Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: TheMustardTiger]
    #21041782 -

:takingnotes:


--------------------
     

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: micelio]
    #21041814 -

I like nitrogen (worm castings) for speed, straw for water content. Hpoo delivers on the nutes and provides some bacteria which is pretty helpful if your using straw and worm castings. Hippy cake looks interesting but definitely more than my lazy ass is going to do ATM.

Gonna take some bucket coir and spawn me a lazy mans mono :rockon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: TheMustardTiger]
    #21041815 -

TheMustardTiger said:
Is there really an objectively noticeable advantage when using certain additives over others? Have any of you guy noticed any significant differences with your isolates consuming different sub additives?



Anyone else want to chime in before I turn my attic into a worm casting wonderland?

In theory a sub with CVG/Coffee/Casting would promote better growth then CVG alone, correct? I understand it's because of the nutrients but can anyone say "I did CVG with an isolate and CVG/Coffee/Casting/Whatever and this happened."


--------------------
Gyo's Better Grows
TNF Q&A :rockon:
AMU Q&A

Dominus fortunae meae sum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: taGyo]
    #21041825 -

Cut the fucking nonsense and use what god uses....poo


--------------------


A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: azur]
    #21041848 -

azur said:
Cut the fucking nonsense and use what god uses....poo



:discorex:


--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: azur]
    #21041852 -

azur said:
Cut the fucking nonsense and use what god uses....poo



I'm agnostic yo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: taGyo]
    #21041854 -

taGyo said:
TheMustardTiger said:
Is there really an objectively noticeable advantage when using certain additives over others? Have any of you guy noticed any significant differences with your isolates consuming different sub additives?



Anyone else want to chime in before I turn my attic into a worm casting wonderland?

In theory a sub with CVG/Coffee/Casting would promote better growth then CVG alone, correct? I understand it's because of the nutrients but can anyone say "I did CVG with an isolate and CVG/Coffee/Casting/Whatever and this happened."



the coffee just gives it a boost and your sub will colonize a little faster. as far as coffee as a substrate. i don't see it as any better than coir/verm by itself. the coffe is free. but its also more contam prone than other substrates. hpoo is the shit!

i may add a small amount of used grounds to my bulk subs. maybe a cup or so per substrate.


--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (12/29/14 10:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: eatyualive]
    #21041864 -

I'm agnostic too. Nature knows best though


--------------------


A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: azur]
    #21041876 -

azur said:
Cut the fucking nonsense and use what god uses....poo



Actually I use mostly coir.


--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   
                     

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: azur]
    #21041882 -

azur said:
I'm agnostic too. Nature knows best though



Nature does what it needs to. Cubes germinate in a niche environment and the fact of the matter is they grow on cpoo not hpoo. If cows shit rye grains mixed with coir you can be sure cubes would be all over that too. Simply because that's the food source available in the niche environment they need to get ahead of competitors.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #21041892 -

Pastywhyte said:
I like nitrogen (worm castings) for speed, straw for water content. Hpoo delivers on the nutes and provides some bacteria which is pretty helpful if your using straw and worm castings. Hippy cake looks interesting but definitely more than my lazy ass is going to do ATM.

Gonna take some bucket coir and spawn me a lazy mans mono :rockon:



lol yeah its a bitch getting some of the ingredients. but once you get them its a year or more worth of supplies. i still have about 10 years worth of organic kelp in he freezer. sometimes i just throw a pinch into the sub before i mix it.

i had a friend send me some elephant poo once and it worked very well with cubes!

im pretty sure john allen has some elephant poo cube pics laying around somewhere. he used to grow cubes off of it quite often.


--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (12/29/14 10:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #21041896 -

I've found them hundreds of times growing out of hpoo. That germinating in cows stomach thing is udder bullshit


--------------------


A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: azur]
    #21041904 -

Udder bullshit. Double pun. I like it.


--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   
                     

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: MudaFuka]
    #21041905 -

Ha ha. I didn't even realize that.


--------------------


A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: azur]
    #21041922 -

:lmafo:

ive picked pans and cubes side by side out of hpoo.

i find pans more often in hpoo though.


--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (12/29/14 11:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: azur]
    #21041927 -

azur said:
I've found them hundreds of times growing out of hpoo. That germinating in cows stomach thing is udder bullshit



Hmmm. I don't buy that. If they don't germ then they at least are mixed into a closed environment where they can, away from trich. However I can't say myself that I have ever seen a wild cube, only pics and description. Still I am sure they can germ in pretty much most herbivore's bellies, I was just pokin ya. Elephant gate FTW :lol: Regardless I think you are off base re the coir thing, it makes a great sub with nice texture. You should mix some in with your hpoo next time, you might like it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #21041932 -

i put coir in my hpoo lol..with a side of verm.


--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Edited by eatyualive (12/29/14 11:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: eatyualive]
    #21041943 -

I'll throw pretty much anything in my substrate. Except peat moss that shit can go strait to hell.


--------------------
AMU
Bottle Tek
Liquid Inoculant Tek                                   
                     

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: MudaFuka]
    #21041957 -

MudaFuka said:
I'll throw pretty much anything in my substrate. Except peat moss that shit can go strait to hell.



agreed lol.


--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Slurry Spawn or Liquid Inoculant [Re: MudaFuka]
    #21041962 -

MudaFuka said:
I'll throw pretty much anything in my substrate. Except peat moss that shit can go strait to hell.



Yeah I fucking hate peat. . . sorry leaf :lol:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* BRF Spawn->Dung&straw colonizing fails...why?!? mrdasani 1,969 4 04/30/02 11:06 AM
by duss69
* Spawn to inoculate grain? lumpus 814 1 05/10/03 11:10 AM
by MykeOfile
* I need help with poop. Myco-420 12,235 11 09/09/20 10:30 AM
by Capefearjay
* Inoculating with mushed up shroom tissue..?
( 1 2 all )
Openminded 7,839 34 06/26/17 09:37 AM
by bodhisatta
* PF Cake to Liquid culture transfer? Rohypnol 2,883 5 10/25/03 05:05 PM
by Hanky
* contamination on mass mycelial slurry (MMS) protocoldroid 2,068 6 08/16/01 06:08 AM
by protocoldroid
* How long can I wait to place fully colonized jars into my fruiting chamber? Fun_Guy5387 669 8 06/06/21 07:44 PM
by Fun_Guy5387
* Corncob Mycelial Slurry Tek Usage igore 1,636 2 05/13/03 03:05 PM
by igore

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
170,449 topic views. 9 members, 43 guests and 153 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 18 queries.