Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
schooling
    #1375537 - 03/14/03 10:36 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yep, it sure went downhill after preschool. My compulsory schooling was very miserable. I changed schools 3 times. Kindergarten, 6th grade, 9th grade. I never really made any solid friends in high school. I sort of cut myself off from everything. I basically atrophied mentally physically and emotionally. I did not mature during my 4 years in high school. I never did any work or got involved with school. Now I am starting to grow again, although I doubt I will ever be socially adapted (who gives a fuck, right? :wink: ). Mind you it is a long road to recovery I am sure. Anyone else get fuct by school? Nothing they tried to teach me I consider of any value. School is just a means to maintain and control generation after generation.

It's not until you look back that you realize what it truly means to be schooled. 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSuperSpun
Not quite surewhat happened

Loc: India
Re: schooling [Re: LoverofEarth]
    #1375801 - 03/14/03 12:06 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I mysel never paid attention in school, and got very bad grades. I dropped out and ended up getting my GED. That was just a few years ago, i am 20 now. But after these couple years of being out of school and working dead end jobs, i wish so bad that i would have done good in school so i could get into a good college. Now that i am out of school i really want to learn. I am planning on going to a community colloge sometime soon, and from there i plan on getting into a university, and if plans go right i plan on getting my doctorite someday. Someday that is. Just think how good you would feel if you had the title DR. in front of your name, not to mention all the money you would have. Sure college will take a few hard years, but just think of how many years after that you will be able to reap the benifits.

--------------------

Not quite sure what happened

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: schooling [Re: SuperSpun]
    #1376149 - 03/14/03 02:05 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Go to college. It's definitely worth it in the long run. And besides, you don't have to show up to class when you don't want to, there's parties everynight, lots of fine women everywhere, the homework and shit's really not any harder than high school, and it's better than going to work everyday! You'll definitely develop some good social skills and what-not too.  :grin: 

Oh yeah, you can choose what classes you want to take, so there's a chance you might actually learn something. I'm currently going to college, I'm a junior and its taken me like 5 years and I've got 1 more to go. All my classes are about how to grow plants and the environment so it's actually pretty cool.

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Edited by peruvian spark (03/14/03 02:27 PM)

Anonymous #1

Re: schooling [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1376327 - 03/14/03 03:28 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

"there's parties everynight, lots of fine women everywhere, the homework and shit's really not any harder than high school"

too bad that can't be said about all colleges.

OfflineLoverofEarth
spirit on ajourney

Loc: the in-between
Re: schooling [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1376547 - 03/14/03 05:32 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Go for college, you are a stronger person than I. Too much time to spend for a bittersweet reward.
I want the Dufresne freedom. That hope keeps me going. I imagine I am crawling through 300 yards of sewer right now, but I probably just picked up the rock hammer. Some people like the current system humankind has in place. Some people would change it. And others unwillingly accept it. I have taken the only way I see fit.. Escape from it. I'm delusional enough to think it possible.

Anonymous #1

Post deleted by Anno [Re: LoverofEarth]
    #1412008 - 03/26/03 05:20 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineHippyJOE
Mycology Student
Loc: Earth
Re: schooling [Re: ]
    #1412051 - 03/26/03 05:34 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I must be a retard then, because i think college is hard... ;-(

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being