Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
My foaf's jars (15 1pt.) all have literally stopped colonizing for a few weeks. Now I'm noticing that the substrate around the mycellium in all the jars has a bright yellowish green tint to it, however there is no visible fungus or mold growing. Is this green mold or maybe bacteria? As is obvious, I don't even know the diff. between a mold, fungus, or a bacteria, but I can't understand what I'm doing wrong. The only thing I may have done different from the first batch (which all turned out fine), is I think I might have used distilled water in my substrate and tap water in the rest, but I'm boiling for an hour or more so this should not be a factor, right? (brf/verm) I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out! Thanx for any help.