Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
flow hood
    #2305109 - 02/05/04 01:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

you take 2 10 gallon buckets, and set them upside down on your kitchen table, spread them apart a little less then the width of your box fan. set the box fan on top so the windy part is pointed up, plug in the fan put it on high. (i use medium cause my fan is badass and high is over kill) and do yur innoc right up under the fan.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: flow hood [Re: Psychoslut]
    #2305139 - 02/05/04 01:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Doesn?t this setup miss a tiny detail?

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

Re: flow hood [Re: Anno]
    #2305156 - 02/05/04 01:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

lol. Just a tiny detail: Hepa filter.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2305162 - 02/05/04 01:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I hear there's suppose to be a filter in there someplace.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
    #2305171 - 02/05/04 01:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

A few it seems. At least it's got flow??? or maybe that would actually increase contams. Have you tested this theory psyslut.

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #2305176 - 02/05/04 01:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

why would it need a hepa filter, it worked pretty good for me, i did 7 1 qaurt popcorn jars, 1 was contamed, but i think it was cause i fucked with it too much.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Edited by Psychoslut (02/05/04 01:44 PM)

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

#2305187 - 02/05/04 01:45 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

lol. Why would you just blow standard air onto your work space? How does this make it more sterile?

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #2305189 - 02/05/04 01:45 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i suppose if it needs it i could just duct tape one to the back of the fan, it will burn the motor up after awhile cause its gonna make it have some drag or whatever, but who cares a qaulity box fan is like 30 bux.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: flow hood [Re: ImOver18]
    #2305200 - 02/05/04 01:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i was thinking it would work on the same concept as the oven tek, just keep the air going up instead of letting things fall on my jars, instead of being smartasses maybe you guys can just explain the theory of flowhoods.

--------------------

InvisibleTHEBOSS
THE BOSS

#2305207 - 02/05/04 01:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

LOL, all you did was stir up the air and up the contam%, you got lucky with a 1 n 7 ratio. What do you think a flow hood is?

THE BOSS

--------------------
Mushbox Forum

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

#2305209 - 02/05/04 01:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

flow is pointed in the wrong direction.. search for laminar flow here or on google,,, and research the basic concept,,, good thought though...

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: flow hood [Re: nofind_um]
    #2305227 - 02/05/04 01:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

so it would work better if the wind was pointed down, or going across sideways, with a hepa filter on the back?

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #2305269 - 02/05/04 01:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

anno, if i keep like 3 of my jars in the fridge, till it gets warm enough to make me an outdoor bed, you think they will live? i bet it will be warm enough here in central illinois like mid-lat march, only like 2 months

--------------------

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

#2305273 - 02/05/04 01:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yes, but even better on it's side blowing at you with 4 sides protruding to make like a box for a work space.. and yes hepa filter is a must... glove boxes are relativly easy to construct... and work well. good luck... nfum..

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #2305304 - 02/05/04 02:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

cool, i must have been lucky not to mess up my jars, i guess i didnt read into flow hoods enough, i thought it just needed some flow.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #2305320 - 02/05/04 02:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i want one of them glove boxes the hospitol has for fucking with infant babys when they have to be in a sterile invironment, those would be perfect.

--------------------

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2305353 - 02/05/04 02:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The explanation you got was still very simplified. Normally, flow hoods consist of an airtight box in which there is a squirrel cage type fan that is rated to produce a certain amount air flow throught the particular sized hepa filter on the unit.

The fan blows air through the filter and then onto your work space creating a possitive pressure of sterile air flowing over your work.

With what you have described, it is in my opinion that you would be better off just using a glove box or working in still open air.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Edited by Ekstaza (02/06/04 04:04 PM)

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #2305354 - 02/05/04 02:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

>anno, if i keep like 3 of my jars in the fridge, till it gets warm enough to make me
>an outdoor bed, you think they will live?

Sure they will.

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #2307579 - 02/06/04 02:39 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

thanks to you anno, and everyone else who helped without the immature comments.

--------------------

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

#2307669 - 02/06/04 04:56 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It's what we're here for.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale