Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGlobal_Stoner
Random
Loc: England
Mexican Mushrooms
    #2091937 - 11/11/03 10:19 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hello

I hope some kind soul(s) can answer a few questions for me?

This weekend I had one of the most profound and amazing experiences I have ever had on drugs. I dropped about 30g of Mexican Mushrooms (Psilocybe Mexicana) and it was the best trip I've ever had, including acid. The quality of the visuals, the images that formed in my head and finally the almost zen like calm that took over me as I started to come down left me blown away.

However its getting a tad pricey buying them at ?15 a pop every time I want to do them, especially as next time I planning on upping it to the 40g mark. I was thinking for the first time to buy a grow kit, before doing it the more complex way. I've been looking round at grow kits at Everybodydoesit.com and they seem to have a nice selection and I've brought shrooms of them and the service was good. I've tried a number of different varieties of shrooms and Mexicans are defiantly my favourite over normal Cubensis. However on the website it recommends the use of a propagator for this type. I didn?t see any specific information about Mexicans in the FAQ, so wanted to make sure before I stated buying kit (Apologies if it is there and I have missed it).

Has anybody any experience growing Mexican shrooms and have suggestions as to what the best type and size of propagator to use is? I've had a quick scout round the web and they seem to start from about ?25 on Deal Time, but I don't know if this type would be best. Does anybody else have some favourite types? What sort of size do you need to put a grow kit in? Slightly bigger may be better (to get more shrooms) as the next time I grow I?ll probably buy a spore syringe of something, but wanted to make the first time as easy as possible. Also if I brought a propagator are there any types to keep the moisture at the right level so I don't have to spray them everyday or do they all do this (I don't have much gardening experience I'm afraid)

Is there any other gear that would be recommended? Would it work just sticking a desk lamp next to the propagator with a daylight bulb in it and moving to the other side each day as it will be under the bed and I wont have much space above it?

Are the different types of strains easier or harder to grow then one another? I don?t want to be bighting of more then I can chew for my first attempt, but I do much prefer Mexican over Cubensis.

Sorry if any of my questions seem stupid, I just want to get this right before I fork out for gear.

Many Thanks

Everybody does it - http://www.everyonedoesit.com/headshop.htm
Deal Time - http://www.google.dealtime.co.uk/xKW-propagator/NS-1/linkin_id-3026336/GS.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Mexican Mushrooms [Re: Global_Stoner]
    #2092035 - 11/11/03 10:51 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mexican Mushrooms [Re: Anno]
    #2093093 - 11/11/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I checked your links out, and their mexicanna kit looks just like what a home cultivator would call a bread tin casing.

The links to propagators look like mini-greenhouses for plants, which I doubt would work anybetter than any of our home made terreriums. So, if you don't want to buy a propogator, just build a small terrerium as described in numerous places on this site.

Good luck.

Oh, BTW, I wouldn't start growing with mexicanna, even if you prefer it's trip. Cubensis is much more foolproof until you get the hang of mushroom cultivation in general, I'd start there. But on the bonus side, if you do get mexicanna to fruit, after it's done you can dig around in the casing to pull out the sclerotia (called truffles at the site you linked to)

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleThe One
Mr Shroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: Mexican Mushrooms [Re: mycofile]
    #2093196 - 11/11/03 03:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

made a mistake sorry

--------------------

Trade List

Edited by The One (11/11/03 03:59 PM)

OfflineCypher
Shroom of manyfaces

Loc: Northern Ireland
Re: Mexican Mushrooms [Re: The One]
    #2093277 - 11/11/03 04:11 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

ive had truffles theyre mind blowing, i thought i got ripped off cos they look and smell like chopped nuts except a bit squidgier. But they did indeed blow my mind.

i grew a kit of mexicans once and got a humungous batch oh really friendly yet potent shrooms.

--------------------
I think i took too much............

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mexican Mushrooms [Re: Cypher]
    #2096822 - 11/12/03 11:05 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well, maybe the kit is pretty easy. Did you use a terrerium/propogator Cypher? If not, what are your ambient temps/humidities like?

--------------------

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineGlobal_Stoner
Random
    #2108717 - 11/15/03 08:42 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the replies!

Learn something everyday, I've tried a low does of truffles after a mate got some in and they were interesting though preferred the mushrooms. Didn't know they came from the shrooms through, I thought it was a different species of plant.

Think I'll start with Cubensis to get an idea and keep research methods for mexicanna, though I'm more interested in a good crop of fruit then sclerotia.

BTW what do you mean when you say a bread tin casing?

Offlinebungtrade
nirvana
Loc: London, UK
Re: Mexican Mushrooms [Re: Global_Stoner]
    #2109075 - 11/15/03 12:55 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hey,
just wanted to say i know what you mean about those mushrooms you bought. i ate 30g of those mexican mushrooms last week. it was the most amazing experience of my life.

--------------------
Locust Abortion Technician

Offlinesea_of_weed
Devil without acause
Loc: Planet Earth
Re: Mexican Mushrooms [Re: bungtrade]
    #2109092 - 11/15/03 01:02 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

30g wet?

OfflineErik006
MushroomCultivator

Loc: Ontario
Re: Mexican Mushrooms [Re: sea_of_weed]
    #2109387 - 11/15/03 03:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

> 30g wet?
:lol: ill answer that question for you, ofcourse.

--------------------
At last you know what ineffable is, and what ecstacy means

Offlinelittlejohn747
addict

Re: Mexican Mushrooms [Re: Erik006]
    #2109411 - 11/15/03 03:28 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

lol....it better have been 30g of wet. I mean i can't even began to concieve what 30g dry would do to some one

Invisibleshroomophile
ShroomitusFidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Mexican Mushrooms [Re: littlejohn747]
    #2109477 - 11/15/03 04:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I've done 3 gms dried before and it was the best trip ever taken.30 grams fresh must've been one hell of a trip.The high from mexicana or tampanensis is so much better than any of the cubes i've done.

--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

Offlinebungtrade
nirvana
Loc: London, UK
Re: Mexican Mushrooms [Re: shroomophile]
    #2109629 - 11/15/03 05:15 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

yea they were fresh, it was my second time experiencing mushrooms, so it was mindblowing for me.

--------------------
Locust Abortion Technician

InvisibleBugsbunny
Bugs

Loc: Looneyville
Re: Mexican Mushrooms [Re: bungtrade]
    #2109636 - 11/15/03 05:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

what is the best mexican shroom

--------------------
Naaah whats up doc

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mexican Mushrooms [Re: Bugsbunny]
    #2116681 - 11/17/03 01:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BTW what do you mean when you say a bread tin casing?

some time back, small aluminum pans (tins) typically used to bake bread in become popular trays to use for casings.  They are cheap, disposable, and a popular size for small casings.  They were referred to as bread tin casings, and a tek or three was written which used that term, although now that I think about it they may not have been shroomery teks as I participate at several boards.

I was just hinting that they would be pretty easy to make yourself without railroading your post with a commonly given "you're an idiot, you're getting ripped off, kits suck, be a man and grow your own!" 'cause that would've been rude :wink: 

--------------------

OfflineGlobal_Stoner
Random
    #2124349 - 11/20/03 03:01 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Lol

I thought that might be the opinion of proper growers, but I'd just like the first batch to go without any complications really. After that I'll get spore syringes and the like.

Thanks for all your help

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck