Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
The Tower of Setting Suns...
    #2269671 - 01/25/04 12:07 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I find myself observing a beautiful Kansas sunset atop an observation tower. Fifty feet in the air, and I can see for miles and miles in every cardinal direction...

Behind me, a giant ball of burning gas retires beneath the western horizon, casting a profane pastel of hues upon meditating clouds. A very subtle rainbow marks the transition of the neon sunlight as it digresses into the darking sky. Outer space will soon be visible...

The earth has rotated enough so that the sun is no longer visible and city lights are glittering in my future. Beyond acres of pastoral farmland, emissions hypnotically dance from smoke stacks and cars navigate the American highway system. From up here they are as small as bugs...

I trace the exhaust of a jumbo jet; it seems blatant among the scenery. I stand up to watch full cedar trees socialize with naked cottonwood and oak trees. The botany occupies well pronounced hills and I laugh at those who think Kansas is flat...

My eyes scan the square miles of farmland that are cut by backroads. The symmetry is amazing and so is the crescent moon that has revealed itself. It is like God's thumbnail as he shows his hand to psychedelic clouds. There is a presence in the lands...

I look to the west and I can count seven more exhaust lines in the atmosphere. Resembling etch-a-sketches, commerical airliners doodle in the fading sky. They are very poor artists...

To the distant south, a communication tower stands atop a cloudy hill. My mind places it as the dark tower, impossibly lingering above the horizon, and I become the gunslinger. The fantasy passes but I still long for a purpose. None comes, but I find myself content with what i have seen tonight...

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: The Tower of Setting Suns... [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2269688 - 01/25/04 12:12 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I love the flat land of places like Kansas. Or, at least, the landscape unbroken by the buildings that adorn the firmement here.

The clouds hang lower, the sky is bluer, and you can see forever.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Anonymous

Re: The Tower of Setting Suns... [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2269692 - 01/25/04 12:15 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology