Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineadamj
Superhero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, CAN
Possible for mycellium to do battle with green mold?
    #2103100 - 11/13/03 07:19 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I was doing the standard beginner's guide to growing shrooms in jars, and after awhile some green mold began to appear in a couple of the jars. Well, I just put them aside, not having the heart to throw out my precious mushrooms :smile: I just looked at them now, and in one jar there was only 1 spot where green mold was growing (about half the size of a penny). I just checked it now, and it seems that the mycellium is growing over it?? Is it possible or is it just not what it seems? After reading these forums for a couple days, it seems that once you have green mold in jars, the jars are worthless... 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePaid
Pict
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: Possible for mycellium to do battle with green mold? [Re: adamj]
    #2104522 - 11/14/03 01:06 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well the mycelium can beat and eat the mould, but oftern what
happens is the mould continues to grow inside the cake.
Problem is if this happens, and you dont bin the contaminated cakes, theres a chance the green will spread to healthy cakes. As long as
you keep the contaminted ones seperate, and cut the cakes up for casing, so you can see if any green is still inside, you might be ok,
but make sure you dont allow the green to jump tp otherwise healthy cakes.

Good luck

--------------------

Offlineanybodyeverybody
Stranger
Re: Possible for mycellium to do battle with green mold? [Re: Paid]
    #2309024 - 02/06/04 02:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Would the shrooms from a cake like that be good anyway?
any experience with leaving the green mold?
my 4 cakes are fighting green mold, but I can't tell who'll win. It's been 2 weeks since inocultation. It's my guess that they didn't sterilize well enough in the pot (sitting in boiling water for 1 hour with tin foil on lids). I cleaned the WHOLE area with bleach.
Would the syringe be contaminated after the inocultation?
I used PF TEK (fanaticus) are there any other easy ?teks? that might be better? (I'm a beginner growing cubensis) Thanks.

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: Possible for mycellium to do battle with green mold? [Re: adamj]
    #2317063 - 02/09/04 08:09 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Cakes that are only colonising have little to no chance of winning against the green. When this happens it is better to start again. If they are in some stage of fruiting or pre-fruiting then you can try to win.

Cakes that are fruiting and green turns up have little to no chance longterm. You will know the green has affected your mushrooms when they begin to rot. If you're lucky you'll get fruits that are on a part that has not been affected by the green. Now whether you trust those mushrooms is another thing. I have and I was not sick after consuming them.

You can make attempts to combat the green though, suggestions for this you will find somewhere here. But you can't really combat the green whilst in the colonisation process.

Hope that helps

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures