Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Hunter needs help with Identification of Poss. Spectabilis, thanks
    #3827135 -

Allright ...

First of all welcome to the shroomery to the newbies and I hope you learn mycology!

I found some potential G. Spectabilis. Sorry I have no camera, but I am experienced enough to relate this info. All right well it's February (not the season for em.. but hey i'm in florida!) and they are slightly different in description, allow me to explain.

Central Florida. Everything fits: clustered, pale orange yellow, rusty orange spores (not galerina brown), big, yellowish veil remnants, big stems with vertical fibers. Basically it's all the same as the audubon desc's for Gym's BUT: the caps are wavy and sunken (still very big but sunken in the center and wavy along the margin). They're probably a week to (at latest) 2 weeks old telling by their amount of decay.

Anyone out there in florida got an idea?
Thank you!

p.s. as for signs of blueing I am not certain. The drying process is just now beginning and it's 50/50.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunter needs help with Identification of Poss. Spectabilis, thanks [Re: cosmicsea]
    #3832619 -

Is anyone out there??

Basically I think I've found Spectabilis. No real great signs of blueing however. From some pictures online I have noticed the caps get wavy or incurved like my specimens.

Are there any real look-a-like to the G. spectabilis found near around Central Fla?

Thanks

The Shroomie Biotch Kitcsch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunter needs help with Identification of Poss. Spectabilis, thanks [Re: cosmicsea]
    #3833481 -

I dunno man, I think people are just reluctant to confirm these without some pics or something, I know I am.

there are a lot of different gymnopilus species which aren't really safe to experiment with, never heard of spectabilis in FL. if you don't see any obvious bluing I wouldn't mess with them. maybe GG or one of the southerners will be able to help more. get some pics or scans if you can.

DH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Hunter needs help with Identification of Poss. Spectabilis, thanks [Re: spores]
    #3840919 -

DH--

thanks for the reply.  yeah I'll have to get those pics somehow.  these things are amazing! i just haven't the nerve to test it :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags, Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Large grouping of immature G.Spectabilis/G.Junonius found nofind_um 4,887 14 09/23/03 10:29 AM
by Anonymous
* Gymnopilus spectabilis in Central CA (PICS) joemato 1,936 7 02/03/04 01:29 AM
by canid
* Gymnopilus spectabilis Spiritus 4,919 11 10/09/03 04:34 PM
by canid
* Sacred Blue Gym from Ohio
( 1 2 all )
shroomydan 12,015 27 09/28/18 09:48 AM
by Mlaclum
* Species Identification - Orange Mushroom in Ohio DK1 4,999 6 05/16/07 10:07 PM
by coon
* Some Microscopes used by MJ for identification and SEM Work mjshroomer 6,597 19 07/31/06 06:22 AM
by Zen Peddler
* Urgent request to all experienced mushroom hunters
( 1 2 3 all )
AsanteM 13,433 59 10/06/07 04:06 PM
by canid
* Novice Hunter in Upstate SC spacemonkee 1,096 4 10/11/03 09:06 PM
by spacemonkee

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,005 topic views. 0 members, 27 guests and 59 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.018 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.