Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Help identifying cacti I bought, also treating wilt? [Re: cowsRmeat]
    #22680036 -

If there was that much root rot, and the base looks that mangled, in your position I would take 4-5 cuttings off the top and put them aside for a few weeks to callous. That way I can start a few more in case the damage down below keeps eating its way up.

After cutting off the rot, don't water it right away, let the fresh cuts dry around the root.

This is what I would do, but I don't have nearly as much experience as other people here, so maybe get more thoughts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help identifying cacti I bought, also treating wilt? [Re: cowsRmeat]
    #22689733 -

She used Store bought cacti mix.. I don't grow cacti.. If I did this thread wouldn't suck so bad.....

Was just trying to help my gf w her cacti. I'm so over it...

Ty much for the help.

She threw away all the root. Whole thing. Only thing left was the shoots..

She then Cleaned pot well, new soil, more drainage, let the shoots dry up for a day and a half then planted into dry soil. Waited one more day, then watered. I'll let u guys know if it roots or not at least



UPDATE: here she is today

UPDATE 2/5/16:

They have started to stand up now. Wasn't sure what to do about winter... so it's just been rooting all winter basically hopefully it will be ok. It's rooted and standing up and growing again at least :smile:

Edited by Raven44 (02/05/16 10:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Help identifying cacti I bought, also treating wilt? [Re: Raven44]
    #22691427 -

Good luck. :thumbup:


--------------------
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree.
'Which road do I take?' she asked.
'Where do you want to go?' was his response.
'I don't know', Alice answered.
'Then', said the cat, 'it doesn't matter.'




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* "Peyotes and False Peyotes" and other psychoactive Cacti
( 1 2 3 4 all )
FarFromHere 26,352 62 05/21/16 03:44 AM
by FarFromHere
* Cacti Lighting/watering question CuriousByN8ure 754 1 03/22/04 09:32 PM
by neuro
* Do You Have Hydroponic Cacti? Search59 6,535 17 01/13/13 11:49 AM
by Juke Adro
* cool article on cacti and the Fibonacci number code CptnGarden 2,143 8 10/27/06 10:02 PM
by CptnGarden
* Indoor Cacti Garden Pics...
( 1 2 3 all )
socratesmind 8,646 45 07/29/05 01:19 AM
by Legoulash
* Cacti ToolTroll 4,520 16 09/27/05 07:33 PM
by Psychoslut
* Salvia wilting and don't understand why clemens 1,352 4 10/16/07 05:25 PM
by clemens
* first cacti trip alone.
( 1 2 all )
thremix 2,255 28 08/03/05 12:08 AM
by thremix

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
2,325 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 20 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.