Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
a message from the past..for present-day neocon nincum poops
    #2247051 - 01/16/04 09:51 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

if you thought that *god* was on your side..guess again...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: a message from the past..for present-day neocon nincum poops [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2247129 - 01/16/04 10:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

god is on my side. its obvious to me from the fact that i have never known hunger, poverty or true loss. Hes definetly on my side, after all i was born to two rich white people in canada. Its the blacks and the africans he hates.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: a message from the past..for present-day neocon nincum poops [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2247135 - 01/16/04 10:34 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

"god is on my side. its obvious to me from the fact that i have never known hunger, poverty or true loss. Hes definetly on my side, after all i was born to two rich white people in canada. Its the blacks and the africans he hates."

wow

"if you thought that *god* was on your side.."

why would god choose a side?

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: a message from the past..for present-day neocon nincum poops [Re: kaiowas]
    #2247157 - 01/16/04 10:42 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

why would god choose a side?
neocons have been known to make such claims...

EDIT: which..BTW..still means (s)he's not on their side..even if (s)he doesnt choose a side...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (01/16/04 10:46 PM)

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: a message from the past..for present-day neocon nincum poops [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2247167 - 01/16/04 10:45 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: a message from the past..for present-day neocon nincum poops [Re: kaiowas]
    #2247170 - 01/16/04 10:47 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

please dont think im actually racist here tho. what im drawing attention to (maybe) is that for every person god makes wealthy theres a million that he shits on. In fact i think it was this that made me lose my belief in god (as i originally concieved him, that is as a loving father figure) . i think its interesting that belief in some god can be so strong in the most unfortunate people in the world and so absent among the most lucky. Why would god choose a side? either he wouldnt (that is he doesnt exist in that sense at all) or else hes such a fucking bastard that he is worthy of nothing but our hate. After all we sentance someone to life in jail for killing one person, but isnt it god who kills EVERY person? either god intentionally created suffering as part of his plan, and is therefore the father of all that is awful and ugly, or else he really does love us and yet is unable to help all those who suffer, in which case he is not all powerfull at all, and if it is satan who causes all the suffering and god all the good, id say it is satan who is the stronger of the two.

(this is all academic as this kind of dualistic/monotheistic religious view long ago stopped holding any truth for me)

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: a message from the past..for present-day neocon nincum poops [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2247190 - 01/16/04 10:58 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

sounds like your saying that bush's god is god (to quote yul brynner)..in which case satan is redundant...

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

#2247218 - 01/16/04 11:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

and therefore if satan is redudant, then he isn't necessary, which means god is unecessary, which means the world will explode in..... 

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: a message from the past..for present-day neocon nincum p [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2247224 - 01/16/04 11:20 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

That was a badass video. Thanks.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #2248383 - 01/17/04 02:58 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

god bless america.......

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: a message from the past..for present-day neocon nincum p [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2248397 - 01/17/04 03:03 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

God bless me: God.

:grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2248545 - 01/17/04 04:39 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I don't understand how that video/speech shows that God is not on someone's side. But I can be dense like that.

I also don't think God necessarily chooses sides for reasons of race, etc.

On a personal note, I think God loves me and is on my side.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: a message from the past..for present-day neocon nincum p [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2248550 - 01/17/04 04:41 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

there is no god, jesus

so stop telling fireworks he's a diety. fucker

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: a message from the past..for present-day neocon nincum p [Re: kaiowas]
    #2249316 - 01/17/04 09:37 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

hehe did you just tell Jesus that there's no God? :smile: :smile:

"There is no God, Jesus!"
"Well but umm but well uhh he was talking to me earlier.."
"Jesus, listen to me; that was the drugs: There is no God, Jesus. Give it UP!"
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: a message from the past..for present-day neocon nincum p [Re: Frog]
    #2249662 - 01/18/04 03:26 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I also don't think God necessarily chooses sides for reasons of race, etc.

I dunno about that. Reading the Old Testament gives me the distinct impression that God is on the side of the Israelites. Interesting, since they were also the ones who wrote that book. Gee, that book couldn't be biased, could it?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Re: a message from the past..for present-day neocon nincum p [Re: Strumpling]
    #2249665 - 01/18/04 03:28 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

that's when jesus found out that everything was a lie, and then he wet his bed, as any HUMAN would.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology