Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineHefex78
Male
*DELETED*
    #2269914 - 01/24/04 11:21 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted. Reason for deletion: Confidential.

Edited by Wa7sum (10/03/07 07:57 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: PUSSY LICKERS [Re: Hefex78]
    #2269990 - 01/24/04 11:40 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"Communication via words is utterly pointless. Speach is the one creation that accomplishes nothing more than confusion and distress with bleeps of clarity ripped away and given back, changing, just like life, always."

"Something needs to be spoken or written in order for change."

:confused:

I like the world.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2270072 - 01/25/04 12:06 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

That post is just depressing, somehow.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2270079 - 01/25/04 12:10 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

wow..Great post!!!!  I like your thinkin :thumbup:

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2270140 - 01/25/04 12:33 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

...and when the walls of reality come crashing down on top of you.. what is left.. save the unspoken communication and energy bonding.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2270655 - 01/25/04 04:15 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Your post was an interesting read. It is really questioning who we are and what we are doing.. a good thing to consider now and then.

What it comes down to is finding your own enjoyment in your life. There might be all sorts of negativity going on everywhere... but if it seeps into you and turns your thoughts negative as well, well, then what is the point?

Or something. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinestara
addict

Re: PUSSY LICKERS [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2271134 - 01/25/04 09:15 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

if I would have posted here a more negative point of view by describing everything 3times negative,you will  feel 3 times positivated,thinking your post was not as bad as it seems.So nothing is as bad as it seems... :mushroom2:

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

#2271140 - 01/25/04 09:20 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

grunch or genuflect

OfflineHefex78
Male
*DELETED* [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2271235 - 01/25/04 10:25 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by Wa7sum (10/03/07 07:56 AM)

Offlinestara
addict

#2271265 - 01/25/04 10:36 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Our philosophie is:climb and fall,then climb and fall and finally climb and fall
:thumbup:
moderation :thumbdown:

OfflineHefex78
Male
*DELETED* [Re: Hefex78]
    #2271366 - 01/25/04 11:16 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by Wa7sum (10/03/07 07:44 AM)

OfflineOtto
observer

Loc: the middle of somewhere
    #2271441 - 01/25/04 11:39 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

We all suffer. For without moments of suffering there would be no moments of ectasy, without the capitalist swine there would be no anarchist reaction..that is the way the world works. It always has, and it always will. However, the knowledge that this is the way the world works is very powerful... the impermance of everything becomes obvious.

>> We have but two choices. Bitch and moan or simply moan.
I must add a third choice... drop out. Quit bitching, quit moaning, and be an example for others. Be the change that you want to see. Over the years I have done plenty of the first two choices and realized the pointlessness of it and choose the third. Has it been an easy choice? Absolutley not. I have had to face all my fears head on, but it has been the best choice I could have made.

Take 2g, put on some mogwai, and clear you mind. Remember, for every reaction there is an equal and opposite reaction. Dwell on the negative if you wish, but it is doing nothing to change the situation.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2271462 - 01/25/04 11:47 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Wa7sum said:
You speak as one who can find enjoyment in something.  I find enjoyment in things and than they begin to bore me, I ware them out, they ware me out, over do me.  This is why I destroy any slimy concept of useless moderation, because moderation is relative, you moderate over time... your life time perhaps, why not endulge, even moderation is endulgence given enough time.

Thanks for the feedback.

I tend to find enjoyment in everything. I mean, hell, we all have bad days, and they really put things into perspective... but there really isn't any rules on what you can enjoy and how long you can enjoy it. I've been playing bass for a few years now.. I still enjoy it.

After getting my playing in, working on my own music, doing my au pair duties for the day and doing my exercising (all of which I enjoy), I still find enjoyment in getting a tall, cool glass of water, putting on some good metal and working my way through the posts here at the Shroomery.

It comes down to enjoying what we have right here, right now. On a bad day, everything sucks, but even those bad days are becoming fewer and farther in between.....  :laugh:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: PUSSY LICKERS [Re: Otto]
    #2271471 - 01/25/04 11:50 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Otto said:
Over the years I have done plenty of the first two choices and realized the pointlessness of it and choose the third. Has it been an easy choice? Absolutley not. I have had to face all my fears head on, but it has been the best choice I could have made.

Take 2g, put on some mogwai, and clear you mind. Remember, for every reaction there is an equal and opposite reaction. Dwell on the negative if you wish, but it is doing nothing to change the situation.

I like that. Welcome to the Shroomery!  :grin:

If there isn't any meaning in this, nothing to clue us into what this is all "suspossed" to be about, then we might as well have fun anyways and enjoy every minute of this blessed oppurtunity.  :laugh:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2271850 - 01/25/04 02:15 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

"Why can't we be happy by ourselves? Why do humans desire each others company? We're all lost and deprived of something that compels us to seek each other out, to relinquish in each others arms and well wishes. Maybe it's a genetic flaw, a seriously scewed erroneous problem that at the same time creates our extravagant and illogical emotions that define us, beyond genus, as a species."

Maybe it's a genetic advantage... without it we'd die out.

People are sad sometimes, but if you interpret the world the way you seem to have, it's no wonder. It's not really THAT hard to have a positive outlook.

Step 1: Stop complaining and enjoy the good shit.
Step 2: Contemplate the problems. What are the alternatives? Are there alternatives, and are they really better than the reality? Are they even feasible?

Humans have many flaws. It seems that most people want to be able to completely circumvent them. They come up with plans for utopian societies that will eliminate suffering. They convince themselves there's a simple answer to all the world's problems ("If only everyone would just realize that being nicer to one another would make the world a better place, everything would change over night", "If everyone adopted Christ they'd all be decent people", "If the world's leaders all tripped there'd be no more war").

You can't change people like that. No matter what we do suffering and horrendous acts will persist. Trying to find a one shot cure all isn't going to work, millions of people have had that idea, it's nothing new, and it doesn't work.

You have to figure out what will work the best overall. You need to balance security with freedom.

Step 3: Embrace the dark side.
I don't mean turn into an asshole. I mean; learn to love what most people hate.

For instance: It seems like it's revolutionary and counter culture to hate television, but it's not. Everyone thinks television is evil and destructive. Is it really? Or is it just the scapegoat-du-jour?

Television has changed the planet in a profound way. It's given birth to a new artform, and has been a powerful medium used by some of the most creative and important artists of our century.

When archeologists discover our society, who will they consider to be our most influential or important artists? Warhol? Picasso?

Probably not. I'd say ad agencies have been more inventive, subversive, and influential. But of course it's not really art, because it's part of the "system".

People love to hate marketing, but it's not really what's causing any of the problems.

I don't even know if I'm talking about what you're talking about.

Basically, stop hating society. It's strange, and in some ways unlike anything we've seen before, but at the same time, everything that's wrong with it is as old as mankind. Revolution is tired and old. It's never fixed the way we act, and it never will.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2272837 - 01/25/04 09:02 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Very nicely written, but why the 'life sucks and then you die' philosophy? It does NOT necessarily follow from merely being alive that this is the case. Where is your Hope for a nice life and an easy death? As a child I would "moan" out of loneliness, "I didn't ask to be born." Later, in a bad marriage that I willingly entered, I was not happy at all for a full decade, yet despite the unhappiness, I sought meaning. It had long been my purpose in life - meaning, that is, NOT happiness. In fact, according to the late great psychiatrist and philosopher Victor Frankl, happiness is a mere side-effect of a meaningful life. If you haven't read Frankl, then I suggest 'Man's Search for Meaning' as a starter. He forged his ideas in the crucible of Auschwitz and 3 other camps. The search for meaning results in Fulfillment - a far more satisfying outcome than happiness. Fulfillment endures, happiness is dependent on so many variables, and is so fleeting.

Philosophically, I recommend a shift of allegiance - from the Existential to the Ontological - from 'the 10,000 things' to Being Itself. For me, this came to mean placing my reliance on GOD, for you, it might mean seeing that Samsara and Nirvana are equivalent (though, this vision never helped me). I don't know you, so I don't know. Life is impermanent, yes, and for that reason there is no time to waste bemoaning the fact. We need to come to terms with impermanence by coming to live more in "the inner man," the "diamond body," the "immortal fetus" and less in the world. In this way we live 'in the world' but do not become 'of the world.' We transcend, and though pleasure and pain are as intense as ever, that is not what we're about - what we're primarily identified with. We can relax our cravings, and in the resultant peace, we can afford to be Compassionate to others. This brings yet another peace. Scriptures never suggest that GOD said anything like "Thou shalt be happy." A much higher Condition is promised to those who seek. Peace be unto you.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2273622 - 01/26/04 02:30 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

That was a very interesting read, thank you. Although I share a similar critique of our culture, our entire civilization, I really can't believe in existential hopelessness. I believe in moments, unfiltered experience and raising awareness in whatever way is most appropriate (this differs according to cicumstance.)

Rather than being bored with everything that once gave you a moment's joy, why not question what made you so easily unsatisfied? So easily unentertained? Perhaps the flamboyantly over stimulating culture we live in has numbed us to the simplicity of beauty.

Fuck existentialism, Fuck postmodernism.

Anonymous

#2274377 - 01/26/04 10:22 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

do you live in a city?

Anonymous

#2274582 - 01/26/04 11:59 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

As long as we're trapped in physicality there will be suffering.

Seek balance wiithin. Have no desires. Stop trying to control everything. Ride the ocean waves without a sail and see where you end up.

All is an illusion, and things are not as they seem.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: PUSSY LICKERS [Re: ]
    #2274590 - 01/26/04 12:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Max Headroom said:
As long as we're trapped in physicality there will be suffering.

True.

Quote:

Seek balance within.

Good advice.

Quote:

Have no desires.

I should desire to have no desires?

Quote:

Stop trying to control everything.

More good advice.

Quote:

Ride the ocean waves without a sail and see where you end up.

Lost?

Quote:

All is an illusion, and things are not as they seem.

Including your advice?  :wink:

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale