Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself?
    #21592947 -

I LOVE Alfredo sauce.  Back when I used to cook, I tried to make it quite a few times.  I think I used parmasean cheese, cream, and butter to make it.  I asked  a few friends and one of them said to also use diced garlic.  I loved the taste of the kind I made myself, and I thought I shouldn't mess with it.  I thought that adding garlic would be the most adventurous thing I'd do and no more than that.

Have you tried making Alfredo sauce?  What's your secret recipe?

P.S.  I always see on the shelf at grocery stores ready-made Alfredo sauce and I don't trust these.  I mean they can sit on the store shelf for months and don't go bad.  they must have tons of preservatives in them.  Not good for your health.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: WAN] * 1
    #21592989 -

add basil

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: ballsalsa]
    #21592998 -

ballsalsa said:
add basil



or infuse your cream/cheese with cannabis. it will give an herby flavor.


I love alfredo sauce, but I always eat the stuff in the jars. Whenever I make it myself, it is too sour and fondue tasting.


--------------------
   
:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: Gottaloveacid]
    #21593013 -

Gottaloveacid said:
I love alfredo sauce, but I always eat the stuff in the jars. Whenever I make it myself, it is too sour and fondue tasting.




less cheese, more cream (you can even sub in some half and half to thin it)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: ballsalsa]
    #21593033 -

Your recipe just needs some flour. Some like ricotta or cottage cheese, or chicken with various vegetables. Using better quality ingredients will make a huge difference, it's the difference between jarred and scratch sauces. Personally my favorite is yellow or red onion, fresh sweet and green peppers, and home roasted and peeled chile peppers. For a guide to roasting and peeling your chiles look up New Mexico green chile. You're gonna want to wear gloves :tongue2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: DustBunny]
    #21593073 -

Flour no.


Start off butter lower heat sauteed garlic till done. You. Could cook some veggies  with garlic or pre cook some meat beforehand. You then us half and half or heavy cream. Don't use a sweet cream. Let the cream heat up slowly when it gets hot not burning add parmesan cheese. Don't use the shelf stable stuff get real cheese. You want to whisk in the cheese slowly. Keep adding cheese till it's nice and sorta think sorta lik what you put Mac and cheese just thicker. I add salt and pepper at the end. The key is low heat good ingredients and whiskey so the cheese cream don't stick to the pan and burn.



I do like me some nice  hot thick cheesey white cream sauce . All over my noodle:naughty:


--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: trekie]
    #21593117 -

start with milk.

add one half onion... whole. and 1 bay leaf

bring it to a boil... then immediately reduce to barely a simmer.

add grated Parmesan slowly while stiring until it thickens slightly or you run out.

in a separate pan, saute garlic and shallot until brown and add to the pot.

reduce to the desired thickness.

remove onion and bay leaf.
add a some basil chiffonade


--------------------
->$10 FLOW HOOD ALTERNATIVE <-

. i cleaned a mold contaminated live culture and saved it. (might have useful applications)

[quote]Enlil said:
I'd be the guy with thousands of minions doing my bidding and all of the hot women locked in a cage for my use.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: ballsalsa]
    #21593163 -

Alfredo is great,  I make it once a week atleast.

This is my recipe

-1 stick butter, salted
-2 pints whipping cream
-6-8 cloves garlic
-1/4 cup grated parmesan
-1/4 cup shredded mozzerella

Melt the butter in a saucepan. Finely chop garlic and let it cook in the butter until golden brown, on a medium heat. Add salt and pepper to taste(you can always add more later)

Once the garlic is golden brown, add the whipping cream. Simmer until the sauce thickens (maybe 15 minutes) to a desirable consistency. Add parmesan and mozzerella.

Bam, you're done.

serve over your choice of noodle with chicken and broccoli


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: WAN]
    #21594020 -

I only make my own alfredo sauce. The secret is not to add the parmesan until the end and take it off the burner. The butter always wants to seperate on me if I do it any other way, or leave it on the burner to stay warm.


--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: WAN]
    #21594036 -

The most important aspect of a good alfredo is having a quality parmesan. 
Parmigiano-Reggiano preferably, and grate it yourself. And adding it at the end.

Pregrated parmesan looses a lot of its good flavor, get it whole.
And never, ever use that green parmesan in the plastic bottle.

A dash of nutmeg does wonders for alfredo.

Edited by 1234go (04/25/15 08:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: 1234go]
    #21603698 -

i agree with the nutmeg...

also a shot of port can really make it pop


--------------------
->$10 FLOW HOOD ALTERNATIVE <-

. i cleaned a mold contaminated live culture and saved it. (might have useful applications)

[quote]Enlil said:
I'd be the guy with thousands of minions doing my bidding and all of the hot women locked in a cage for my use.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: rxb]
    #21603798 -

Add olive oil and once hot add 1/2 finely chopped onion, summer this until they're trannyluscent. Then add a few cloves shredded garlic, simmer for a bit longer. When things are just starting to brown add 1/2 cup chicken broth, and 1- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream, stir over low med heat until it's starting to simmer.

When it's hot add 1 - 1 1/2cup parmesano reggiano and stir slowly until it's melted. Add a bit of salt (not too much as the broth already had some), a bit of black pepper, some chili flakes or cayenne if u like some spice, then finish off with a couple squeezes from some lemon slices. Kill the heat and sprinkle some chopped basil in top

Italiano!


--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: Mickalopagus]
    #21603914 -

I made Alfred three times yesterday. Got super stoned and ended up eating way too much


--------------------
   
:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: rxb]
    #21603918 -

rxb said:
i agree with the nutmeg...

also a shot of port can really make it pop



Ever tried a bit of Cayenne pepper? Best Alfredo sauce I ever had was just a basic sauce with just a bit of cayenne added. Not enough to make it spicy.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: Shroomslip]
    #21603936 -

Shroomslip said:
rxb said:
i agree with the nutmeg...

also a shot of port can really make it pop



Ever tried a bit of Cayenne pepper? Best Alfredo sauce I ever had was just a basic sauce with just a bit of cayenne added. Not enough to make it spicy.



That actually sounds quite good.


--------------------
"Freedom Isn't Free" is only half correct. True freedom doesn't exist in the society we exist in. What the saying really means is "The Illusion of Freedom Isn't Free"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: TopPmz]
    #21603969 -

I did my own alfredo sauce once. I was appaled at the amount of butter and cheese needed to make it. Calories and fat were shot through the roof


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: TopPmz]
    #21603989 -

There's only three ingredients in alfredo it's not that hard.
I reduce heavy cream in a wide saute pan over medium-low until it coats the back of a spoon, pull it off the heat and whisk in the butter and parmesan until melted, check seasoning and toss the pasta in the pan with the sauce before plating ON A PRE-WARMED PLATE.  The pre-warmed plate is the most important part of the whole thing.  I like to whisk in the butter at the end off the heat for a better texture, like you would do a beurre blanc.
Sometimes I mince up a bunch of herbs and toss them in at the end with the pasta.  Doesn't matter what herbs really, just no cilantro.  I also use nutmeg in most white sauces in general but that's optional.  I've never had a good experience with flavored alfredos, especially garlic flavored ones.  Garlic in alfredo is a huge no no in my opinion.

BTW escargot with alfredo is heaven.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: abltsandwich]
    #21604052 -

Technically a "true" alfredo sause is only two ingredients; butter and parmesan.  That's the traditional italuan recipe.  The regular addition of cream is a north American thing mostly.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: abltsandwich]
    #21604057 -

abltsandwich said:
There's only three ingredients in alfredo it's not that hard.
I reduce heavy cream in a wide saute pan over medium-low until it coats the back of a spoon, pull it off the heat and whisk in the butter and parmesan until melted, check seasoning and toss the pasta in the pan with the sauce before plating ON A PRE-WARMED PLATE.  The pre-warmed plate is the most important part of the whole thing.  I like to whisk in the butter at the end off the heat for a better texture, like you would do a beurre blanc.
Sometimes I mince up a bunch of herbs and toss them in at the end with the pasta.  Doesn't matter what herbs really, just no cilantro.  I also use nutmeg in most white sauces in general but that's optional.  I've never had a good experience with flavored alfredos, especially garlic flavored ones.  Garlic in alfredo is a huge no no in my opinion.

BTW escargot with alfredo is heaven.


Finaly someone who knows how to make alfredo without turning it into an hour long proocess. :raisemyglass: You should try it over an osso buco


--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you like Alfredo sauce? Ever tried making it yourself? [Re: r00tuuu123]
    #21604077 -

yes cayenne is good, but i prefer saratcha i dont think these cute fucking peppers were in ancient italy or anything, but i fucking well like them and what they do.

also i like capers in it.


--------------------
->$10 FLOW HOOD ALTERNATIVE <-

. i cleaned a mold contaminated live culture and saved it. (might have useful applications)

[quote]Enlil said:
I'd be the guy with thousands of minions doing my bidding and all of the hot women locked in a cage for my use.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* spaghetti alfredo for breakfast NWlight 996 15 04/19/12 08:41 PM
by underfliptown
* Songs that make you cry..........
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Bullfrog1 27,727 127 09/05/22 05:49 PM
by oursoulsinmotion
* Money making ventures reflectedlight 1,220 9 08/24/03 01:57 PM
by eric_the_red
* i make a mean...
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,651 27 06/04/20 09:21 PM
by 1234go
* Wine and mead making Azmodeus 1,212 9 08/07/03 10:38 AM
by Azmodeus
* Making Friends Rule! Earth_Droid 1,333 6 03/12/03 02:08 PM
by Galvie_Flu
* Someone should make "harmless?" parody pictures
( 1 2 3 all )
LearyfanS 7,451 41 04/22/03 10:49 AM
by Learyfan
* Why have mushrooms been making me pass out?
( 1 2 all )
AllisonWonderland 4,853 27 04/07/19 02:09 AM
by Lucis

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,607 topic views. 9 members, 18 guests and 99 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.