Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Codex Seraphinianus
    #22733625 -

http://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/CodexSeraphinianus.pdf?351736
Quote:
Codex Seraphinianus,[1] originally published in 1981, is an illustrated encyclopedia of an imaginary world, created by the Italian artist, architect, and industrial designer Luigi Serafini during thirty months, from 1976 to 1978.[2] The book is approximately 360 pages long (depending on edition), and written in a cipher alphabet[3] in an imaginary language

The book is divided into eleven chapters, partitioned into two sections. The first section appears to describe the natural world, dealing with flora, fauna, and physics. The second deals with the humanities, the various aspects of human life: clothing, history, cuisine, architecture and so on. Each chapter seems to treat a general encyclopedic topic. The topics of each separate chapter are as follows:
The first chapter describes many types of flora: strange flowers, trees that uproot themselves and migrate, etc.
The second chapter is devoted to the fauna of this world, depicting many animals that are surreal variations of the horse, hippopotamus, rhinoceros, birds, etc.
The third chapter deals with what seems to be a separate kingdom of odd bipedal creatures.
The fourth chapter deals with something that seems to be physics and chemistry, and is by far the most abstract and enigmatic.
The fifth chapter deals with bizarre machines and vehicles.
The sixth chapter explores the general humanities: biology, sexuality, various aboriginal peoples, and even shows examples of plant life and tools (such as pens and wrenches) grafted directly into the human body.
The seventh chapter is historical. It shows many people (some only vaguely human) of unknown significance, giving their times of birth and death. It also depicts many scenes of historical (and possibly religious) significance. Also included are examples of burial and funereal customs.
The eighth chapter depicts the history of the Codex's alien writing system.
The ninth chapter deals with food, dining practices, and clothing.
The tenth chapter describes bizarre games (including playing cards and board games) and athletic sports.
The eleventh chapter is devoted entirely to architecture.





Just a fun little find I made on the interwebz today. I thought the art was pretty fantastic and figured I'd share. It reminds me strongly of my favorite short story by one of my favorite authors, 'Tlon, Uqbar, Orbius Tertius' by Jorge Luis Borges. Probably cuz the concept is nearly identical, but whatever. :awehigh:


--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Codex Seraphinianus [Re: Cj-B]
    #22733727 -

That is some weird stuff. I wish I could read what is written.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Codex Seraphinianus [Re: aZombie]
    #22768475 -

aZombie said:
That is some weird stuff. I wish I could read what is written.



No one can read it it's a made up language.
I just bought this book the other day I thought I would see if anyone ever mentioned it on here, didnt expect a thread from 2016. It's trippy as fuck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Seraphinianus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Codex Seraphinianus [Re: my3rdeye]
    #22768540 -

What's the point of it if you can't read it?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Codex Seraphinianus [Re: Amanita86]
    #22768542 -

Amanita86 said:
What's the point of it if you can't read it?



The pictures

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Codex Seraphinianus [Re: my3rdeye]
    #22768560 -

Looks like chapter eight may hold a clue in cracking it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Codex Seraphinianus [Re: my3rdeye]
    #22769891 -

Even the
my3rdeye said:
aZombie said:
That is some weird stuff. I wish I could read what is written.



No one can read it it's a made up language.
I just bought this book the other day I thought I would see if anyone ever mentioned it on here, didnt expect a thread from 2016. It's trippy as fuck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex_Seraphinianus




I want a physical copy. They're fucking expensive though. $80 was the very lowest I saw.


--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Codex Seraphinianus [Re: Cj-B]
    #22769902 -

I would rather buy Jungs red book or some of shulgins if Ima b spending $80.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Codex Seraphinianus [Re: dixienormous]
    #22769937 -

it reminds of Myst.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Encyclopedia of the Unknown ilus 1,428 1 10/11/13 06:53 AM
by pslyke
* codex seraphinianus
( 1 2 3 all )
Primal Glitch 3,571 48 02/28/10 09:50 AM
by Primal Glitch
* The Codex Seraphinianus Wayfarer86 447 1 04/23/10 09:11 PM
by nasem
* STOP CODEX ALIMENTARIUS - The criminalization of vitamins and minerals, and proliferation of toxic
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
ShroomismM 15,521 91 12/03/09 10:44 AM
by Trav
* Codex Alimentarius - Government plan to drastically reduce the world's population?
( 1 2 3 all )
Mr. Cordoza 6,415 56 07/05/08 01:33 AM
by Cannashroom
* Codex Alimentarius
( 1 2 all )
crummydustbunny 3,296 39 06/26/09 10:15 AM
by crummydustbunny
* wikipedia is the most accurate and comprehensive encyclopedia created during our written history
( 1 2 3 all )
morrowasted 4,317 57 04/08/10 03:22 AM
by mellowparty
* New Sphongle Codex VI Psy Baba 701 19 10/25/17 08:43 AM
by no_one

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
519 topic views. 9 members, 24 guests and 178 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.