your perspective though amigo.

This episode is about over either way, need to regroup and finish composing my repertoire. Don't want to keep performing with it as is, about 5 months in the new material, still a ways to go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Repertoire89]
    #23255957 -

Hitchhiking is definitely frustrating in most parts of the country.  There's very few people out there willing to pick someone up without expecting something in return.

My advice is don't carry a tent.  Get a camping hammock and a tarp with rope you can string up in case of rain.  That cuts so much weight compared to a tent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #23255986 -

I love camping and can set shit up like a boss. But do I want to do that every day? Fucking no not at all.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Enjoywho]
    #23256002 -




I did this in sheeting fucking rain with a machete in Washington.  I was exhausted this was supposed to be fun.  That's all our shit sitting out to dry. I slept that entire night. Fuck.


Im fucking Hella proud of it. That shit took me a while as I had to keep readjusting it.  I didn't have a tape on me and frustrated the fuck out of me. In sheeting rain I was fucking pissed. Then I got to sleep in wet blankets.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Edited by Enjoywho (05/21/16 11:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hitchhiking / Backpacking cross-country [Re: Enjoywho]
    #23256139 -

I've only got into the car of a stranger one time in my life. I was about 15 or 16 at the time. In my neighborhood walking home from a friend's house and it was pouring rain. Very bad storm. A lady, about in her 40's, pulled over and asked if I needed a ride. I took it. Maybe she wanted the D... jk. Probably just trying to be nice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Say you were hitchhiking across the country... headset 1,985 15 05/20/05 04:06 AM
by emptywisdom
* i picked up my first hitchhiker tonight. tiny_rabid_birds 1,276 15 06/21/09 04:35 AM
by I AM SWIM
* Hitchhiking. mathewww 2,337 19 03/05/09 04:56 PM
by mathewww
* Hitchhiking 101 Help! outhere4 2,573 19 07/16/08 12:51 AM
by Dephect
* backpacking through europe foureyes 1,066 11 03/28/07 11:49 AM
by SillyButtons
* hitchhiking, traveling cross country eckhem 567 8 05/09/10 10:07 PM
by eckhem
* 2009 backpacking journey (USA), looking for route and hostel advice. anarKhan 452 2 09/14/08 03:26 PM
by anarKhan
* Hitchhiking.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
mathewww 5,154 66 01/16/08 08:04 PM
by impgl

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,262 topic views. 0 members, 201 guests and 70 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.