Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Gymnopilus spectabilis in Newfoundland.
    #2130139 -

90% sure i found G. spectabilis here in St. John's. I was scouting around the small park near my home where amanitas grow, and found some clusters of orange/yellown shrooms growing on and around what is probably a large confier stump.

They look something like this:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/show_image.php?image=mushrooms/gymnopilus_spectabilis7.jpg

They are a rather brightish yellow/orange as mentioned, the caps are now pretty much flat on top with gills that seem to fade in color from a dark cinnamony color to a lighter, almost off white. There is a trace of an annulus. I'm not expecting an ID, so don't flame me. I'll post a full description later.

All descriptions I've heard match these shrooms to a T. I have to wait until I have access to a friend's digital camera to post pictures here.

Are there any shrooms that look like G. spectabilus?


--------------------
"I think there's something wrong with me." - Oscar Zeta Acosta

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus spectabilis in Newfoundland. [Re: GonzoPunk]
    #2130160 -

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus spectabilis in Newfoundland. [Re: ]
    #2130217 -

Just as an aside, I don't know if I've mentioned this to you before, but G. Spectabilis definitely grow here, Gonzopunk. So it's possible that you've got some.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Gymnopilus spectabilis in Newfoundland. [Re: GonzoPunk]
    #2130449 -

Check the sporeprint. Make sure its orange..not white.

Also, they will bruise a little blue near the base if they are active.

I found some spectabilis here on the west coast of the US, and they were inactive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Newfoundland Mushrooms Snipes 7,738 15 10/24/11 10:07 PM
by MollyLucyMaryJane
* Large grouping of immature G.Spectabilis/G.Junonius found nofind_um 4,887 14 09/23/03 10:29 AM
by Anonymous
* Gymnolious Spectabilis in GA rasjoe2112 995 10 09/02/04 01:23 PM
by canid
* Gymnopilus Spectabilis found in eastern TN... The_Appalachain 1,784 7 02/15/06 01:22 PM
by YESSUP
* Hunter needs help with Identification of Poss. Spectabilis, thanks cosmicsea 1,005 3 02/27/05 11:33 AM
by cosmicsea
* Identify Gymnopilus Spectabilis Weiliiiiii 2,728 9 10/16/03 01:09 PM
by ToxicMan
* Hunting Amanita's, Newfoundland? ophion 2,269 3 10/24/11 08:48 PM
by Newfie
* Sacred Blue Gym from Ohio
( 1 2 all )
shroomydan 12,015 27 09/28/18 09:48 AM
by Mlaclum

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,213 topic views. 1 members, 19 guests and 33 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.018 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.