Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCatharsis
boobs
school trouble
    #2242706 - 01/14/04 10:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It seems I can never bring myself to do school work, and generally that's not good. I don't exactly think I'm stupid, it just never gets done. I don't really have any motivation to do it, when I think majority of school is complete bullshit, but at the same time I have it hardwired into me that I should care about my grades, so I'm stuck in a really awkward middle between the two. I go through these little "born agian" phases where I can muster the inspiration to do my work for a couple of days, but as I said, they don't last long at all. I'm not sure if it's just my sheer lazyness, or I have some kind of disorder (it would be pretty convenient if I wasn't the one at fault, but I'm not holding my breath.) So I really don't know what to do. I'm only in the tenth grade, and it's nearing the end of the second semester. Naturally, I have no idea what I plan to do with my life, and where school fits into the whole thing. I doubt I can struggle with this for antoher two and a half years, but every effort I make to fix it ends up failing. Any adivce would be much appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: school trouble [Re: Catharsis]
    #2242715 - 01/14/04 10:30 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

man im like that. or was. i got outta school last year and im going back this year. i know its hard and it sucks, but just do it, you will be so much happier when you graduate and will make more money. and in a society like ours thats great

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

OfflineCatharsis
boobs
Re: school trouble [Re: Yarry]
    #2242730 - 01/14/04 10:37 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

YarryShroomer said:
man im like that. or was. i got outta school last year and im going back this year. i know its hard and it sucks, but just do it, you will be so much happier when you graduate and will make more money. and in a society like ours thats great

yeah, some part of me knows that, and reminds myself of that....but it only lasts so long untill I give up again. I am considering getitng some kind of help/couselling. I'm half hoping that they'll give some kind of magical wonder drug that will make all my school problems go away, but I sincerely doubt they will. What scares me is that if it is my fault, am I such a weak individucal that I can't even fix it? ugh.

Offlinecaptiveharmony
dream
    #2242754 - 01/14/04 11:41 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The school system is so... stiffling. But once you tough it out (after allready putting so many years into it)... I'm sure you'll feel stronger about it. But also... maybe school isn't for you? What do you want to do with life (if you know yet?) Does school fit into that plan?

Best wishes anyways... *hugs*

--------------------
always in love

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: school trouble [Re: captiveharmony]
    #2242788 - 01/14/04 11:59 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I was a big procrastinator in high school... for some reason though I picked up in my senior year and started getting straight A's.  I think my biggest problem always has been and still is getting started.  Once I begin an assignment, I shoot through it.  You just have to convince yourself to get started and get it done.  Try rewarding yourself with a bowl every time you finish your homework :smile:.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2242836 - 01/15/04 12:22 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I know exactly how you feel, but im in the 12 grade. I don't give shit, school is very dumb in ways. Right now im failing my english class, just before exams and I don't care. I handed in 3/4 of the big projects never read any of the books we did lots of shit on. If I fail im not going to let it bother me, just pass an easier english next semester. Im not going to get worked up over school, just do what gets me by.

IF you want to be a "succesful" (lol) person them by all means do all that shit. But I don't care about money, I just want what I need to live. I don't see any reason to keep this horseshit society going the same way.

Just have fun

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #2247231 - 01/16/04 11:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know what your school is like, but my high school was an
absolute breeze. It was possible to never take a book home, sleep
in most of my classes, never pay attention, hardly do any homework,
have a bad attitude, and still graduate.

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2248307 - 01/17/04 02:23 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Catharsis, do you mean you don't do the day-to-day homework, or the big assignments/projects?

Anonymous #1

#2254583 - 01/20/04 12:26 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

In America, people do not need an education to become wealthy.

Invisiblepanamared
State of Mind

Loc: Panama
Re: school trouble [Re: ]
    #2254680 - 01/20/04 01:12 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

sounds to me like you need some focusin.

--------------------
shrug dot aboleo dot net

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being