Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Having trouble living in this world [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #4148375 - 05/07/05 09:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

i love silverlake

Silverlake is the shit! Lucky bastard...I coulda gotten a sweet apartment their last summer but it was too far of a commute to my school in Northridge (so now I'm stuck in Van Nuys-the asshole of LA county)

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Having trouble living in this world [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #4149209 - 05/08/05 02:24 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well, I got fired again. Second time since Febraury. Working two internships and I answered the phone at one place and said the other's name. I need to reconsider my career. The entertainment industry sucks.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: Having trouble living in this world [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #4151012 - 05/08/05 07:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Having trouble living in this world

what goes through my head every day when I wake up.

I'm still here, sadly.

This hell is filled with ups and downs.. suffer through the downs to live the ups to their fullest. Its all balanced, in the end.

OfflineGreat Scott
Trigger Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Control Grid
Re: Having trouble living in this world [Re: Adden]
    #4151246 - 05/08/05 08:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yea yer right, it's all bullshit on many levels.
You either have to set up camp in the forest, or learn to play the society "game".
It gets easier man, trust me.  I used to be a wreck, but it's all so simple now.
Just pay attention, and observe, and follow your intuition.
Most of the people you need to get along with are very simple minded, once you figure that out its super easy to push the right buttons. :wink:

--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Having trouble living in this world [Re: Great Scott]
    #4151619 - 05/08/05 09:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Man, I'm so bitter at the whole system.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Anonymous #1

#4151747 - 05/08/05 10:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by shaos (04/09/11 03:31 PM)

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#4152176 - 05/09/05 12:12 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm pretty much in the same situation as you, as well as a lot of other people. I guarantee you there are hundreds of millions of people who feel the same way about life as you do. You should first realize that you're not alone. But... you've the wrong perspective. You're letting all these circumstances victimize you instead of using them to your advantage.

You already know how "competitive capitalist clique society" works. I know you know this because you're bitter and angry at the bullshit. Yes, the system is bullshit. But because you know this, you already have a huge advantage. Some people don't even know this; they think the system in place is the only way things can be.

You have to realize that your ideas of how to be financially successful may be wrong. There are ways to make money without working a typical 40-hour/week job... You can trade penny stocks, sell t-shirts online, patent a new invention and sell it, etc. There are so many things you can do to get money without stepping foot in an office. I know, I know... those things sound like what only somebody else could do. But you are that somebody else. You just don't know it now because you're not in the right mindset. Think about what talents you have. I bet you can use at least one of your talents to make money. I don't know what kind of job you have, but it sounds like you're not applying your talents there. Because when you're applying your talents, you get some satisfaction out of what you're doing, and the money comes second. You seem concerned about security when it comes to your job. But if you want to make more money you're going to have to take risks. I'm not talking about risks like borrowing $1,000,000 from a bank that you might not be able to pay back in order to start a new business. I'm talking about risks that your ego has to take. You might not feel comfortable trying something new to make money. Do it anyway.

"What matters is learning the subtle games, being streetwise, knowing the right people, reading people, etc."

You are absofuckinglutely right. You may "suck" at this stuff (or think you do) but these skills are learnable. It's not like people are born with good ideas and sleek social skills. They are learned. Anyone can learn this stuff. Don't think that being streetwise and socially smart makes you one of "them." This is a false notion. Most of the people at the top of the social ladder know the system is bullshit, just like you do. These are the smart people. They know what has to be done, even if it seems like hard work, and they do it anyway. Monetary/social success and moral integrity are not mutually exclusive.

As for friends and relationships... you're going to have to put in work here. Don't expect to make new friends overnight. Work at improving your social skills slowly but steadily. Making friends gets easier with the more practice you have. Try to develop your sense of humor. That'll take you far, especially with women. If you can keep a girl laughing and having fun she'll enjoy being with you. Remember also, that like attracts like. I know you're caught up in being disillusioned with the world, while it seems like everyone else has got it going on and they're getting by just fine. If you want to relate to those people around you, you gotta lighten up and allow some innocence back into your mind. Find that common ground you have with every other human being. When you see someone, try to think of what you have in common with them instead of how you're different from them.

Anyway, good luck. Things will get better as long as you try to make them better. You just have to put in the effort.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order