Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: STP - AUTOMATED GROW CHAMBER!!!
    #72019 - 01/17/00 10:27 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

WOW - Dude...!
Great!Great!Great!Great!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#72021 - 01/18/00 11:00 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Very nicely done Shane. I too used ryche's filtered air pump method with great success...glad to see it's still alive. Very well written and documented...WOW!

------------------
Need Cultivation Info or are you interested in Spirituality? Come to Mage's EntheoMycology Site" at http://www.shroom-mage.com

OfflineRedman
enthusiast
    #72022 - 01/18/00 02:49 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

That looks really frikin cool .. have you used this successfully? with cakes and casings? I'd like to give this a shot.

Invisibleshane67
Keeper
Re: STP - AUTOMATED GROW CHAMBER!!! * 1
    #72023 - 01/18/00 09:22 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hellos...thank you for the praises! I actually have not used it yet. I just prepared my substrate tonight and will be inoculating it tomorrow...I am looking forward to using it in about a week? I am currently documenting how to convert a glove box to a incubator, then to a growing chamber?by this weekend it should be finished (this will be for the poorest of the poor shroomers). I will let you guys in on the URL address by Sunday!

Shane

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
    #72024 - 01/18/00 09:26 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I must say, not bad....the costs are minimal and the results, depending on certain things, should be great as well, good job!

------------------
"To all the weed I've smoked......yo this blunts for you"

"To all the people I've offended.....Yea, FUCK YOU TOO!
~Quote from Eminem~

~PanTrop~

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Anonymous

#72025 - 01/18/00 11:29 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Impressive. Great work--you keep it up and your going to have a lovely yield.

------------------
Trying to rationalize with an irrational person, is in itself irrational!

Anonymous

#72026 - 01/19/00 12:17 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Shane - I'm going out on Saturday morning getting all the things you suggested and I will definitely use your instructions to build my grow chamber --> copying yours.
How much money did you spend on everything?
And: I hope that this neat little box is "fool-proof", i.e. have you tested it yet?
I don't want to harm my babies in any way:uploads/smileytwinkle:

Keep up the great work!

Anonymous

#72027 - 01/19/00 02:25 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Nice work dude. The only suggestion/comment I have is that you might have a problem with the 4mil plastic being so close to the 15W bulb. You might find that it will melt ro be a fire hazard which is bad. Other than that it looks good!

Invisibleshane67
Keeper
    #72028 - 01/20/00 02:32 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

PsiloCelt,

Very cool! The cost was about $72.00 (and I already had a digital time). Yes, it is pretty pricey. I am sure you can find bits and pieces for a little less if you shop around. I have not been able to test it yet. I wanted to have my cakes ready and then test the chamber a few days before. I have all the confidence in the world that this will work. I just have to make sure I (and you) adjust the heating pad properly and we will be shrooooomon together!!!! Good luck.

Dirtydog,

I also had concerns about the heat on the plastic. That is why I got 4mil plastic instead of Reynolds Wrap. It is pretty thick and somewhat resistant to heat. Although, I probably have nothing to worry about, there is a piece of class separating the 4ml plastic from the bulb. If, for some reason, the heat is a problem, then I will consider drilling small holes near the bulb so heat can escape.

Guys?. I just got done with a Water Incubator using a temperature control fish heater! I will post it Saturday?with pictures!

Also, I will be posting the Poor Boys Glove Box, showing how I converted it from glove box to a incubator, then to a grow chamber! Very simply and great if you have limited space and funds.

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
    #72029 - 01/20/00 06:19 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Looks good! I have a question though, where could i find a filter disc like the one you have on the page? Thanks,

vivid

Invisibleshane67
Keeper
    #72030 - 01/21/00 09:59 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Vivid,

I am a little worried that you want to lash-out at me for saying this, because my intent is to educate and not to sell. But, you can buy the filters from me. I sell the 4" filters for $1.75 ea.

Shane67

[This message has been edited by shane67 (edited January 21, 2000).]

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
    #72031 - 01/21/00 11:09 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

lol no, I wouldn't lash out at you for this. It is obviously for education. My only problem in the past was that you were posting advertisements on this board, when there is a seperate board for that. But thanx for the info, I appreciate it. :smile:

Offlinenebakanezer
journeyman
    #72032 - 01/22/00 10:10 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

shane- you mention in your instructions that you should add a 3/4" layer of water to the terrarium... but then you say "You also do not want any water to accumulate at the bottom of the chamber!!!" Could you explain this with a little more detail? I think your chamber is great and I plan on building it, thanks. Oh, any idea how much a digital timer would be?

--------------------
"--soon they'll invent microscopes so powerful they'll begin to understand life is empty." - Kerouac

Invisibleshane67
Keeper
    #72033 - 01/23/00 09:28 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Nebakanezer,

About the water. I was just trying to get across that you should still keep one eye open for over watering. It is hard to know exactly how much is 3/4 inch when the perlite is already in the tank.

As far as the price for a digital timer...freaking expensive! About $35 or more! That was the only hardware that really chewed my ass when I had to fork-up the money.

Good Luck!

shane67

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix