Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecrispy
enthusiast
Re: PF tek or MMGG
    #21619 - 06/22/00 02:50 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Welcome to The Shroomery :smile:. Read as much as you can. This sight has everything you need to learn about growing mushrooms. Both techs that you mention are valid. See you around :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMycelium5150
Check theDate!!!!
Re: PF tek or MMGG [Re: crispy]
    #21621 - 06/22/00 03:14 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

well there pretty mucht he same. The mmgg is just easier to understand.

--------------------
Mad skills, you know this!!!

I am here to Myth Bust

Anonymous

#21622 - 06/22/00 05:27 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

I just printed out the Pf info thats on their page as well as the MMGG. Then i just bassically used them both as guides. I came up with excellent results.

InvisibleBaldCuban
scruffy-looking
 User Gallery

Loc: here, there, everywhere
    #21623 - 06/22/00 05:40 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Printing out a hard copy of either the PF Tek or the MMGG (or both) is a very good idea. It allows you to flip through and get a very thorough understanding of the tek. I had to read the PF Tek at least ten times through before I even began to understand it. Just make sure you keep the guide in a safe place away from unwanted eyes.

------------------
Baldy

Offlinehitterg
enthusiast
    #21624 - 06/23/00 02:00 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Baldy is right.
My buddy has about 14-16 differant teks that he keeps in an unmarked binder with his old collage books. It is very interesting to look through, even if you don't grow. It just has a shitload of info that you can read when you want. He also always has it by his side when trying new teks and follows it step by step.
I think he first started with the MMGG.

Anonymous

#21625 - 06/23/00 11:01 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

A friend of mine who is growing used both teks the same week off same spores and found that the MMGG tek seems to colonize quiker. I think its because it asks for more vermiculite which gives the substrate more air. He could be wrong but this is what my friend believes.

------------------
I'm against mushroom abortions.

Anonymous

#21626 - 06/23/00 12:22 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

This is just random spouting off from a relatively inexperienced cultivator, but I got good results on my first try so I'll throw in my two cents. I don't know that you should even follow either the pftek or the mmgg exactly. Afterall, I'm sure they were created after lots and lots of experimentation. Instead of following word for word, take in each section of the documents as a set of ideas and kinda improvise as you see fit. When you see a description of how to keep a certain thing sterile for instance, if instead of blindly following some instructions you understand what is trying to be accomplished and do it your own modified or innovated way you will gain experience much more quickly and have a better understanding of how the stuff works. I don't even see how the mmgg and pftek are dissimilar enough to really even distinguish between using one method or the other. I read both documents extensively then used sort of a mix of them, improvising both where I thought I could do something better or just had no choice for lack of materials and/or money.

So I guess my suggestion would be to read EVERYTHING available so that you know what everybody's ideas are on the topic, then make your own interpretation.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom