Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #2272938 - 01/25/04 11:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

More and more so lately I've been procrastinating (school) work to a really bad extent, especially since I'm working on a computer with internet and I have housemates plus a tv. It hasn't got to the point yet where I haven't done the assignment or have done a really shitty job, but it makes for a shitty late-night/early-morning rush with not the best job I'm capable of.

Anyone have any tips for how they have dealt with this or how they have motivated themselves to stop procrastinating? I realize that this might just be one of those times of self-responsibility where I just have to suck it up and do it, but lately I just keep knowing that "well, i could leave it a little longer"--and so i do.

all replies much appreciated

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
Re: Procrastination [Re: Tao]
    #2273768 - 01/26/04 06:12 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You should set rules for yourself. No doing nothing until your work is done. I'm in school as well and I'm very busy on the weekends so the only time I have a chance to do any homework is during the week after school. As soon as I get home, I get my shit done. That way it's out of the way and I can relax and do whatever I please. So far I'm pulling off about an 87% in English overall.. and got 93% on my last test.

Get in a routine and put your foot down. Make sure you follow it and don't put it off.

I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.

To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Procrastination [Re: sykobish]
    #2273823 - 01/26/04 06:45 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i found a good article on this subject after posting this thread at:

Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Loc: Hyperspace
    #2273861 - 01/26/04 06:58 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'll reveal my thoughts on this subject some other time.

Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Fire it up

Loc: Central Florida
Re: Procrastination [Re: Strumpling]
    #2274167 - 01/26/04 11:00 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Let me first start off by saying that procrastination isn't healthy. You're often stressing yourself out about doing something later that you can do now. When you keep putting it off it builds and builds until you're heavily stressed and you feel like you've lost control. Ive been there.

For me, cutting back on the marijuana helped me a lot. This may not be the situation for you but it may be a start. I appologize if you're not a weed smoker. :stoned:

Practice on prioritizing. Now that you've read my post, you dont need to reply, you can go get shit handled so go! jk

best luck to you

Lost in Life
 User Gallery
Loc: UK
    #2274200 - 01/26/04 11:17 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I've just recently had some exams (finished today :laugh: ) and I had to stop smoking bud in order to get any work done. If I had some weed in house I would eventually talk myself into one "last" bong even though I knew I had alot of work to do.

Working in a room with distractions is no good either, and the internet is a BIG distraction. I used to do my revision in my room, when no one was in the house and without the computer on. The temptation to just have a quick look at Overgrow or The Shroomery gets too much and eventually just a quick look turns into a full blown discussion. It comes down to self discipline in the end. I like to reward myself as well. For example, I might get home and work until 10 and then, and only then, will I have a bong or play on a my computer. If I don't have anything to look forward too I tend not too work as hard.

Ohh and I think the best advice anyone can give you concerning school work is don't leave it to the last minute, you will just get stressed and as you say won't perform at your best. IMO a couple of hours a day for a week is better than 12 hours non stop the day before a deadline/exam.

"You can either believe you can do something, or believe you can't.... either way your right"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being