Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: my3rdeye]
    #21379113 -

my3rdeye said:
I like everything stones did from aftermath to tattoo you. Thats 66-81 and its alot longer than the Beatles were around. I like the beatles but find them less listenable today. At least the stones never did any gay yoko onto inspired revolution #9 shit. Let it bleed or exile on main street have a sound that doesnt seem dated. Its bluesy rock the type still played in small bars everywhere. The high light of the beatles was their psycedelic period and that whole style sounds dated now really. I never listen to sgt pepper or magical mystery tour. The stones graduated from psychedelic rock they stuck around and matured thru the 70s.
Fav Album sticky fingers / Abbey Road
And Floyd over zep.
And i like the who better than all of them.





ok, there.  comparing floyd and zeppelin.  two totally different types of music


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: demiu5]
    #21379123 -

Love them both but definitely gotta go for the Stones.
And definitely absolutely love Harrisons solo stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: Dark_Star]
    #21380067 -

Dark_Star said:
I have. I've heard all the Beatles stuff. Of course the Beatles are better than Beiber, but music in general was better back then. The Beatles were one of first pop bands with screaming teenage fangirls. You couldn't even hear the music at their shows. Bieber of that generation.



Would you have considered the grateful dead's music bad if millions of young girls flocked to their shows?

The magnitude of popularity and demographic of show-goer's has no weight on the quality of one's music. Old nazis could have been the beatles' main listeners, I would still think their music is awesome.


--------------------
:leaf: :usa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: Webster10]
    #21380082 -

I don't get the Beatles worship at all.  Never have.  Bunch of fluffy headed homos with no real balls.  I don't get Springsteen either.  Fuck them both and the Devil deserves sympathy.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: The Lizard King]
    #21380143 -

Had to STAL on this one, two of my favorite bands couldnt pick between them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: Connoisseur]
    #21380198 -

I know 14 year old kids who are better musicians than the stones. Even if you dont like the beatles music, it at lease took some amount of appreciable skill.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: I_was_the_walrus] * 1
    #21380214 -

I_was_the_walrus said:
I know 14 year old kids who are better musicians than the stones. Even if you dont like the beatles music, it at lease took some amount of appreciable skill.



Not really.  You want musicianship?  Every prog rock band in the seventies was way better than the Beatles.  They had a knack for writing catchy pop tunes that teenage girls peed over.  That's fine.  The supposedly deep thoughts later were as deep as a puddle in the Mojave.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21380225 -

:solidnod:


--------------------
Dipping Swords in Metaphors

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #21380231 -

I have no idea.

I don't like any or hate any of them more than the other. It was before my time.... Sure, I know the hits... But nothing more...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: Patlal]
    #21380241 -

Patlal said:
I have no idea.

I don't like any or hate any of them more than the other. It was before my time.... Sure, I know the hits... But nothing more...



Your indifference :grrr:.


--------------------
Dipping Swords in Metaphors

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: The Lizard King]
    #21380297 -

This is an invalid debate.

The Shaggs were the best, Zappa said so himself.



--------------------
"I didn't know chicken's wore suspenders" - Towelie


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: Yukon Cornelius]
    #21380306 -

That was so gloriously awful it deserves a place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: zappaisgod]
    #21380326 -

Quote:
You want musicianship?  Every prog rock band in the seventies was way better than the Beatles



Well thats not what we're here to argue today, is it?

Quote:
The supposedly deep thoughts later were as deep as a puddle in the Mojave.



Even if the bealtes were a purely instrumental band (and they had a few), they would still be a better band.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: I_was_the_walrus] * 1
    #21380469 -

Comparing the beatles to the stones is like comparing the technical merits of a classical composer to the  raw passion of traditional folk music.

The beatles give me inspiration, the stones give me motivation.

Thought provoking vs primal satiation

Apples and oranges here, just because they were popular around the same timeframe does not mean it's a valid comparison on obective musical superiority.


--------------------
"I didn't know chicken's wore suspenders" - Towelie


Edited by Yukon Cornelius (03/08/15 09:09 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: Yukon Cornelius]
    #21380528 -

Beatles VS Stones is the most classic rock and roll debate in history

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: Connoisseur]
    #21380593 -

Ruby Tuesday, Honky Tonk Woman, Waiting on a friend.
Prefer the stones by a long-shot.
However if the Beatles get air time on my Rock station, I don't always change the channel.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #21380865 -

Apollyphelion said:
I prefer the Beatles and in the end because I think you could objectively say they have a way more diverse catalogue.
The stones were GREAT blues rock
Amazing blues rock
but they aren't anything else besides blues rock.

The Beatles are pop/avantgarde/protometal/ska/folk...They
are simply way more musically complex.

But with that said,
I've heard so much stones and beatles through out my life
It's rare that I will purposely listen to either
and when I do
It's a small, particular set of songs.



Eaxactly, so true


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #21380890 -

I like the Beatles more for their music.

Never really liked the stones so much, I like them a little more now that I am older. Mostly has to do with how cool that band was though.

Check out this haunting song by Brian Jones and Keith Richards.



--------------------


つ ◕_◕ ༽つ N = R* • fp • ne • fl • fi • fc • L 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: Atreyu]
    #21381075 -

I'll take both. If I had to choose one it would probably be the Beatles, but I really do love the stones. My dad was a stones guy, grew up with that music and I love it. Beggars banquet is one of my favorite albums. Its great party music, keeps up the pace, it's driving and gritty and fun.

I love the Beatles for different reasons. I don't like every Beatles song, but the good ones are amazing. Some are horrible - obla di, maxwells silver hammer, octopus's garden, etc.... But then there's yer blues, happiness is a warm gun, get back, getting better, a day in the life, some of those tunes are so good they bring years to my eyes. The Beatles cover a much wider spectrum than the stones. Can be gritty and nasty (Lennon) but there is so much more. I don't think the Beatles are the least bit overrated, they deserve every bit of recognition and they will be remembered long after the rolling stones are more or less forgotten.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Beatles VS The Stones [Re: drr]
    #21381090 -

don't really care for either.

I like the song moonlight mile - rolling stones and I also like the song John Lennon - mother...

that's really it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Help me choose...v Sterile 1,209 9 05/20/05 02:46 PM
by emptywisdom
* WHo here like Led Zeppelin?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
sunshine 4,960 61 04/18/04 11:18 PM
by Phred
* Beatles Roofop Concert deadHead321 723 3 06/07/06 03:13 PM
by Rose
* Any Beatles fans.
( 1 2 all )
The_Red_Crayon 2,032 23 03/15/04 11:13 AM
by Anonymous
* Anyone else really stoned?
( 1 2 all )
iloveraving 1,919 32 09/01/04 02:13 PM
by browndustin
* Shroomerites in toronto at the stones
( 1 2 all )
Ole Field Trashe 4,744 31 07/31/03 11:14 PM
by Phencyclidine
* Pink Floyd/Led Zeppelin/Grateful Dead
( 1 2 3 all )
Gumby 6,645 50 05/18/09 09:23 PM
by OrganizedChaos
* Wow!! -------Led Zeppelin Legoulash 916 14 06/14/04 01:11 AM
by Revelation

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,436 topic views. 5 members, 49 guests and 141 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 15 queries.