Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
too happy? too friendly? * 1
    #3007534 - 08/15/04 11:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

ha!!!  I laugh at that notion. 

and yet people tell me that I'm  too happy, and I'm like people aren't happy enough.

same thing with being friendly, I'm "too friendly" when really, people aren't friendly enough. 

heh, is it wrong for me to smile at people I don't even know?  I just smile at people, and once in a while, I'll get a smile back.  :grin:

life is beautiful people, let's share our joy with others.

so here's one for you guys if your feeling down!!!  :laugh:

:hug:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGolgi
Smolgi.

Loc: Chi Town
Re: too happy? too friendly? [Re: kaiowas]
    #3007556 - 08/15/04 11:49 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kaiowas said:
ha!!!  I laugh at that notion. 
life is beautiful people, let's share our joy with others.
so here's one for you guys if your feeling down!!!  :laugh:
:hug:

I feel better after reading this.

Thats Kiaowas.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3007576 - 08/15/04 11:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Keep spreading the love man.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: too happy? too friendly? [Re: shroomydan]
    #3007592 - 08/16/04 12:00 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Kaiowas, you rock. Posts like these are what keep me coming to the shroomery. Much love, man.

I'll do my part to spread the good word. :thumbup:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: too happy? too friendly? [Re: kaiowas] * 1
    #3007608 - 08/16/04 12:04 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I get that alot... people think I'm on meth...

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: too happy? too friendly? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3007616 - 08/16/04 12:08 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

you even smiled in your avatar icon  :grin: happy is good :smile:

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #3007664 - 08/16/04 12:19 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Life is what you make of it.

People who are angry live life angry.
People who are stuck live life stuck.
People who are depressed live life depressed.

That is why, to endure in negative energies, and pesimistic views, is completely derogatory (sp?), It just doesnt make sense. (You have the ability to create your own reality, It all lies in the individual!)

Why not wake up in the morning with a smile singing so infantly :
"Good Morning Starshine! The earth says hello! You twinkle above us, we twinkle below...Good morning...."

Lose the EGO and bring the SMILES!
Seduce a stranger...
Pass out photocopied paintings of daily inspiration...
Wave...

Why live life in any other direction besides happy!?

Everything around you is wonderful. Ignore the concrete jungle and appreciate the forests, beaches, mountains, hills, animals, and ideas alike!

These are the times of our lives! Everyday! Every breathing moment!

And one more thing...

LOVIN' YOU SISTERS! LOVIN' YOU BROTHERS!
WEEEEEEEEE LOVEEEEEEE YOUUUUUU!!!

-Ares

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: too happy? too friendly? [Re: AbstractHarmonix] * 1
    #3007714 - 08/16/04 12:30 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

many of us are unhappy because we are trying to find enough security, sex, pleasant sensations, ego rushes, prestige, money, power and status. this struggle yields lives of constant resentment, worry, suspicion, anger, jealousy, shyness, and fear. most people tell themselves tjeu must do to be happy ends up yielding more frustration than joy. the more sucessful a person is in making money, collective skills and possessions, aquring knowledge and degrees, and achieving positions of status, power, and prestige, the less loving peaceful, and contented they may find themselves.

And yet it is not these things in and of themselves that create an unhappy life, it is the internal mental feeling about the desires for them that minute by minute keeps one from enjoying life 99% of the time. Addictions (or emotional backed demands) bring fear of non-fullfillment; jealousy that someone may steal our source of fullfillment, anger when someone twarts us; cynicism if constantly undersupplied; paranoia if constantly threatened; boredom if we're making no progress towards statisfying our addictions (emotional backed demands); worry if we can't see the steady supply; anxiety if we;re worried about being worried; and unhappiness when the outside world does not supply is with whatever we are addicted to. since commons snese tells us that the way things go in life is that you win some and you lose some, an addicted person has no chance of living a happy life over 90% of the time( ie being loving, peaceful, wise and effective.) And the addictive programming is not necessary to find and enjoy that which we prefer in life.

we will be ready for this type of growth into a constant supply of happiness when you realize the utter futility of trying to live a beautiful life by your efforts to rearrange or change the world of people and things outside of you to fit your emotional backed demands. we will find time and again, that you have to rearrange your own personal responses to life situations...things that we learned in our childhood that was nessary so we survive in our younger years.

as we start growing, we will find that we have always had enough to be happy. it is the patters in our heads that make us unhappy, although we tend to blame the pole and conditions outside of us for our unhappiness.

this does not require you to detach yourself from your present life. serenity can be used most efficiently if we stay with our current business and personal life. once we understand this system thoroughly, you won't need a teacher. our lives will be the best teacher for we will discover that we are always putting ourselves in learning situtions that are ideal for growth. the programming that we must changew has an unerring way of putting us into life situations that can make us aware of the exact inner work we need to do. this will add to the enjoyment of life all around.

think of all the energy we put now into the up and down hour by hour coping with our feelings will contiually trying to rearrange the people and situations in our lives so that we can be loving, effective, and happy. and yet year by year our quest may be as elusive as ever. since almost everyone around us has trouble in boming happy 95% of the time, we may have lowered our standards and decided that continuous happiness is probably not realistic. let's get rid of this notion and up our standards, after all, we are worth it!

Most of us assume that our desires (backed up by emotional feelings) are true guides to doing the things that will make us happy. but yet no one has yet to find happiness by using emotional backed demands as guides. flashes of pleasure...sure, happiness...no.

our wants and desires are so seductive...they are thought of as needs that must be satisfied so we can be happy at last. we tell ourselves "if I can jsut become president of this compnay, or if I jsut make this much money, I will be happy." It is fine to aquire these positions, and to aquire money, but it may be misleading to expect it to bring us peace, love and happiness. "if only..." so we search for these external situations, we trust in them, but we all know life doesn't go our way half of the time.

our negative emotions are a misleading result of an extensive pattern of scars we have experienced. again, uhhappines through repetition. we haven't had the chance yet to understand and love on a continuous basis..so we think it's not possible. it is how we have dealt with emotions that lead us to percieve differences that make us uptight, instead of similarities that enable us to understand and love. we percive other people and situations as threats when we rely on the external world and situations for our happiness. we respond with adrenaline, faster heartbeat, increase in blood sugar, and other jungle survival responses that prepare us for fight or flight.

think about some of the threatening situations you have felt in the last day or two. are you going to lose your job? is the person for whom you feel the most love paying attention to somone else than you? do you have unpaid bills that you cannot take care of? now these problems euther have solutions or they don't. either you can do something about them now, or you can't. if you can do something about it, then do it, even if it's jsut a first step. don't dwell on the situation, yes think about it, but not dwell, this doesn't lead to getting th problem fixed. if you are in the process of fixing it, but it'll take some time, stop dwelling while you're doing it. if you are doing what you can, then feeling negative about it doesn't help, it just hurts your mind, the body, and possibly the situation. you energy will be drained when you are worried or axious about a problem. do what you can do, but don't be addicted to the results or else you will creat more worry. if you can't do anything about it right now, then why make yourself uncomfartable about it, save that energy for when you CAN do something about it. these negative emotions in non life threatening situations jsut lowers insight and effectiveness of our actions.

if you do not hassel yourself emotionally when the outside world doesn't fit your demads (as it often does) you will be much more joyous, and really appreciate each moment of you life. we need to learn to flow with the people and things around us, because after all, we are all different, and no one is going to conform jsut for you. since we are conscious beings, the only thing we need to find happiness in life is to perceive clealy who we are, and what exactly are the real conditions.

LIVE LOVE LIFE!  :smile:  just some S&P for you pubbers  :heart:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Anonymous

#3007746 - 08/16/04 12:38 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Damn, that was a lot to read. But basically I'm the same way kaiowas. I'm almost always happy and smiling. But when I'm around other people, they think it's wierd. People are always putting up fronts or creating drama. I say fuck that. I'll create drama here and there just to sate some egos (especially the ladies who crave it), but I'm happiest when everyone's smiling and laughing and having a good time. That's how life should be 24/7! :stoned:

Offlinetatubom1
The MushroomWarrior

#3007749 - 08/16/04 12:39 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I agree with you completely. I smile at people and wave at people all the time and am I told I am being to nice no I am told I am being creepy I am just a nice guy not a creep :thumbup:

--------------------

The un-seen is the un-caught;the un-caught is the smart one;the smart one is the un-seen

Love is like a train...
Female

#3007790 - 08/16/04 12:52 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"it is how we have dealt with emotions that lead us to percieve differences that make us uptight, instead of similarities that enable us to understand and love. we percive other people and situations as threats when we rely on the external world and situations for our happiness. we respond with adrenaline, faster heartbeat, increase in blood sugar, and other jungle survival responses that prepare us for fight or flight. "

-kaiowas, very well said.
You know, I really appreciate your responses on the threads we share interest in.  Thanks for constantly spreading love, and you are a big motivation in S&P!  Always keeping me interested, at least :smile:

If you were near me, I would share with you my most happy moment hug with you...!

"You got to walk your own road, keep your eyes wide open, and don't wear a frown.  Hey brothers, watch your step, cause we don't know where we are going yet!"

Maybe one day we will fall into eachothers lives, destined.  Not all who wander are lost...

I love it when my live crosses paths with others, and I apreciate it every moment.  Every day.  You cannot take anything for granted!

Oh, and remember, Lovin' you brother :smile:

-Ares

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: too happy? too friendly? [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3007799 - 08/16/04 12:55 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Jeeez I just read that post I sent a minute ago, maybe I should start spell check or something.

I should be more cautious in my typing when devoting my love to someone!!!!

::grin:: :heart: :smile: :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
    #3007806 - 08/16/04 12:57 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Only the good die young  :shiftyeyes: :pennydrop:

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#3007810 - 08/16/04 12:59 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

:grin:

ares:  :hug:

there's not enough love in this world, some balance needs to be restored.  :smile: 

shine on pubbers :sun:  ya'll rock!!!  hehehe

--------------------

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
    #3007919 - 08/16/04 01:34 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Whoa....I love that there's so much positive energy in here. It's so awesome. Kiaowas you rock! Ares, I don't know you but your energy is felt as well, so you rock to!

This is why I continue to come back!

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3008174 - 08/16/04 04:31 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

kaiwoas you fucking hippie :rotfl:

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#3008376 - 08/16/04 08:43 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yay for happy smiley people! I love you all! I am a very friendly and loving person, and I love people, although I'm not always happy....

Kaiowas, you are a shining star....thanks for making this thread- it's the first thing I clicked on today.

:smile:
We are all born with different temperaments....it sounds as if you are sanguine.  There is also melancholic, choleric and phlegmatic. I am going to make a thread about them. :smile:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3008434 - 08/16/04 09:23 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I always like smiling and making faces at babies they always seem to dig me. I catch them looking at me, all the time just stairing so I cant help but wave at them.

Some times the parrents look at me like why is this dude stairing at my kid. I am just like wo and get going on my way.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3008529 - 08/16/04 10:26 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Good thread! :laugh: And to add: You can't be TOO happy or friendly. :thumbup:

OfflinePumpkin_Blythe
Pumpkinee

#3008573 - 08/16/04 10:47 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I am actulay Bi-Polar, but I am "UP" so much of the time I do not bother taking any meds. My "down" times last a day or two about 4 times a year. It's like with the seasons man. :0)

Offlineshaman2b
Just anotherfreethinker
 User Gallery

Loc: in my head
    #3008945 - 08/16/04 12:39 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Ever notice how, when you're in a good mood and being friendly, everyone around you seems nicer?

:flowerchild:

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: too happy? too friendly? [Re: shaman2b]
    #3008962 - 08/16/04 12:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

YES!!!! That's the best. It's because you are brightening them up.

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: too happy? too friendly? [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #3008977 - 08/16/04 12:47 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

YES!, everyone smile more! You are contagious.

Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: too happy? too friendly? [Re: Adom]
    #3009028 - 08/16/04 01:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

too happy? too friendly?

Never!!!  I find myself smiling at everybody too, it just makes me feel good!

:smile:

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #3009034 - 08/16/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know what your job is but usually people that work 8 hours every day and have to deal with people in their work aren't always in the best moods afterwards. Sometimes its hard to be happy even if you want to, because sometimes people just bring you down. Thats really great that you can smile all the time and are a happy person, just keep it up. Don't discriminate against someone though if they aren't as happy as you, sometimes its harder than you think.

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Invisiblechinadoll
there
 User Gallery

Loc: dark side of terrapin
    #3009162 - 08/16/04 01:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I agree with Kindkesey...how can anyone ever be too happy or friendly?

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
    #3009930 - 08/16/04 04:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Beautiful post, Kaiowas.  You always seem to post something like this right when I need to hear it. :heart:

Quote:

there's not enough love in this world, some balance needs to be restored.  :smile: 

I swear I had almost the exact same thought last night.  Sometimes it seems like the Shroomery is the only place I can go to be with people who accept and spread love.  The world is an amazingly beautiful place, but it's also so full of hate and unnecessary pain.  The duality baffles me at times - why choose hate when love can do so much?

I had an 18 year old kid break down on me at work last night because of all the shitty things her parents have said to her over the years.  Only 18 years old and she feels like "a failure at life."  Poor kid hasn't even started her real life (not that high school bullshit) and she's already given up.  The kid's working 2 jobs and starting college next week and still gets nothing but shit at home.

Sorry to veer a little off-topic there, but it's been on my mind all day.  I love you guys. :sun:

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#3010191 - 08/16/04 05:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Oh man, this thread is exactly what I need. I've been getting so overwhelmed by the amount of cruelity people treat each other with, along with the negative amount of games people try to play. It's entirely boring and depressing to play along with those games and try to outdo & out rank each other.

I really wish there were more people who didn't buy into those things. They never make much sense except to try and serve yourself.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: too happy? too friendly? [Re: Jenny]
    #3010257 - 08/16/04 06:42 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

jenny, I work two jobs and have to "deal" with people. 

it is hard, believe me,m I've been in some very extreme circumstances.  but se that's the thing, we all have to a certain extent, you will never know how I have suffered, but in turn I will never know how you have suffered.  but in the end, are you going to be the one to say your suffering is more than mine?  no...can you imagine being beat only a daily basis by ones you love for the first 10 years of your life, being in constant threat and fear? if you can then you know what I mean, if you can't, when there there you go.  But at the same time, I'm not going to go up to you and say, hey I've suffered more than you..etc etc and you "should" be this certain way cause "I know more" 

yes it's not as easy at it seems, but we are worth trying for, aren't we? :heart:

bliss is where it is at IMHO.

--------------------

Edited by kaiowas (08/16/04 06:46 PM)

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3010308 - 08/16/04 07:00 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Lovely post, Kiaowas.

I used to be a proud possessor of the Shiny&Sunny disposition that you wear on your sleeve today.
Yes, what happened? Primarily lack of love, ever since I've lived. It is for this reason that up to this very day, I am often percieved as a cold and silent individual with a dark albeit strong attitude by others who have a limited interpersonal relationship with me, which is most people. At the same time, those who have known me for much longer will have more warmer and fonder perceptions of me.
Everybody has their own unique primary challenge in life, be it psychological, societal or physical.
Without getting into epic biographies and memoirs of my life to elucidate why I have grown to become a love-impaired individual; This is what my personal challenge is... to keep from turning into love-less human being.
I always knew, deep down inside, that love would be my one big challenge in Life.. and often vision myself being an old, accomplished man with an abundance of wealth in many ways..except for one thing: A true love life. No one to share my life with on a romantic level.. Sometimes I embrace it and accept it.. but other times, I can see a glimpse of what a terrible risk it might be... to have no love.

Animals, are my best lovers.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck