Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Lifelong Student

Sensa Soak
    #2199256 - 12/24/03 07:57 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I searched and couldn' t find anything on this product. Sensa Soak.

Proven 95% effective in producing all female plants!
Sensa-Soak is a miraculous new germinating fluid. You just soak your seeds in it until the germination root appears. And that's it. After that, you plant your seeds as you normally would in soil or growing medium.
It's that simple. Sensa-Soak goes to work immediately promoting feminization at the genetic level starting with the first cell divisions. Sensa-Soak unmasks the repression of the female traits which are present in all cells. This feminine predisposition is then passed on as the active seedling grows until the time when the plant is ready to declare its sex. At that point the plant is poised to exhibit female characteristics and to repress male characteristics.

Anyone used it?

"Ekam Sat Vipras Bahudda Vidante"
The One Truth is named by the wise in many ways.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Sensa Soak [Re: joe_millionaire]
    #2199688 - 12/24/03 02:09 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

sounds interesting, skeptical though..

Re: Sensa Soak [Re: neuro]
    #2205634 - 12/28/03 02:08 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

if it is real would it just be a hormone to promote it being female?

User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Sensa Soak [Re: mikey]
    #2205645 - 12/28/03 02:17 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not sure exactly how it would work. Sex is determined by genes. If you've got the genes that say you're male then you're male and the same for female.

I'm not so sure how sex expression works on a genetic level for cannabis. But if you consider a human analogy:

Human sex is determined by a gene that produces a protein called Testes Determining Factor. It is on the Y chromosome practically all of the time.

Before this we're all female until the TDF protein is transcribed (those of you of the male persuasion try and look with a mirror at your perineum, you'll see a line of fused labia).

It's possible to have an XY set and still be female if that Y chromosome for some reason didn't have the base pair set to make the TDF.

So lets consider cannabis to function in a similar way, whatever the stuff is perhaps it mimics a TDF that works in cannabis to produce femaleness (sorta like that myth about germinating in your GF's crushed birth control pills). So that way no matter what the genetics, for simplicity sake lets say: XX or XY (though this is NOT how it works for determining sex in cannabis or practically any plant and for most other animals too) the plant has been exposed to the femaleness TDF hormone.

educated guess, though i have really no clue on the genetics of cannabis with that respect. We never really covered that in plant genetics back in the day. Perhaps something to do with it being illegal.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden