Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

This realistic? Regarding San Pedro?
    #2289407 - 01/31/04 10:19 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

My friend has about 20 San Pedro seeds and he's looking to grow some cactii. This would be his first grow. He was wondering if he could, after germinating the seeds, plant in 20 different pots, than keep in a large rubbermaid in his closet with a fluroscent light in the lid of the rubbermaid for light. He's trying to do it rather incognito. Would these conditions work? Thanks for any help anyone can offer. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

Re: This realistic? Regarding San Pedro? [Re: ImOver18]
    #2289414 - 01/31/04 10:23 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

sure....that would fine for starting them off......but after they get a little older just one or two flouresent lights would cause them to do some major stretching.....

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

Re: This realistic? Regarding San Pedro? [Re: DazedSol]
    #2289429 - 01/31/04 10:47 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Some major bad stretching? Like with marijuana cultivation and flouro's? Or stretching as in like good growing? I ask because I'd just want to grow them until they got to the point where they were at the height of the rubbermaid, then take a cutting of one and use the others and just start another grow. Or something similar to that. Any suggestions on that? Thanks for the feedback DazedSol.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2289492 - 01/31/04 11:50 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It is not illegal to grow San Pedro. They are sold all over the world for grafting. You can graft any cacti to the top of a san pedro which will not survive out of their natural habitat and they will grow ont hge San Pedro.

You can also see them in many movies in peoples homes and gardens.

In the early 1900s, thousands were planted in and around the San Diego area of southern California as windbreakers for small crops of veggies.

I even saw one with cuttings missing in an interview with George C. Scott the actor.

Millions of people around the world grow all kinds of cacti. The only one looked for is peyote buttons. So there is really no need for you to try to hide your cacti in a closet.
Place them in your living room and around your house.

plant one opr a hundred. Thats up to you although you say you have twenty seeds.
Good luck,
mj

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #2289545 - 01/31/04 12:16 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i was to say, it doesn't have to be incognito, unless your friend likes to get caught with legal goods.

FH

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: This realistic? Regarding San Pedro? [Re: felixhigh]
    #2289732 - 01/31/04 01:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

felixhigh said:
i was to say, it doesn't have to be incognito, unless your friend likes to get caught with legal goods.

lol, could i grow a san pedro in a pot on my windowsill in my room? do cacti need a whole lot of light or what?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

Re: This realistic? Regarding San Pedro? [Re: TODAY]
    #2290029 - 01/31/04 04:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

That's what I was wondering too. Could a floruo support 20 San Pedros in a rubbermaid? I forgot they were legal, really. I'd still do it just to conserve space really. 20 San Pedro's lying around my house would look rather shabby, and I live with other people, so I wouldn't want to make it a burden. Any idea if it would work MJ? Or anyone else? Thanks for the info so far!

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

#2290672 - 01/31/04 09:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

P.S.-Is commercial cacti soil ok for San Pedro too?

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #2290757 - 01/31/04 10:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i think in the stone age things were simpler.
now people don't know if they give them soil to their plants or sand or cement... whatever the powder it is...
www.av.com
www.google.com
www.alltheweb.com
are some good search sites.
but i think most of your doubts should be taken off by reading the garden's FAQ which is VERY good and SOLID (no guessing there), you might find this other link interesting too:
www.nansnook.com
my opinion? grow outdoors, for the pedros. germinate inside, of course, perhaps in your closet should be good but try to plant in spring (they get more vigour), or if you're gonna graft the seedlings plant at any time...
you can pretend you're getting interested in cactaceae in general if people always suspect of you by whatever reason it is.
but i advise beforehand, you might soon find yourself collecting even non ethnobotanical cacti, just for looks...
cacti are addictive. all of them. at least for me and some people i  know... :wink:

FH

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale