Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
drying amanitas?
    #2070272 -

received in trade. Felt partially dry when received. Now under fan for continued drying. Should they go in a dessicant chamber after to be cracker dry before long term storage?


--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: drying amanitas? [Re: thisone]
    #2070305 -

ask the person who sent them how he dried them. amantias need to be heated before ingestion. but yea teh drier teh better for storage.

peace


--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: drying amanitas? [Re: the man]
    #2070513 -

They don't need to be heated, drying just increses potency by *reducing ibotenic acid into muscimol(sp). Air dry, oven dry, fan dry, dessicate, anything works. Fastest method for you would be to warm oven too ~180F put amanitas on tray in oven and leave oven door slightly open. Plenty of info on Amanitas on erowid and in the threads, just do a search.


--------------------

Edited by AuroricDistortions (11/05/03 10:12 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: drying amanitas? [Re: AuroricDistortions]
    #2070596 -

please do not listen to him ^^^^

ibotenic acid sucks. its more toxic producing the negative effects of amanitas.


--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: drying amanitas? [Re: the man]
    #2070717 -

Quote:
please do not listen to him ^^^^

ibotenic acid sucks. its more toxic producing the negative effects of amanitas.




actually dont listen to THEMAN

what the hell are yopu talking about anyway???

Ibonetic acid is bad YES, but the gut above you was talking about how to change it into "Muscimol"

with proper drying you can get WAY more potency
(so why do you do some reading before you start telling people what to do!!)


Anyway, I have ALOT of experience drying these suckers as I have picked MANY this year, FIRST, the oven just DOESNT cut it, I find that if I do not blowdry first I end up with a sloppy oven mess


Blowdry , get them crispy, then heat them to cause the chemical change, this is the way to go, and I dont blame you for asking about drying animitas, I to looked on the net and saw, oven , oven ,oven

Well the oven alone just doenst cut it, at least when the shrooms are picked wet or are not small , and most that I pick are not.

I hope I could help.

Peace
Psilocyebingz(Bassadelic,Funkmaster!)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: drying amanitas? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2071233 -

they are cracker dry now, so should I heat them now before long term storage, or should they be heated right before use.


--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: drying amanitas? [Re: thisone]
    #2071317 -

up to you I guess

I dont know the difference

but I would say , heat them then store


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: drying amanitas? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2071540 -

thisone:
amanitas, muscimol and ibotenic acid suck dude, you're gonna see it.
i think it's alright if you're like in siberia and have nothing else to do but anywhere else... =)
have a tomacco! =D


FH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: drying amanitas? [Re: felixhigh]
    #2071569 -

man heat is needed to convert ibotenic to musimol. AD said jsut to dry them with no heat.() That was my point sorry if u got confused. i can be confusing just ask felixhigh. haha

peace


--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: drying amanitas? [Re: the man]
    #2071716 -

That was just what I remembered off the top of my head.  I remembered reading that drying was necessary, never read about the heat.  And I have read several sources describing how lots of liquid comes out of fresh amanitas in the oven, I was only recommending this for mostly dried amanitas.  I read that ibotenic acid can't cross the blood-brain barrier, so neurotoxicity is not a concern, and i got this confused in my head as ibotenic being inactive.  But I agree that it would probably cause plenty of extra body load, which is not needed.  I was a bit tweaked earlier today so that post as well as this one aren't very coherent  :oogle:.  I enjoy amanitas every once in a while, but they definately aren't recreational.  But they can be interesting if you're ready for it.

damn, i really need some benzo's right now.... 


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: drying amanitas? [Re: the man]
    #2071898 -

the man said:
man heat is needed to convert ibotenic to musimol. AD said jsut to dry them with no heat.() That was my point sorry if u got confused. i can be confusing just ask felixhigh. haha

peace



the man: man! thanks for the good recommendations but i don't think thats really appropriate! besides that, i don't know shit.
what was that philosopher (greek i think) that said 'all i know is that i know nothing'? well, thats me too. i am very talkative, because of that i say lots of bullshit sometimes, thats why i wouldn't consider myself that steady of a source of info.
i am just a member of the community (proud member), perhaps you should ask a mod when you have a doubt because they have the compromise and the responsability and are actually the people 'in charge'.
if we were to rely on members for accurate info we could consider ourselves dead. or in risk, at least.
i guess the mods will agree with me!


FH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: drying amanitas? [Re: felixhigh]
    #2072828 -

not planning on taking them. Just a collection item. Probably will trade or donate eventually.


--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: drying amanitas? [Re: felixhigh]
    #2073130 -

[
the man: man! thanks for the good recommendations but i don't think thats really appropriate! besides that, i don't know shit.
what was that philosopher (greek i think) that said 'all i know is that i know nothing'? well, thats me too. i am very talkative, because of that i say lots of bullshit sometimes, thats why i wouldn't consider myself that steady of a source of info.
i am just a member of the community (proud member), perhaps you should ask a mod when you have a doubt because they have the compromise and the responsability and are actually the people 'in charge'.
if we were to rely on members for accurate info we could consider ourselves dead. or in risk, at least.
i guess the mods will agree with me!


FH



nono haha. i said ask felixhigh how confusing i can be. haha agian my point.

good luck with drying man


--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: drying amanitas? [Re: the man]
    #2073300 -

hahahahahaha
now you're right.
the man IS really a confusing person. LOL
good guy, tho. =)


FH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Drying Amanita muscaria Joshua 1,592 8 11/26/02 01:04 PM
by Joshua
* Free dried Amanita Joshua 1,149 6 11/25/02 03:48 AM
by Dobie
* Amanita Muscaria - Preparation Question Wysefool 1,717 7 10/02/04 11:05 PM
by Todcasil
* The Psychoactive Properties Found in Amanita Species mjshroomer 2,480 7 01/09/04 01:32 PM
by mjshroomer
* amanitas
( 1 2 all )
u4eea 3,406 26 09/17/02 09:18 AM
by u4eea
* Extraction for ibotenic acid and muscimol from Amanita Muscaria? johnjohnandjamal 22,204 10 08/22/06 09:50 AM
by alkloid
* extracting Muscimol and Ibotenic acid?? trauma47645 1,800 3 04/03/06 02:47 AM
by thedudenj
* Amanita Muscaria theocean06 793 1 09/26/04 05:30 PM
by Todcasil

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,226 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.