Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
My credit report
    #4750822 -

I went to www.freecreditreport.com and got my credit report

I got a 780 out of 830 (830 out of 830 is perfect).  I'll bet I have every single one of you beat.



:smirk:

Edited by RandalFlagg (10/04/05 08:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4750828 -

Keep pulling credit reports on yourself and see how fast it drops :tongue:


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4750829 -

see that freecerditreport in the link you're pointing to?

that's a fake site and i hope to gawd you didn't put your ssn in there!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: qhr0me]
    #4750835 -

what?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4750837 -

I only got 720, when my credit card company checked it. They wouldn't raise my limit so I told them to fuck themselves and got a new card with more credit than I could possibly spend.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: Liz]
    #4750842 -

ifallapart said:
Keep pulling credit reports on yourself and see how fast it drops :tongue:



Your credit drops if you go and check it?  What the fuck?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4750847 -

it drops if you request an increase in your limit too. It drops for just about any reason a creditor can think of.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: qhr0me]
    #4750848 -

qhr0me said:
see that freecerditreport in the link you're pointing to?

that's a fake site and i hope to gawd you didn't put your ssn in there!



I accidentally mispelled it. I went back and edited it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4750851 -

Yeah. Unless you go to experian, transunion, or equifax (the 3 bureaus) directly for a credit report, it goes on your credit as an "inquiry" and too many of those drop your score.

The logic behind that, is that you may be applying for/incurring a lot of new debt (and possibly getting in way over your head) so most lending institutions view that as a raised risk.


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4750856 -

RandalFlagg said:
ifallapart said:
Keep pulling credit reports on yourself and see how fast it drops :tongue:



Your credit drops if you go and check it?  What the fuck?



Nah, only if its a bank or lending agency.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: WeAreAllOne]
    #4750857 -

WeAreAllOne said:
what?



the link points to freecerditreport.com not the freecreditreport.com which is (one would hope) the official experian site, even tho i wouldn't trust that either. i'd prefer to go straight into experian.com and take it from there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: Nashbar]
    #4750859 -

The actual reason it drops when you ask to increase your credit is because the credit card company pulls a credit report on you....an inquiry. There's no magical drop just for requesting the increase.


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: Nashbar]
    #4750860 -

Nashbar said:
I only got 720, when my credit card company checked it.  They wouldn't raise my limit so I told them to fuck themselves and got a new card with  more credit than I could possibly spend.



My company tries to fuck with me sometimes too (raise my interest rate, etc..).  I just threaten to leave and they start kissing my ass.  "Mr. Randal, you are a great customer and we will do anything to keep you."  :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: Catalysis]
    #4750863 -

Catalysis said:
RandalFlagg said:
ifallapart said:
Keep pulling credit reports on yourself and see how fast it drops :tongue:



Your credit drops if you go and check it?  What the fuck?



Nah, only if its a bank or lending agency.



Untrue.  If you apply for a cell phone, it pulls it...insurance companys ... they pull it too.  Pretty much everything shows up on your credit nowadays.


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: Liz]
    #4750870 -

There are different ways to look at a credit report. If you subscribe to comcast cable, they look at your credit report but they don't lend money so their "hit" goes under a different category and does not subtract points. If you are shopping for a mortgage, every hit lowers your score for a month or so.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: Liz]
    #4750876 -

ifallapart said:
Pretty much everything shows up on your credit nowadays.



Just call me Winston Smith.

By the way, I'll bet my score is higher than any other shroomerite's score.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: Catalysis]
    #4750877 -

I review about 25-50 credit reports per day...and I've never once, in my 5 years as an underwriter, see different "categories" of inquiries on your credit.  :shrug:


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4750888 -

RandalFlagg said:
I accidentally mispelled it. I went back and edited it.



i don't see the corrected link... still pointing to that bullshit site. again, i would never get my credit report unless i go straight through experian.com (or the other two credit reporting agencies).

i would never ever put my info (and especially ssn) into any other bullshit getyourfreecreditreport and we'll own you for life type of sites.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: Liz]
    #4750890 -

my credit score is 830.
i just don't feel like showing you.


edit:  to Randall, not ifallapart.  :thumbup:

Edited by WeAreAllOne (10/03/05 08:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My credit report [Re: WeAreAllOne]
    #4750896 -

WeAreAllOne said:
my credit score is 830.



My ass.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Oddity in my credit report DNKYD 626 2 12/19/05 11:10 PM
by RandalFlagg
* Renting a place....Credit check Schwip 2,052 17 05/05/14 11:59 PM
by theRAPeutic
* MY CREDIT SUCKS
( 1 2 all )
Se77vN 4,453 39 12/05/05 11:08 PM
by Vvellum
* bad credit & apartments Vvellum 946 12 01/10/06 06:37 AM
by gregorio
* Bad Credit Question Madtowntripper 508 1 08/27/05 04:23 PM
by goobler
* no credit card peleg 947 6 02/21/04 03:55 PM
by Frog
* Lohan Reportedly in Calif. Traffic Crash
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 3,916 29 10/05/05 10:51 PM
by d33p
* Michael Jackon reported dead from drug overdose
( 1 2 all )
OrizonsHorizon 1,824 22 12/10/05 10:11 PM
by Microcosmatrix

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,287 topic views. 2 members, 205 guests and 73 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.