Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
states of mind
    #2086564 -

if the human experience is all about state of mind( mind me, there are some things that just suck you cant control) then why do so many people live in prisons of the mind trapped in thier own heads with doubts and fears and worries. And why is it so hard to put possative outcome into spin, and so difficult to bring negative effects into place. Why cant I create a routine of daily possative thinking to bring about possative outcome... Does anyone have a routine of mind exercises to help them bring about free conciousness and free mind? I find myself saying: I am here, I am now, This is life, I am alive, and that helps bring about awareness, but I need a set of absolutes... Last night I made a list of things that are real to me, and the 2 things I came up with were are thoughts, an life.. and I mean real like undoubtedly... well thanks for any help'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: states of mind [Re: 2Experimental]
    #2088568 -

If I may:

"No that is exactly my arguement, that everything, including what i'm doing right now, is the result of a cause, in which case i have no freewill in what i'm doing because that cause, is causing me to do it."- ZenGedko

"then why do so many people live in prisons..."- 2Experimental

I personaly have reduced everything gown to a fundamental: "You get what you give"...old school, yes I know.

Fundamentaly we have choices...either we are consciously searching for meaning ( and thereby supplicating for help)...or we are simply adrift on the sea of life, subject to currents and crosswinds, with no particular direction to go.

Making the choice to plumb the depths of our choices is a decision generated thru free-will...(in my opinion)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: states of mind [Re: castaway]
    #2088584 -

I ususally can follow a route of thoughts to access my most favored state of mind. I can't describe it, because the thoughts that I follow have their own special meaning to me and have a lot of connections to feelings and other thoughts. They've accumulated from a couple of years of observation and doing some inner exploring, with a lot of help from marijuana. (to a lesser extent mushrooms, but I haven't done them enough to really benefit from them like marijuana).

I think we all have a state of mind that provides more useful and creates the best experiences from life, it is just a matter of how often we access it and if we can actively bring it out.
Peace.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Eastern Religions XI: Warring State Thinkers: Zhuangzi Kremlin 1,037 4 11/13/03 10:54 PM
by Kremlin
* Human mind vs body(Re:the self post)
( 1 2 all )
PsycheStudent 3,899 24 05/03/10 04:11 PM
by BluePixieWaves
* achieving that extraordinary state of mind.. chodamunky 1,843 17 05/22/02 07:53 PM
by MushyMay
* Dangers of Meditation and a Quiet Mind...
( 1 2 3 all )
lucid 5,864 47 12/01/03 06:31 PM
by sirreal
* minds, like parachutes, only work when open. whiterastahippie 1,414 11 08/16/02 02:57 AM
by WhiskeyClone
* the TrAnCe state of mind YellowSubmarine 897 6 08/16/03 02:26 AM
by Strumpling
* The Key to Happiness is in the Mind - An LSD trip Report... jono 1,043 2 04/28/03 01:52 PM
by Murex
* Arent drugs proof the mind is created by the brain?
( 1 2 all )
SHiZNO 4,048 20 04/16/03 11:32 AM
by The_Clash_UK

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
444 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.