Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown?
    #21504037 -

So its Saturday and im  at Lil Ceasars, getting some pizza.

Theres a sign outside that said "theres a nationwide slowdown of processing credit cards. We would prefer u pay cash".

Is this really happening across the nation in your neighbourhood?

And is it happening to debit cards too?


--------------------
"A single lifetime in this density can accomplish a refinement of Will that might take far longer in a realm where the truth is always visible" - Zii, Confederation of Planets, GFL Station.

"You will then have national and global contact around 2026." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS (PDF Download) - 312 pages! | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:Canned Computer Duster SAB Tek 👨‍🔬 | Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits | R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Edited by LogicaL Chaos (04/05/15 04:21 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #21504054 -

No its bullshit. They are just tired of people costing them at least 5% of every transaction with their merchant fees. Cash is better for everyone but the credit card companies.


--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown? [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #21504069 -

:strokebeard: I did buy gas with a card tonight and I was standing there like 'wtf why is this taking so long?' but it was really only like 10-15 seconds longer than normal, and it was probably just the people inside the gas station not turning the pump on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown? [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #21504095 -

My debit card hasn't been working the past few days. I mean I can use it to pay, but the pin entry portion isn't coming up. It's just going straight to credit. It's happening at all the stores around here. I dunno if it's related or not. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing taking forever or anything.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown? [Re: Shroomslip]
    #21504165 -

Shroomslip said:
My debit card hasn't been working the past few days. I mean I can use it to pay, but the pin entry portion isn't coming up. It's just going straight to credit. It's happening at all the stores around here. I dunno if it's related or not. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary. Nothing taking forever or anything.



alot of stores just dont require a pin.

i worked at subway for 6 months and never had to ask for a pin. there was a keypad, but we only used it when the swipper wasn't working

Edited by Adolin (04/04/15 11:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown? [Re: Adolin]
    #21504166 -

No these are all stores that used to ask for pin. It's only stopped the past few days. I know some don't.


--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.


You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown? [Re: Shroomslip]
    #21504202 -

its bs.  they just want cash because then they get paid the full amount instead of 2-5% less.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown? [Re: ballsalsa]
    #21504216 -

I work for a major credit card processor. Can confirm. It's bullshit.


--------------------
Play Clash of Clans? Join the Shroomery clan!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown? [Re: Warrior]
    #21504240 -

Wow, really? U work for a major credit card company?

Tell us your secrets!  :lol:

just kidding.

Thats interesting that its not actually real. But it makes sense they wanna save money.

But to lie about it?


thats just Fucked up :nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #21504243 -

I pay cash for everything down with the fed!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #21504253 -

LogicaL Chaos said:
Wow, really? U work for a major credit card company?

Tell us your secrets!  :lol:

just kidding.

Thats interesting that its not actually real. But it makes sense they wanna save money.

But to lie about it?


thats just Fucked up :nonono:




lil c's is a franchise, and corporate probably won't allow them to flat out require cash, so the actual business owner has to use a bullshit ruse and hope nobody reports him for it.  kinda crappy for the poor shlub trying to make a buck off a few (really cheap) pizzas.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown? [Re: ballsalsa]
    #21504444 -

The workers are probably trying to make a few extra bucks on the side so they can buy a sack.

"Please pay with cash.  No Tax.  We got you homie!"


--------------------
Confucius say: He who sticks drugs in butthole has head up ass. 


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown? [Re: MrBlueYoMind]
    #21504853 -

ha, i get it. "Working off the books".

Like tips at resturants. Just cold hard, sac-buying cash.

Pretty clever lil c owner.

:strokebeard:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown? [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #21504874 -

Ellis Dee said:
No its bullshit. They are just tired of people costing them at least 5% of every transaction with their merchant fees. Cash is better for everyone but the credit card companies.



:kaneclap:


--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown? [Re: r00tuuu123]
    #21505054 -

warrior, why don't you do computer security for a living?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown? [Re: teamkiller]
    #21511672 -

I would love to work in the security field. Problem is I got a late start to a career in this field. At the moment I'm administering the company's Active Directory. I create new user accounts, deactivate terminated employees and maintain everyone's access to all the various programs and applications that we use.

I'll be looking into starting my certifications in the near future. For now, it's a hobby.

As for the topic of this thread, the business pulling credit card transactions is both smart and dumb at the same time.

If they sell $1,000,000 a year in profit between all their locations and accept credit cards they're likely to pay around $50,000 of that in credit card processing fees. Accept cash only and they save $50,000.

The down-side is that in today's world, especially in 'Merica, mostly everyone uses credit/debit cards. Because of that they would likely lost out on some of the business.

:cheers:


--------------------
Play Clash of Clans? Join the Shroomery clan!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown? [Re: Warrior]
    #21512452 -

Oh, the old catch-22 of businesses, fees vs losing business.

Ive been going to other stores, and no mention of a "slowdown". Lil ceasars, what a load of crap.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Nationwide Credi Card Slowdown? [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #21513682 -

It is kinda similar to alot of stores will have a posted minimum for credit cards.  I forget where I heard it, but I don't think the CC companies allow retailers to do this (or maybe it is just some credit cards or maybe just made up idunno), like if you say you accept VISA you have to take all sales you would with cash no matter how small.

I guess if it is a percent it doesn't matter, but I think in some cases there might be transaction fees for the seller that make small sales not as worth it.  I don't see it that much lately though, and alot of stores that used to have minimums don't anymore I noticed, so maybe something has changed in how they handle that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Someone has stolen my debit card number! blissedout 1,191 19 11/14/05 09:00 PM
by blissedout
* How to piss off credit card companies and get away with it zeppa 1,683 17 05/01/05 09:31 PM
by Skunk420
* establishing credit? udontknowme 2,059 13 02/14/07 07:42 PM
by udontknowme
* Applied for my first credit card RipVanWinkle 1,601 18 01/26/08 12:22 AM
by im_on_a_boat
* So I just got a credit card and....
( 1 2 all )
peaceandlove 3,829 27 10/30/07 01:27 PM
by CantiSama
* What's the Difference Between Credit and Debit?
( 1 2 all )
Mighty Bop 2,242 29 08/01/05 09:37 PM
by Prisoner#1
* Credit Card Question Cakes 1,338 14 10/01/08 01:38 PM
by thekwazz
* My credit report
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 4,287 42 10/04/05 08:25 AM
by RandalFlagg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
546 topic views. 0 members, 191 guests and 76 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.