Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats...
    #20809276 - 11/08/14 09:45 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

...we 'all know people like democrats better.'  That is indicated on this post 2014 US red and blue house coverage map. 

GAME OVER.  :rockon:  :smirk:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California, US Flag
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: starfire_xes] * 1
    #20809684 - 11/08/14 11:41 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:

House Of Representatives voting results for 2014:

Votes for Republicans:  53,402,643
Votes for Democrats:  53,952,240

Republicans may have the edge in land and wealthy donors, but not so much in total number of voters.

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20809831 - 11/08/14 12:17 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

They do not believe they have the edge in wealthy donors

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Loc: 'Merica Flag
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #20809904 - 11/08/14 12:41 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

Republicans may have the edge in land and wealthy donors, but not so much in total number of voters.

Hey! He said game over!

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #20810327 - 11/08/14 03:08 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Hey! He said game over!

:grin:

--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03] * 2
    #20810502 - 11/08/14 04:08 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

Democracy. Where the loser wins!

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: Patlal]
    #20812713 - 11/09/14 04:44 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

Except that yet again you display a lack of understanding of American politics.

House votes are by district, not nationwide vote totals. Representatives are elected by the constituents to represent them, not the nation.

We do not have a proportional vote here. The nationwide vote total is fairly meaningless.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20812804 - 11/09/14 05:58 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

> We do not have a proportional vote here. The nationwide vote total is fairly meaningless.

Exactly.  This is why the Democrats can win the presidential election with their "blue wall" states + one more (such as Florida).  Regional population, not area, is the deciding factor.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #20812869 - 11/09/14 06:59 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

House votes are by district, not nationwide vote totals. Representatives are elected by the constituents to represent them, not the nation.

We do not have a proportional vote here. The nationwide vote total is fairly meaningless.

Sarcasm dude. Sarcasm...

But thanks for the politics 101, lesson 1a refresher I guess...

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#20812877 - 11/09/14 07:02 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Maybe this will help you Patlal.

Note that the R's secured more districts than the D's. That's why the R's control the House.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#20812882 - 11/09/14 07:04 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
Sarcasm dude. Sarcasm...

But thanks for the politics 101, lesson 1a refresher I guess...

Sarcasm from an individual who has repeatedly demonstrated a lack of understanding regarding American politics does not come across as sarcasm. It comes across as yet more ignorance.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#20813379 - 11/09/14 10:12 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Patlal said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

Which is why starfires "game over red tide washing over the flyover states" map is stupid as fuck.

--------------------

OfflineSmokey420
Male User Gallery

Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: starfire_xes] * 1
    #20813408 - 11/09/14 10:17 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Still rooting for bipartisan politics? Yet I've herd so many of you claim to hate both parties, hmmm...

--------------------
Workers of Shroomery Unite!

Warning: Everything I say is possibly a work of fiction.
Fuck you NSA

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: Smokey420] * 1
    #20813418 - 11/09/14 10:19 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

you mean partisan?

I'll say it again: both parties suck, neither represents my interests, but the GOP sucks more.

--------------------

OfflineSmokey420
Male User Gallery

Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #20813432 - 11/09/14 10:22 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Gop does suck more, lessor of two evils.
And yes I did mean partisan. :blush:
But the lessor of two evils is still "evil".
I'm just as tired of Obama apologists as I am of gay-bashing, science denying, freaks that we know as Republicans.  The left needs to own up to Obama's war-mongering, persecution of whistle-blowers, signing of the patriot act, over reaching surveillance of American citizens, and overall failure to deliver on anything he campaigned for.

--------------------
Workers of Shroomery Unite!

Warning: Everything I say is possibly a work of fiction.
Fuck you NSA

Edited by Smokey420 (11/09/14 10:29 AM)

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: Smokey420]
    #20813607 - 11/09/14 11:08 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The left needs to own up to Obama's war-mongering, persecution of whistle-blowers, signing of the patriot act, over reaching surveillance of American citizens, and overall failure to deliver on anything he campaigned for.

:kaneclap: this country would be in better shape if they did.

--------------------
Think for yourself, question authority

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: psyconaught]
    #20813751 - 11/09/14 11:40 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psyconaught said:
Quote:

The left needs to own up to Obama's war-mongering, persecution of whistle-blowers, signing of the patriot act, over reaching surveillance of American citizens, and overall failure to deliver on anything he campaigned for.

:thumbup:

A significant amount of the left, and by left I mean voters, is aware of the Democrats shitbaggery lately, specifically Obama. This is why legislators like Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders are getting support from the left, and trying to find an alternative to Hillary, who most see as a war hawk neocon just like Obama.

Hopefully, they'll force the DNC to move left in the primaries and put out a decent liberal candidate. Then again, the last time that happened was 2008 and we all know how that went...

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20813785 - 11/09/14 11:48 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Bernie Sanders is a dinosaur and Elizabeth Warren is a lying cunt.  Decent liberal candidate?  They run away from being liberal until they get elected.  It doesn't sell

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #20813906 - 11/09/14 12:20 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Elizabeth Warren is a lying cunt.

Do you mean her parents are liars?  Or is there something new besides her heritage?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20813911 - 11/09/14 12:21 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Elizabeth Warren is a lying cunt.

Do you mean her parents are liars?  Or is there something new besides her heritage?

She claimed native American heritage in order to receive Affirmative Action advantages.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#20814056 - 11/09/14 12:50 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders are getting support from the left, and trying to find an alternative to Hillary, who most see as a war hawk neocon just like Obama.

Bernie is just a nut.

Lizzie is a lying sack of shit that claimed to be Native American to land a job.

If these are your idea of good politicians...

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20814081 - 11/09/14 12:55 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
She claimed native American heritage in order to receive Affirmative Action advantages.

I would too if my parents told me I was part Indian.  :shrug:

She's not using that card anyomore.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#20814106 - 11/09/14 12:59 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders are getting support from the left, and trying to find an alternative to Hillary, who most see as a war hawk neocon just like Obama.

Bernie is just a nut.

Lizzie is a lying sack of shit that claimed to be Native American to land a job.

If these are your idea of good politicians...

Never said they were. I said they're getting support for being more liberal than hawks like Hillary.

Compelling argument though.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: zappaisgod] * 1
    #20814121 - 11/09/14 01:02 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Bernie Sanders is a dinosaur and Elizabeth Warren is a lying cunt.  Decent liberal candidate?  They run away from being liberal until they get elected.  It doesn't sell

Obama sold it well enough to not only win the primary as an underdog, but managed to get a supermajority elected on his liberal rhetoric. Then he got elected, and dropped it.

I think you're remembering things backwards. Obama got elected to be a liberal, then did a 180. Not the exact opposite....

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20814129 - 11/09/14 01:02 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Were you there when they did?  And wouldn't you have tried to confirm it if you clearly did not look remotely like there was any of that gene in you?  Because other people had no problem determining that she was full of shit.

A fraud who lied to take an advantage that was supposed to make up for some grievance.  She is even worse than a fraud because there is a whole pile of hypocrite on top.  She supports Affirmative Action but cheated it.  She is as lily white as they come ans she certainly didn't suffer any negative discrimination for being native American.

You will suck up to any liberal freak show no matter if they violate your principles.

--------------------

Offlinepsyconaught
Chemical Connoisseur

#20814136 - 11/09/14 01:04 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Were you there when they did?  And wouldn't you have tried to confirm it if you clearly did not look remotely like there was any of that gene in you?  Because other people had no problem determining that she was full of shit.

A fraud who lied to take an advantage that was supposed to make up for some grievance.  She is even worse than a fraud because there is a whole pile of hypocrite on top.  She supports Affirmative Action but cheated it.  She is as lily white as they come ans she certainly didn't suffer any negative discrimination for being native American.

You will suck up to any liberal freak show no matter if they violate your principles.

she's either a liar or incompetent

--------------------
Think for yourself, question authority

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: psyconaught]
    #20814161 - 11/09/14 01:08 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

So Bernie is old and Warren is a liar.

Welp, scratch them off the list. We certainly wouldn't elect an old person, or a liar.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#20814203 - 11/09/14 01:15 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

We shouldn't, no matter the party.

Liars suck ass. Old folks are often out of touch.

We need an age limit for politicians, say 25 30 minimum, 60 maximum.

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (11/09/14 01:16 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20814269 - 11/09/14 01:29 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Bernie's age is as irrelevant as Bernie is.  He has no shot at winning a national election.

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20814326 - 11/09/14 01:41 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
wouldn't you have tried to confirm it if you clearly did not look remotely like there was any of that gene in you?

That's how her cheek bones were explained.

If that's the only thing she's ever said that wasn't true, and if she said it because she believed her parents, I wouldn't sweat so much about it.

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

No, I won't.  I agree with others that Obama sucks because he's gone centrist.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20814356 - 11/09/14 01:47 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

What cheekbones?  Lily.  White. 

I wouldn't give a fuck about her claiming Native ancestry if she hadn't used it for personal gain,  And she most certainly did. 

Only a deranged leftist nutlog would call Obama centrist.

--------------------

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
Loc: Djibouti
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: psyconaught] * 1
    #20814374 - 11/09/14 01:52 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psyconaught said:
Quote:

Hey, now that we have a republican majority congress, I'm sure they'll get right on that :rofl2:

--------------------

Rate me here

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: Citizen X]
    #20814479 - 11/09/14 02:10 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

He campaigned on Obamacare and he got it.  The people hate it. 

What war mongering?  Whistle blowers?  I call them traitors.  Who elected Snowden and Manning?  Over-reaching surveillance?  I suggest you walk down any American city street.  See those cameras?  They aren't put there by the government.

--------------------

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
    #20814543 - 11/09/14 02:24 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

President George W. Bush is joined by House and Senate representatives as he signs H.R. 3199, USA Patriot Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005, Thursday, March 9, 2006 in the East Room of the White House. From left to right are U.S. Sen. Jim Talent, R-Mo.; U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan.; U.S. Rep. Peter King, R-NY; U.S. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner, R-Wis.; U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa.; House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill., and Majority Whip U.S. Rep. Roy Blunt, R- Mo. White House

Good picture of republicans upholding our constitution

Everyone know that was by executive order? But Obamas are so much worse lmfao

https://www.patriotnamesearch.com/?c=execorder13224

--------------------

Rate me here

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20814593 - 11/09/14 02:34 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

There is nothing unconstitutional about the Patriot Act.  The Patriot Act was a law passed by the legislature.  It was not an executive order.  Do you know anything at all about the US government?

--------------------

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
    #20814594 - 11/09/14 02:34 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Citizen X said:

President George W. Bush is joined by House and Senate representatives as he signs H.R. 3199, USA Patriot Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005, Thursday, March 9, 2006 in the East Room of the White House. From left to right are U.S. Sen. Jim Talent, R-Mo.; U.S. Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan.; U.S. Rep. Peter King, R-NY; U.S. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner, R-Wis.; U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa.; House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill., and Majority Whip U.S. Rep. Roy Blunt, R- Mo. White House

And republicans held the majority from 2001 to 2007

--------------------

Rate me here

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20814599 - 11/09/14 02:36 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Why don't you speculate about just exactly how much effect that has had on my life and then tell me how it is more impactful  than me losing my preferred insurance

--------------------

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
    #20814615 - 11/09/14 02:41 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Right! That was the "improved" patriot act.
That 2001 republican majority congress gave us that great piece of legislation.

Nothing unconstitutional about it Zap! It's all good

--------------------

Rate me here

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20814654 - 11/09/14 02:51 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

It has passed SCOTUS review.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#20814705 - 11/09/14 03:02 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Citizen X said:

The Patriot Act should not be. However, it was an act of Congress... not an executive action. Plus, as zappa pointed out, when challenged it has passed judicial review.

How do you get so much so wrong? Perhaps getting your information from a less biased, more accurate source would be in order.

--------------------

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
    #20814747 - 11/09/14 03:14 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

So did the ACA, what's your point?

You got me on that one, I could've sworn I read that somewhere? The patriot act was modified by EO. That I'm 99.000 that's correct.

Fuck it:awesketch:

--------------------

Rate me here

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#20814787 - 11/09/14 03:24 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Citizen X said:
So did the ACA, what's your point?

You got me on that one, I could've sworn I read that somewhere? The patriot act was modified by EO. That I'm 99.000 that's correct.

Fuck it

The point is that it wasn't an executive order and it has not been found unconstitutional. Ditto for the ACA... so far.

In my opinion, both should not exist.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20814789 - 11/09/14 03:25 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I don't think the SCOTUS is done with the ACA

--------------------

InvisibleCitizen X
Buzz Killinton
Other User Gallery
    #20814794 - 11/09/14 03:26 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

May happen one possibly sooner than the other. We'll see

--------------------

Rate me here

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#20814799 - 11/09/14 03:27 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
I don't think the SCOTUS is done with the ACA

Not by a long shot. Hopefully, it will die either outright (the origination case) or simply by a death of a thousand cuts (the subsidies, to start).

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E.
    #20817804 - 11/10/14 07:47 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I wonder how much money zappa has made by claiming native American ancestry? Probably quite a bit.

Now instead of dems screwing up the country we will have the gop screwing things up. They have a golden opportunity to do things right but I have major doubts that they will. They will keep all the executive privilege for the next gop pres and they will keep the pat act and maybe chip a little away from the aca.

We need to see libertarians gain seats in congress so they have a say. I would even welcome a stronger green party or other third party.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: Stonehenge]
    #20817827 - 11/10/14 08:06 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

How is it that you don't realize that, combined with the dishonesty in your posts, your obsession with him makes you look lamer each time you make stupid comments like that?

Does he live on your imaginary islands and sand bars? Is he trespassing on a figment of your imagination?

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#20817931 - 11/10/14 08:58 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Poor lds, he hasn't been the same since he made a fool of himself in the glacier melting thread. Try to get over it dude, everyone gets owned now and then, it was your turn. Yapping at someone's heels does not gain you any ground.

Now back to the politics thread.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#20817935 - 11/10/14 09:00 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

So, still no islands or sand bars. What a surprise.

You have no honor.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #20818325 - 11/10/14 10:56 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Enough. Stop the personalizations, both of you. Either address the thread topic or stay out of it.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: Phred]
    #20818575 - 11/10/14 11:49 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

impossible.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20820139 - 11/10/14 05:00 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
I wonder how much money zappa has made by claiming native American ancestry? Probably quite a bit.

Not a nickel
Quote:

Now instead of dems screwing up the country we will have the gop screwing things up. They have a golden opportunity to do things right but I have major doubts that they will. They will keep all the executive privilege for the next gop pres and they will keep the pat act and maybe chip a little away from the aca.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/09/obamacare-architect-lack-of-transparency-was-key-because-stupidity-of-the-american-voter-would-have-killed-obamacare/

Quote:

“This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes. If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay, so it’s written to do that.  In terms of risk rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in – you made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed… Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really really critical for the thing to pass… Look, I wish Mark was right that we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not.”

Quote:

We need to see libertarians gain seats in congress so they have a say. I would even welcome a stronger green party or other third party.

What is a Libertarian?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20820209 - 11/10/14 05:14 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

Are you a pathological liar or do you think we are fools?  Your link:

Quote:

Why Americans Actually Voted For A Democratic House
BY IAN MILLHISER POSTED ON NOVEMBER 7, 2012 AT 4:21 PM UPDATED: NOVEMBER 8, 2012 AT 12:29 PM

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#20820228 - 11/10/14 05:17 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Wooo, caught fail in a whopper did you zap?

BTW, a libertarian is a member of the libertarian party or belief system.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20820242 - 11/10/14 05:20 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

Falcon91Wolvrn03 said:
Quote:

starfire_xes said:

Quote:

BY IAN MILLHISER POSTED ON NOVEMBER 7, 2012 AT 4:21 PM UPDATED: NOVEMBER 8, 2012 AT 12:29 PM

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Wooo, caught fail in a whopper did you zap?

BTW, a libertarian is a member of the libertarian party or belief system.

I do believe I may have indeed caught the commie in a flagrant lie.  I'm surprised nobody else did since it was so easy.

Thanks for exactly zero answer on my question.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#20820273 - 11/10/14 05:27 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

You're welcome

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

#20820301 - 11/10/14 05:33 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

For each generation, only those older than 70 favor Republicans as a group.

Luckily for them, the GOP that is, demographic based turnout favors them during midterms, and is the opposite in presidential election years.

But can we please stop pretending a majority of Americans are Republicans?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20820342 - 11/10/14 05:50 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20820350 - 11/10/14 05:52 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Quote:

You've called me a liar about a dozen times now, and every one of those times you've been proven wrong.  In this case, finally, I made an unintentional error, and I'm glad you corrected me as I don't want to misrepresent anything.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery

#20820441 - 11/10/14 06:12 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

That was a gracious way to admit you were wrong, fal. Good job. Zappa could learn a thing or two from you.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20820465 - 11/10/14 06:16 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

:lolsy:

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: zappaisgod] * 1
    #20820555 - 11/10/14 06:48 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/170741/conservative-lead-social-economic-ideology-shrinking.aspx

Ok. This doesn't discount anything I've said, if that was your intention.

Besides, you can't chastise falcon for posting outdated figures (from 2012) and then post analysis from a poll done even farther in history (May 8, 2011).

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #20820799 - 11/10/14 07:58 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

If you have a more recent poll showing conservatives are in the minority we'd all love to see it.

Phred

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#20820853 - 11/10/14 08:09 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/170741/conservative-lead-social-economic-ideology-shrinking.aspx

Ok. This doesn't discount anything I've said, if that was your intention.

Besides, you can't chastise falcon for posting outdated figures (from 2012) and then post analysis from a poll done even farther in history (May 8, 2011).

He posted them as from 2014.  The country identifies as conservative.  It's a fact.  Republican does not equal conservative

--------------------

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #20820928 - 11/10/14 08:26 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:
That was a gracious way to admit you were wrong, fal. Good job. Zappa could learn a thing or two from you.

:lolsy:

Zap doubles down on a losing position rather than admit he's wrong.  :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: Phred]
    #20821002 - 11/10/14 08:44 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
If you have a more recent poll showing conservatives are in the minority we'd all love to see it.

Phred

I never said anything about political philosophy or ideology. I said the majority of Americans aren't Republicans. And I'm right.

--------------------

InvisibleEnlilMDiscord
OTD God-King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Uncanny Valley
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: Stonehenge] * 1
    #20821338 - 11/10/14 10:04 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Stonehenge said:

The irony is almost too much to bear.

--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.

Ask an Attorney

Fuck the Amish

OfflineFalcon91Wolvrn03
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: Enlil]
    #20821351 - 11/10/14 10:06 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

:toast:

--------------------

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
    #20821483 - 11/10/14 10:36 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

Luckily for them, the GOP that is, demographic based turnout favors them during midterms, and is the opposite in presidential election years.

I'm sure glad we have an electorate who has to think as a group.  I guess running with the herd of sheep is preferred to thinking for yourself and pulling the lever independently from the group.

--------------------

OfflineThe Ecstatic
Chilldog Extraordinaire

Re: Even though 2014 was a political beating for Democrats... [Re: starfire_xes]
    #20822373 - 11/11/14 07:59 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

starfire_xes said:
Quote:

The Ecstatic said:

I'm sure glad we have an electorate who has to think as a group.  I guess running with the herd of sheep is preferred to thinking for yourself and pulling the lever independently from the group.

How in the hell do you reconcile those two sentences, unless you're being sarcastic?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder