Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: Stonehenge]
    #20820465 -

:lolsy:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: zappaisgod] * 1
    #20820555 -

zappaisgod said:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/170741/conservative-lead-social-economic-ideology-shrinking.aspx



Ok. This doesn't discount anything I've said, if that was your intention.


Besides, you can't chastise falcon for posting outdated figures (from 2012) and then post analysis from a poll done even farther in history (May 8, 2011).


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #20820799 -

If you have a more recent poll showing conservatives are in the minority we'd all love to see it.


Phred


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #20820853 -

The Ecstatic said:
zappaisgod said:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/170741/conservative-lead-social-economic-ideology-shrinking.aspx



Ok. This doesn't discount anything I've said, if that was your intention.


Besides, you can't chastise falcon for posting outdated figures (from 2012) and then post analysis from a poll done even farther in history (May 8, 2011).


He posted them as from 2014.  The country identifies as conservative.  It's a fact.  Republican does not equal conservative


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #20820928 -

Stonehenge said:
zappaisgod said:
That was a gracious way to admit you were wrong, fal. Good job. Zappa could learn a thing or two from you.



:lolsy:



Zap doubles down on a losing position rather than admit he's wrong.  :shrug:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: Phred]
    #20821002 -

Phred said:
If you have a more recent poll showing conservatives are in the minority we'd all love to see it.


Phred



I never said anything about political philosophy or ideology. I said the majority of Americans aren't Republicans. And I'm right.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: Stonehenge] * 1
    #20821338 -

Stonehenge said:
That was a gracious way to admit you were wrong, fal. Good job. Zappa could learn a thing or two from you.



The irony is almost too much to bear.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: Enlil]
    #20821351 -

:toast:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #20821483 -

The Ecstatic said:


For each generation, only those older than 70 favor Republicans as a group.

Luckily for them, the GOP that is, demographic based turnout favors them during midterms, and is the opposite in presidential election years.



But can we please stop pretending a majority of Americans are Republicans?




I'm sure glad we have an electorate who has to think as a group.  I guess running with the herd of sheep is preferred to thinking for yourself and pulling the lever independently from the group.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: starfire_xes]
    #20822373 -

starfire_xes said:
The Ecstatic said:


For each generation, only those older than 70 favor Republicans as a group.

Luckily for them, the GOP that is, demographic based turnout favors them during midterms, and is the opposite in presidential election years.



But can we please stop pretending a majority of Americans are Republicans?




I'm sure glad we have an electorate who has to think as a group.  I guess running with the herd of sheep is preferred to thinking for yourself and pulling the lever independently from the group.



How in the hell do you reconcile those two sentences, unless you're being sarcastic?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* A List of the Many Political Parties lonestar2004 1,238 0 08/25/05 01:57 PM
by lonestar2004
* Are Democrats Creeping Into Contention? lonestar2004 1,679 2 06/22/05 10:24 PM
by Ravus
* religion in politics
( 1 2 3 all )
blaze2 6,471 42 01/27/05 04:07 PM
by SoopaX
* Advice for the Democratic party Phred 2,361 15 11/08/04 06:00 AM
by Mushmonkey
* A Solutions For the Democrats Ellis Dee 1,466 9 11/13/02 04:38 PM
by Evolving
* Democrats giddy about chances in 2006 lonestar2004 1,191 8 12/15/05 04:41 PM
by Prajna
* Democrats and Unions Phred 898 7 02/29/04 11:05 AM
by luvdemshrooms
* The Politics of Churlishness JesusChrist 2,021 18 04/11/05 07:01 PM
by zappaisgod

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
4,350 topic views. 3 members, 0 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.