Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Air Stone, Microscope, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebikeidaho
Stranger
Loc: Pacific Northwest
Automated Grow Chamber Idea Log
    #2073399 - 11/05/03 03:42 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

So, I have been noticing that everyone has been posting questions about bulk grow chambers and automated growing techniques. Well, I have been playing around for a few weeks with a set up with is probably a little too complex but I will let you guys decide for yourself. Any input would be appriciated! Good luck and lets make a sweet ass grow chamber.

Ok, so first things first. All of this equipment is in its own little room that is away from people, smoke, dust...etc.
-CONTAINER-
I am using a 18 gal rubbermaid rough tote with a window cut into the top which is covered with clear hard plastic and sealed with silicon.
The container also has holes cut around the bottom for co2 exchange, and holes in the top where the Air Exchanger and Humidifier enter. In the bottom I am using a layer of vermiculite which holds plenty of mosture and I dont notice the contam issues I had with perlite.
-HUMIDIFIER-
I am running a cool mist humidifier right now. I have covered up the top and cut a 1/4 inch hole in the top for the hose to run from the humidifier to the condensation chambers. I used a half gallon rubbermaid container with a screw off lid as the condensing chamber. I am only using one of these containers but it has been filling up really slowly. It is creating a very light fluffy haze and not seeming to condense in the growing chamber itself. It runs for and hour and then turns off for an hour.
-AIR EXCHANGE-
With the use of a fish tank air pump that has air exchange rate of 60 cubic inches per hour I think the air is cirulated enough. I used to use an air stone, both a long on and one in a cup of water and lysterine. I dont think the use of an air stone is a great idea. I think that air flow should be able to be seen. The air stones disperse the air too much and it does creat enough "flow". No I just have a 3/16 inch air hose running from the air pump to the grow chamber. It is just stuck in the side near the top and it circulates plenty of air. (Also as a side note; I was thinking of wireing a computer fan to the side of the grow chamber and having it completly empty the box of air once or twice a day. This would do the same thing as fanning but you wouldn't have to do shit. Just set the timers and forget the fucker. But always be checking on your babies. You wouldn't want them to get sick.)

That is my set up. I have been comtiniually been messing with it trying to get it just right. I do not have a hydrometer and I do not have a thermomiter. The box is always hot and moist when I open it and when I run the humid, the grow chamber fills with white fluffy haze in about 3 minutes and clears in about 5 minutes after it turns off. I left the humid running for 24 hours straight and there was no condensation on the top of the box, just a little "sweat" on the side, and some microscopic water drops on the top of the cake.

What does everyone think?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDemiurge
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
Re: Automated Grow Chamber Idea Log [Re: bikeidaho]
    #2074014 - 11/05/03 06:47 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

At the top you said the post was about bulk grow chambers but then at the bottom you say that you are growing off cakes. Which one is it?

--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

Offlinebikeidaho
Stranger
Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: Automated Grow Chamber Idea Log [Re: Demiurge]
    #2074305 - 11/05/03 08:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I will be growing bulk but I was using a few cakes for testing purposes.

InvisibleChe_Night_Soil
Koinoniphobic

Loc: Commonslaughtia
    #2074345 - 11/05/03 08:23 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds good. If you were to fill it with poop, you wouldn't even need the humidifier.

--------------------
if(human==autoPart){
for(i=1;i<infinity;i++){
getBorn(mind,soul);
getEdu(mind,soul);
getJob(mind,soul);
retire(mind,soul);
die(mind,soul);
}
}

OfflineDemiurge
creator ofworlds

Loc: Florida
Re: Automated Grow Chamber Idea Log [Re: Che_Night_Soil]
    #2074365 - 11/05/03 08:31 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

An entire terrarium filled with poo is a completely different animal than one with a few cakes in it. Like CheNightSoil said, you don't need the humidifier if it's full of poo. Everything else sounds good though. Good luck with your project!

--------------------
Just another animal embeded in a technological coral reef extruded psychic objects...

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

#2074938 - 11/05/03 10:49 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I was running a similar setup for a while. One suggestion to further automate it, I put my condensation chamber above the cool mist and rand a fish tank air tube from the bottom back down into the cool mist. Now the chamber will drain back into the cool mist and you don't have to mess with emptying it.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Air Stone, Microscope, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation