Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: Fantasy - Move to Amsterdam, grow shrooms, sell spores [Re: Learyfan]
    #2139735 - 11/27/03 05:33 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

There will be a few hurldles, but it can't be
that hard for an american to move to amsterdam,
as dam is full of americans, some of which own
coffee shops and bars, so i would say its very possible.

Easyer for me, being a european :tongue:

--------------------
er

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Fantasy - Move to Amsterdam, grow shrooms, sell spores [Re: G a n j a]
    #2141253 - 11/27/03 10:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

hehehehe....i have an EU passport....yeah,oneday :smile:

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

Loc: unknown trashscape
Re: Fantasy - Move to Amsterdam, grow shrooms, sell spores [Re: Learyfan]
    #2143872 - 11/29/03 06:53 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It is both easy and difficult (sounding like Morpheus) to move to Amsterdam. It depends on the type of life that you wish to have. I went to University in A-dam for some Master's degrees and it was fairly easy to live off my student loans and what not ($8,000 per year from the USgov't). My apartments were always between 300-500 $ a month, for places that ranged from shitty shitty dorms that were filthy and only had 2 toilets for 20 people, to nice, decent, real places that were of course more expensive and often only temporary. However, under my residence conditions I am only allowed to work 10 hours a week, and most of my jobs have been for between euro 6.50 and 9 per hour/ with health insurance (yay!) that is decent, even working so few hours. However, now I am nearly done school and my legal papers have run out, I cannot really work here and it is a lot tougher. There is very little illegal work to be found, it is almost impossible to live without a job, my student loans are up...basically my options to stay here are quite limited. Still, if you want to have the lifestyle of living out of a duffel bag and living in shitty places with dodgy people and not knowing where your next meal/joint is coming from then sure it can be done, especially in the summer. I feel too old for that shit and I actually want to have a real job with security and a house that I know I can stay in, so I am thinking that I'll have to leave in a few months, when I am done my last work on my last Master's thesis. Still, I plan on trying out a few more hairbrained schemes before I get on any planes, and there are other countries to live in besides the US, so who knows. Amsterdam is a beautiful place, even though some people hate it (with good reason), and you can do a lot here that is impossible other places. My advice is to make certain you plan things well and realize what you really want so you aren't disappointed or ending up in a dangerous situation. There really are a lot of hustlers here, especially in the real estate market and especially if you are a foreigner, so always look out for you own interests, trust your instincts and talk a lot to other people in the same boat as you.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Fantasy - Move to Amsterdam, grow shrooms, sell spores [Re: champ]
    #2144962 - 11/29/03 05:04 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Its a nice fantasy, I think its a realistic one too. I've been wondering what life would be like there, like if you can live a real life there or if its just for pot and visiting. I'm going to look into because I dont think the way life in the US is how life should be.

Invisiblemuhurgle
Turtles all theway down

Re: Fantasy - Move to Amsterdam, grow shrooms, sell spores [Re: DailyPot]
    #2145009 - 11/29/03 05:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

My fantasy: move to countryside south of France. Buy a pictoresque old farmhouse with some land. Start growing rye.

--------------------
"To make this mundane world sublime
Take half a gram of phanerothyme."

Aldous Huxley

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
Re: Fantasy - Move to Amsterdam, grow shrooms, sell spores [Re: champ]
    #2146356 - 11/30/03 10:37 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

There is plenty of illegal work to be found in Holland if you know where to look. There are even clandestine employment offices where most of the work is illegal.
There also are a few squatter movements and anti-squatters. Both provide free or very cheap but sometimes shitty housing.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Fantasy - Move to Amsterdam, grow shrooms, sell spores [Re: cybrbeast]
    #2146594 - 11/30/03 12:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Most of all to fulfill your dream is to have a lot of m9ney. It is expensive to live in Amsterdam, and even harder to get work.

Owning a shop for an outsider is also very hard. I know three shroom experts in Holland, besides numerous growers who supply the smart shops with their shrooms.

Hans van den Hurk owns five conscious Dreams Smart Shoppes. One is the Kokopeli owned and operaterd by Veronique. IT is part of a colelctive and so she has to get all of her merchandise through hans to sell in her shoppe which is franchised to her. But she is fromthere.

Anyway. Good luck with your dream.

mj

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale