Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Amanita Muscaria - Preparation Question
    #3151059 - 09/18/04 07:03 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I've read many methods for preparing Amanita Muscaria. One that intrigued me is the idea of turning them upside down and drying them and then drinking the juices that collect in the cap. Has anybody ever tried this method or have another suggestion? And if you have do you happen to know if I would have to dry these in a stove or if these juices would still be present if I sun-dried them.

Thanks in advance for any replies
:mushroom2:

--------------------
]

Edited by BlackZombie (09/18/04 07:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSweetJimmyBrown
Infidel Zombie
Male

Loc: 'starting north, slowly h...
Re: Amanita Muscaria - Preparation Question [Re: Wysefool]
    #3151111 - 09/18/04 10:07 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

the preparation you are speaking of is done by roasting the fresh cap over an open flame to allow the juices to be released:

"One technique that I have tried was over a fire as well, but was a little different. I had taken the unripened parasol caps and placed them upside down on a gas grill set on low. As the mushroom heated up liquid condensed in the cup and was drunk. This produced a strong sense of euphoria in which I could not help but dance around and sing to myself (both very common reports by Siberians of Amanita muscaria intoxication). A very pleasurable experience from a total of about 2 tablespoons of the liquid." -Michael S Smith, from the Shroomery's Amantitas section.

the sun drying technique is just a form of drying that does not collect the juices, but is said to convert more ibotenic acid into muscumole (?) by means of uv rays.

--------------------
Ille dolet vere, qui sine teste dolet.
I'm as calm as a fruit stand in New york and maybe as strange.
Simple Grain Recipe

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3154524 - 09/19/04 10:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i dont know how, but i know you have to do somthing to them, cause i got an ounce from bouncing b and 8 half of them and didnt feel anything, couple days later i powderd and boiled it in water, and added a tea bag, and i felt pretty happy.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleSweetJimmyBrown
Infidel Zombie
Male

Loc: 'starting north, slowly h...
Re: Amanita Muscaria - Preparation Question [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3155176 - 09/20/04 10:10 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

well jamesarthur.net suggests eating an ounce. right. i have been slowly working my way up, starting at 8g.

the other day i did 14g/slow simmer for 30 minutes. i no longer believe that dry amanitas are worthless. i can definatly see the potential of an ounce.

--------------------
Ille dolet vere, qui sine teste dolet.
I'm as calm as a fruit stand in New york and maybe as strange.
Simple Grain Recipe

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
    #3155710 - 09/20/04 12:47 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

i always read that you should cook them in an oven on the lowest setting.  this transforms all the ibotenic acid into muscimol.  the ibotenic acid is what i heard that gets you naseauted and most of the negative phsyical side effects.  after cooking i heard the stock is a little more potent.  some people after cooking i heard start at around 5g to get the potency down as they vary greatly.  again this is all from what i've read as i've never indulged in amantis yet :wink:  this winter might be a different story :laugh:

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Amanita Muscaria - Preparation Question [Re: socratesmind]
    #3171345 - 09/23/04 06:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

>>i always read that you should cook them in an oven on the lowest setting. this transforms all the ibotenic acid into muscimol.

This is correct, heating COOH function algroups on rings and other semi large organic molecules will remove the functional groups all together. You can see the differences if you click the chem compare.

http://www.erowid.org/cgi-bin/chem_compa...nic_acid_2d.gif

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: Amanita Muscaria - Preparation Question [Re: neuro]
    #3171634 - 09/23/04 07:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

That's cool. I didn't know that you could do that on Erowid.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3208616 - 10/02/04 11:05 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

read my sig if you want... sorry this is so late in response.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract