Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: STP - AUTOMATED GROW CHAMBER!!!
    #72019 - 01/18/00 12:27 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

WOW - Dude...!
Great!Great!Great!Great!

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Anonymous

#72021 - 01/18/00 01:00 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Very nicely done Shane. I too used ryche's filtered air pump method with great success...glad to see it's still alive. Very well written and documented...WOW!

------------------
Need Cultivation Info or are you interested in Spirituality? Come to Mage's EntheoMycology Site" at http://www.shroom-mage.com

OfflineRedman
enthusiast
    #72022 - 01/18/00 04:49 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

That looks really frikin cool .. have you used this successfully? with cakes and casings? I'd like to give this a shot.

Invisibleshane67
Keeper
Re: STP - AUTOMATED GROW CHAMBER!!! * 1
    #72023 - 01/18/00 11:22 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hellos...thank you for the praises! I actually have not used it yet. I just prepared my substrate tonight and will be inoculating it tomorrow...I am looking forward to using it in about a week? I am currently documenting how to convert a glove box to a incubator, then to a growing chamber?by this weekend it should be finished (this will be for the poorest of the poor shroomers). I will let you guys in on the URL address by Sunday!

Shane

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
    #72024 - 01/18/00 11:26 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I must say, not bad....the costs are minimal and the results, depending on certain things, should be great as well, good job!

------------------
"To all the weed I've smoked......yo this blunts for you"

"To all the people I've offended.....Yea, FUCK YOU TOO!
~Quote from Eminem~

~PanTrop~

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Anonymous

#72025 - 01/19/00 01:29 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Impressive. Great work--you keep it up and your going to have a lovely yield.

------------------
Trying to rationalize with an irrational person, is in itself irrational!

Anonymous

#72026 - 01/19/00 02:17 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Shane - I'm going out on Saturday morning getting all the things you suggested and I will definitely use your instructions to build my grow chamber --> copying yours.
How much money did you spend on everything?
And: I hope that this neat little box is "fool-proof", i.e. have you tested it yet?
I don't want to harm my babies in any way:uploads/smileytwinkle:

Keep up the great work!

Anonymous

#72027 - 01/19/00 04:25 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Nice work dude. The only suggestion/comment I have is that you might have a problem with the 4mil plastic being so close to the 15W bulb. You might find that it will melt ro be a fire hazard which is bad. Other than that it looks good!

Invisibleshane67
Keeper
    #72028 - 01/20/00 04:32 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

PsiloCelt,

Very cool! The cost was about $72.00 (and I already had a digital time). Yes, it is pretty pricey. I am sure you can find bits and pieces for a little less if you shop around. I have not been able to test it yet. I wanted to have my cakes ready and then test the chamber a few days before. I have all the confidence in the world that this will work. I just have to make sure I (and you) adjust the heating pad properly and we will be shrooooomon together!!!! Good luck.

Dirtydog,

I also had concerns about the heat on the plastic. That is why I got 4mil plastic instead of Reynolds Wrap. It is pretty thick and somewhat resistant to heat. Although, I probably have nothing to worry about, there is a piece of class separating the 4ml plastic from the bulb. If, for some reason, the heat is a problem, then I will consider drilling small holes near the bulb so heat can escape.

Guys?. I just got done with a Water Incubator using a temperature control fish heater! I will post it Saturday?with pictures!

Also, I will be posting the Poor Boys Glove Box, showing how I converted it from glove box to a incubator, then to a grow chamber! Very simply and great if you have limited space and funds.

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
    #72029 - 01/20/00 08:19 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Looks good! I have a question though, where could i find a filter disc like the one you have on the page? Thanks,

vivid

Invisibleshane67
Keeper
    #72030 - 01/21/00 11:59 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Vivid,

I am a little worried that you want to lash-out at me for saying this, because my intent is to educate and not to sell. But, you can buy the filters from me. I sell the 4" filters for $1.75 ea.

Shane67

[This message has been edited by shane67 (edited January 21, 2000).]

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
    #72031 - 01/21/00 01:09 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

lol no, I wouldn't lash out at you for this. It is obviously for education. My only problem in the past was that you were posting advertisements on this board, when there is a seperate board for that. But thanx for the info, I appreciate it. :smile:

Offlinenebakanezer
journeyman
    #72032 - 01/23/00 12:10 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

shane- you mention in your instructions that you should add a 3/4" layer of water to the terrarium... but then you say "You also do not want any water to accumulate at the bottom of the chamber!!!" Could you explain this with a little more detail? I think your chamber is great and I plan on building it, thanks. Oh, any idea how much a digital timer would be?

--------------------
"--soon they'll invent microscopes so powerful they'll begin to understand life is empty." - Kerouac

Invisibleshane67
Keeper
    #72033 - 01/23/00 11:28 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Nebakanezer,

About the water. I was just trying to get across that you should still keep one eye open for over watering. It is hard to know exactly how much is 3/4 inch when the perlite is already in the tank.

As far as the price for a digital timer...freaking expensive! About $35 or more! That was the only hardware that really chewed my ass when I had to fork-up the money.

Good Luck!

shane67

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains