Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: my3rdeye] * 2
    #22802759 -

my3rdeye said:
Gotlib said:
Between 8 and 12 hours a day. Sometimes up to 18 hours a day.

Between 5500 and 6500+ a month. Depending on overtime.

Sailor. Tanker ships.

Not always!

The three month on/one month off schedule is sometimes debilitating.
It very much depends on the crew you work with.



That doesn't sound that bad. Do they drug test? Anyone turn gay on long voyages? I assume you are going all the over the world, could you hide like 10 pounds of hash on the ship? Do you get to get off and walk around when you dock?
Sounds interesting.



We're home trade. In Canada mostly. US east coast and Texas once in a blue moon.
We load in Quebec city, which is beautiful!
Unloading in Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and the Arctic in the summer.

Its all about the crew. Get shitheads and its hell! Get a good, young and competant crew and its fucking party boat.
We get drunk every other day, never in port but once we clear the pilotage sectors its carnival time!
We do get drug test but Im not too worried. As long as you're not a cokehead you're fine!
I smoke weed everyday while onboard. Whenever you get tested you get a paper where uou have to write everything they might find.
I write I smoked weed 1 day before joining and I never get flak back!

I just got myself a cute 19yo girlfriend in Rimouski. She likes to be treated like a princess!
Im fune with that I love treating cute girls to the royal treatment!
Shit fuck it cost me 400$ last time we went out. Restaurant and the bar. Back at her place and boom boom boom!
Now shes all over me like ugly on a ape!

I'll try to post pics a little later!

Edited by Gotlib (01/20/16 10:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: Gotlib]
    #22802784 -

That's awesome man, what is your job on the ship?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: Algo]
    #22802802 -

Im AB (able-bodied). I work the deck. Cargo ops and driving the ship. Helmsman.

In the summer time im arctic boatswain aka deck boss for arctic ops.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: nice1returns]
    #22802836 -

1. i work in the chemical industry as a machine operator. New job, started in Dec. Temp to hire after 90 days.

2. work 40 hours a week no more, no less.

3. i currently make about $340 a week take home. Not much, but i get by.

4. Do i like my job? mostly yes. My co workers are pretty cool, my supervisors are decent people, and the work varies. Not the most exciting work but its pretty cool sometimes. When its slow, lots of cleaning with is boring as hell.

One of the best things about my job is my time schedule and distance. My time for work is swing, start at 4pm. Its the best guys. Swing is the best. i get to sleep in everyday and go to bed near midnight, which i usually do anyway. M-F work with weekends off. awesome.

Secondly, my work is about a mile away. The best commute ever! i save so much gon gas money and save lots of time. I do get to work late cause im a procastonator, working on that :lol:

Lifes pretty good at the moment, in the future, i should get a hire on raise. Its good to have full time work, used to work temp jobs and made very little money


--------------------
"A single lifetime in this density can accomplish a refinement of Will that might take far longer in a realm where the truth is always visible" - Zii, Confederation of Planets, GFL Station.

"You will then have national and global contact around 2026." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS (PDF Download) - 312 pages! | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:Canned Computer Duster SAB Tek 👨‍🔬 | Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits | R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #22802903 -

~55 hours/week
Take home around $35k/year
Get people wasted
Yes, very much.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: jewunit]
    #22803022 -

1. 40-50 hours a week
2. usually about 1800/month  which is not enough. I'm scraping by.
3. I manage the back end of retail website
4. Mostly yes.  I love the company. Me and the owner have a really good relationship and I'd consider him a friend first, and a boss second. I work from home so I have a ton of flexibility in terms of when I want to work, and have lots of other rad benefits.
I just need to start making more money, and I don't think it'll happen with this company.

I'm trying to get into bar tending at night, and then maybe transition over totally once I know I can make enough.


Bartenders - any tips on how to get in? I've worked lots of customer service oriented gigs, but never in the food & bev industry.  I know I could pick it up quick though.
it just seems like a hard thing to get your foot in the door with so far


--------------------
I'm stupid, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is smart.
I'm ugly, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Falcon91Wolvrn03 but secretly know I never will.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: Mr.PhilCybin]
    #22803059 -

With no experience your best bet is to find a job bar backing or serving. Typically guys bar back to get into bartending and girls serve. It's just usually harder for guys to get server jobs with no experience as well, but you could do it through some shitty corporate chain restaurant.

Otherwise your other option is getting familiar with some smaller bar and getting in that way. Maybe get a shift working the door or working on the floor and do a good job. Express interest in being behind the bar and maybe they'll show you the ropes.

Getting a job as a bartender outright with no experience is not impossible, but not very likely. Especially if you are not a young attractive female.

You can always lie about past experience, but I very strongly recommend against doing that. It will become immediately obvious to anyone that you lied and this will result in burned bridges. Some of the most basic things that people don't realize about bartending are the things that will get you found out. Free pouring, for example, isn't hard but is something you will probably have no clue about if you don't have any experience.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: Mr.PhilCybin]
    #22803060 -

You interested in striping parking lots? You can make a ton with little investment.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: jewunit]
    #22803070 -

Yeah I should have specified barback*.

I'm well aware how hard it would be to start tending with no experience.
I don't drink liquor either so I have a lot of drinks to learn, but like I said I can pick it up quick I'm sure.

all that said, I think i'd be good at it, just gotta weasel my way in somewhere. I'll probably go the small bar route.


--------------------
I'm stupid, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is smart.
I'm ugly, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Falcon91Wolvrn03 but secretly know I never will.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: Mr.PhilCybin]
    #22803075 -

Go to bars with a resume and ask to speak to a manager. Go on slow days (Monday, Wednesday) and go on slow hours. It will be pretty obvious if they are busy or not. Express that you are interested in bar backing. It shouldn't be too hard to get a job. Some places you'll have to start out working the door or the floor, some places you won't.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: jewunit]
    #22803119 -

Yeah that's the plan, so good to know we're on the same page.

thanks for the advice brah :cheers:


--------------------
I'm stupid, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is smart.
I'm ugly, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is beautiful.
I'm a loser, Falcon91Wolvrn03 is a winner.
Someday, I hope to be like Falcon91Wolvrn03 but secretly know I never will.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: Gotlib] * 2
    #22805620 -

Gotlib said:
my3rdeye said:
Gotlib said:
Between 8 and 12 hours a day. Sometimes up to 18 hours a day.

Between 5500 and 6500+ a month. Depending on overtime.

Sailor. Tanker ships.

Not always!

The three month on/one month off schedule is sometimes debilitating.
It very much depends on the crew you work with.



That doesn't sound that bad. Do they drug test? Anyone turn gay on long voyages? I assume you are going all the over the world, could you hide like 10 pounds of hash on the ship? Do you get to get off and walk around when you dock?
Sounds interesting.



We're home trade. In Canada mostly. US east coast and Texas once in a blue moon.
We load in Quebec city, which is beautiful!
Unloading in Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and the Arctic in the summer.

Its all about the crew. Get shitheads and its hell! Get a good, young and competant crew and its fucking party boat.
We get drunk every other day, never in port but once we clear the pilotage sectors its carnival time!
We do get drug test but Im not too worried. As long as you're not a cokehead you're fine!
I smoke weed everyday while onboard. Whenever you get tested you get a paper where uou have to write everything they might find.
I write I smoked weed 1 day before joining and I never get flak back!

I just got myself a cute 19yo girlfriend in Rimouski. She likes to be treated like a princess!
Im fune with that I love treating cute girls to the royal treatment!
Shit fuck it cost me 400$ last time we went out. Restaurant and the bar. Back at her place and boom boom boom!
Now shes all over me like ugly on a ape!

I'll try to post pics a little later!











Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: Gotlib]
    #22805750 -

28 hours a week
13 an hour
shipping/receiving
Yea, it's just a job for now and I actually enjoy it, it's relaxed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: Mr.PhilCybin]
    #22805818 -

Mr.PhilCybin said:
Yeah I should have specified barback*.

I'm well aware how hard it would be to start tending with no experience.
I don't drink liquor either so I have a lot of drinks to learn, but like I said I can pick it up quick I'm sure.

all that said, I think i'd be good at it, just gotta weasel my way in somewhere. I'll probably go the small bar route.




buy the little bartenders black book, full of a bunch of never make recipes like all of them and remember you pour the houses drink not your own.


service industry is nothing but priorities and reading people. like all sales find common ground and give them what they want. everything from old fashioned's to sidecars, gummybear shots or kryptonite. its all they same mixology is always based off of 5 count main 3 count liquer (vermuth or tripple sec, usually) if you don't drink you better at least start tasting so you know you are doing it right.

you will quickly learn a monkey can make drinks, it takes a man or (woman) to manage the personalities and entertain although it is rare a women can run i bar the way i prefer.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #22805873 -

I really dislike teaching people how to make drinks based on count. Your 5 and my 5 can be different. Plus you get to things, like a Manhattan for an easy example, where you're making it with more than 1.25 oz of whiskey, and a 5/3 whiskey to vermouth would be a little heavy on the vermouth.

I get what you're saying about it all being fairly similar and being able to think of drinks in similar ratios or whatever, but it's better to learn actual measurements than to have someone go "okay a Manhattan is an 8 count of whiskey, 4 count of vermouth". You might end up pouring a 5.5oz drink or some shit.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: jewunit]
    #22805881 -

Made 47 last year and took home 36 of it. Working no more than about 32 hours a week with 4-6 days off in a row sometimes. Work about 2-5 hours a shift. 4 doubles a week and one sunday,saturday and monday off. Now have 4 dbls tues thru fri and sat sun mon off. Made 512 bucks on a double today. Not too bad, but burned out on the service industry, but its the money and time off that keeps me in it for now. More classes taken in the next 6 months and I'll be ready for the state boards again. Met a wonderful person (best one yet!) and talking of buying a house. Pretty happy compared to the last few years. Peaks and valleys man! :grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #22805884 -

I'm not into extreme materialism and such though, like nice things but don't need labels or a gold toilet seat. To be comfy without excess is the main goal for me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #22805901 -

Damn, $500 on a random Wednesday in January? Get me a job. I just worked 10 hours and made $75 bucks :lol:


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: jewunit]
    #22805959 -

I work about 40 hours a week, about $3200/month.  I'm a journeyman Carpenter, employed right now, we do renovations as well as large commercial work.  I am often foreman on commercial sites.  Job is pretty cool, lots of outdoor work and a good combination of brains/hands on.  It is often physically straining and there are many hazards.  Also you get a mixture of smart trades people and dumb.  The smart ones are rarer and more successful.  The dumb ones are annoying.  When I get older I might go into construction management Like my dad.  My short term goals are to finish my red seal certification and become more self employed.  Currently do small side jobs too.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Edited by Shins (01/21/16 02:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How much do you work, what do you earn & are you happy? [Re: Shins]
    #22805964 -

40 hours P/week(flexible).
75k Per annum.
Wine industry.
I like my job its a great industry, I get to travel, deal with interesting people, and drink shit hot booze:rockon:


--------------------
Just a fool on the hill.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Happy Saturday Pub
( 1 2 all )
Ripple 2,012 33 04/25/04 08:54 AM
by Krishna
* happy birth day to me!! (5-26-86) Why the fuck didn't my dad get me anything?
( 1 2 all )
dr0mni 3,206 27 03/22/06 04:23 PM
by Help on the Way
* How do people earn money?
( 1 2 all )
Ego Death 2,634 30 02/28/05 04:16 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* See me earn $15 in less than 2 minutes... ToTheSummit 1,044 7 06/23/04 02:51 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Happy Birthday BIGNerd!! Todcasil 1,372 7 03/07/05 04:16 PM
by Liz
* happy with what you have to be happy with JonnyOnTheSpot 1,439 4 03/10/03 09:25 PM
by zeta
* too happy? too friendly?
( 1 2 all )
kaiowas 5,616 29 08/16/04 07:00 PM
by SkorpivoMusterion
* Happy Birthday HELLA_TIGHT
( 1 2 3 all )
CaRnAgECaNdYS 5,072 52 05/30/13 09:13 AM
by Abuse

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,777 topic views. 4 members, 10 guests and 80 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.