Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetrentallica
Lord Trentnar
Male User Gallery

Loc: virgina Flag
trent went and built himself a flow hood.
    #5935899 - 08/06/06 12:45 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

my flow hood is based on this tek i found when looking up flow hoods. it was the design that seemed to best fit my needs.

http://www.thenook.org/archives/tek/420mhood.htm

after i was near completion it was pointed out to me that air should be blowing at me from the side, and not on me from the top. for the time being it stays the way it is, and ill watch what im doing. when it comes time to re-build, or relocate the flow hood ill cut out the bottom, and convert it to a front so the air is blowing at me.

this is my first time building a flow hood, and i made a few mistakes along the way, but i have learned, and im sure the furnished product works just fine.

the box was put together using scrap wood that was sanded down, primed twice, and two layers of semi-gloss latex white paint applied. all seams were caulked.
i decides to paint the box white instead of clear varnish, because for one the wood looked like shit, but also because when i think clean technique i think white. i read a horror book one time in witch the bad guy kept his kitchen, and bathroom all white. even though the rest of his decor was all black. he believed that kitchens, and bathrooms should be as clean as possible, and white was the bast way to show that. so i painted it white.

here are pics of the bottom, sides, and back. i figure that no one really needs pics of the pile of wood i started out with.

top slot for pre-filters

next section is for the blowere. the holes that they will fit into have been cut out.

this is where the hepa filter will go

here are the blowers in place. the bigger one i got out of an old small swamp cooler. it was a lot easier to just leave the water pump on instead of figure out how to take it off. i spent a few hours sanding off all the rust, and water deposits with a dermal tool. the smaller one comes from my bosses basement. both got painted white

with blowers in place i closed up the pre-filter, and blower section. i figure that if i need to get inside i can just go through hole for the pre-filters. this pannel is screwed in place

here is my hepa filter. its about the only part i could not find on my own. the filter is 18" X 24", and 6" thick. it cost $100.75 after shipping.

here is the filter all in place. i put the top brace there to keep it from moving when being moved. i used foil tape to seal off any leakes

i then covered the filter with a panal i could remove latter when needed. i used latches to hold it in place. the bottom section, my work area, is covered with plexi glass with 7 inches open at the bottom, and two arm holes cut into it. the plexi glass is also held on with hiengies and hookes, so i can get in large items. like my 23 qt pc.

bottom of work area

lighters to show air flow

the work area is 22" H, 22" W, and 30" D

over all hight is 51"

--------------------
The only ones for me are the mad ones..........
                  :ass2mouth:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSpacerace
Stranger
Re: trent went and built himself a flow hood. [Re: trentallica]
    #5936095 - 08/06/06 02:17 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

pretty damn sweet. So this means I don't gotta wish you luck? If I ever come across a blower probably make one myself.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: trent went and built himself a flow hood. [Re: Spacerace]
    #5936401 - 08/06/06 08:12 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Beautiful job!!!! I'm curious as to why you cut holes in the plexi? One nice thing about flowhoods is the ease of movement which is what the space at the bottom is for. Again pro job!

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinetrentallica
Lord Trentnar
Male User Gallery

Re: trent went and built himself a flow hood. [Re: hyphae]
    #5936779 - 08/06/06 12:04 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

hyphae said:
Beautiful job!!!! I'm curious as to why you cut holes in the plexi? One nice thing about flowhoods is the ease of movement which is what the space at the bottom is for. Again pro job!

thank you.
the holes are just there so i can reach higher stuff. i used the work area to open up a 23 QT pc. the 7 inches at the bottom dose not give me the arm room. even with the holes ( which totally need smoothing out...ouch)i get a nice 90 degree bend on Bic lighter.

--------------------

Offlinetrentallica
Lord Trentnar
Male User Gallery

Re: trent went and built himself a flow hood. [Re: Spacerace]
    #5936867 - 08/06/06 12:28 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Spacerace said:
pretty damn sweet. So this means I don't gotta wish you luck? If I ever come across a blower probably make one myself.

once i started looking blowers were not that hard to find. like i said i pulled one out of an old swamp cooler. i also found a 3rd blower for only $7.00 at a thrift shoppe in the from of a leaf blower. the leaf blower would have been all i needed, but it was way loud.
thrift shops, yard sales, local newspaper, flea markets, even if you have a friend who is the type to not through stuff out they might have one around. even auto junk yards. from the old cars ac systems

--------------------

Edited by trentallica (08/06/06 12:30 PM)

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: trent went and built himself a flow hood. [Re: trentallica]
    #5937824 - 08/06/06 05:53 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

trentallica said:
Quote:

hyphae said:

thank you.
the holes are just there so i can reach higher stuff. i used the work area to open up a 23 QT pc. the 7 inches at the bottom dose not give me the arm room. even with the holes ( which totally need smoothing out...ouch)i get a nice 90 degree bend on Bic lighter.

You can probably lose that whole lower section of plexi IMHO. Also you want a gental breeze if it gets to be too much it can create eddy's that actually suck in "dirty air" this is just something everyone should take into consideration. Again very nice job bro!

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder