Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
intricate progressive electronic masterpieces
    #20431313 -

Im talking the type of music that when you finish listening, you feel like you've just journeyed some place crazy. Real "headphone music". Interesting soundscapes, tricky interplay and compliments between layers, masterfully executed stereo panning. Stuff that doesn't work too well as dance, background music or easy listening.

I get so particular in looking for that perfect sound, I'll often only dig one song from a given artist. The result is I only have a handful of tunes...but they're so good, man..

I find you really need to give this type of music your all to realise the true genius behind it. thats where the psychedelic drugs come in. either that or stop your mind from monkeying about and "become the music" :stoned: :japsmile:



Rumpistol - Beito
Probably the biggest technical masterpiece I've come across. Listen to this one on acid and I guarantee you'll have trouble telling whether time itself is changing speed or just the bpm.


Ott - Cley Hill
This ones got that real manic DMT/mushroom atmosphere about it. I love the tribal vibe when its done tastefully. I think this track is my all round favourite for this type of music. Strange considering I don't like anything else from Ott or Sphongle.


Moth Equals - Little Prayer
Moth Equals is my favourite electronic producer, hands down. the only guy I've known to consistently release material I really like.


Kelpe - Answered
More subtle than the rest. I only wish the guitar riff phased back in at the end :frown: nothing else from kelpe has really impressed me


Jackson - Radio Caca
funky sample symphony... also good for acid. make sure you've got good headphones or surround sound.


Mornings - You
Bit of a change. this is what I call orgasm music. its subtle


Tosco - Rondo Acapricio
Interesting grooves... nice fading and panning. not quite as intricate as the rest.


The Avalanches - Talking To A Stranger
This is a remix. lacks the complexity of the others... you could dance to this. thought I'd chuck it in for good measure, just cause I like it. Listen to this on a hefty dose of psychedelics, you'll have nightmares for months. :lol:




I hope that gives you a good idea of my musical taste. if you enjoyed a song or two wholeheartedly and you think you've got a gem, I'm begging you to put it up. Takes me months to find a good tune.

if you didn't like any tracks or you skipped through a couple songs and gave them a half-arsed listen, please don't dump your psytrance here. go do some fire twirling or something.


--------------------
To Do List:  Crack Cocaine  ♥  Methamphetamine  ♥  Atropine  ♥  1 min ECG flatline  ♥  5 min ECG flatline  ♥  Diphenhydramine  ♥  PCP  ♥  PMA  ♥  Krokodil  ♥  Datura  ♥  Xenon ♥  Cane Toad Skin  ♥  Toluene ♥  MDVP  ♥  Nitrogen Narcosis  ♥  Butane  ♥  Jenkem  ♥  Heroin  ♥  10 day Sleep Deprovation  ♥  Water Intoxication  ♥  Carbogen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: intricate progressive electronic masterpieces [Re: thud thud]
    #20433512 -

Cool tunes. Very chill.

From what I gathered, you like the down tempo, chill, atmospheric, trip-hoppy stuff. All on a similar vibe, pretty much.

Funny you don't care for Shpongle, though. Simon Posford is a true originator. To each their own. I can respect that..

Here's some artists/tunes/albums I think you'll enjoy.

Squarepusher - Dissolver


Autechre - Live in Glasgow


Ceephax Acid Crew - Probey's Poker



Gridlock - Formless


Squarepusher - Go! Spastic (another SP tune because he is a don. Most of the songs on this album have a insane, progressive build up to a "break down" that makes you just wanna bang your head. fucking love it)


Younger Brother - Even Dwarves Start Small



^This is a Simon Posford and Benji Vaughn tune. Good amounts of progression and song writing. Yes it is psytance, but good, flavorful shit. Even some of my closed minded metal head friends think this song is good.

That should cover some shit you like, in various moods. Stepping outside of the psychill/psybient corner that you seem to hang around mostly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: intricate progressive electronic masterpieces [Re: Colours]
    #20436351 -

hey mate, I liked all of those musics except for the Acid crew tune (I cant really get into the low-fi, 8 bit sound) and I don't know what I think of the second squarepusher one.

gotta give it some serious listening times yet though


I've listened to a little younger brother. I like the electronic version of 'train', its pretty good.

:raphael:


--------------------
To Do List:  Crack Cocaine  ♥  Methamphetamine  ♥  Atropine  ♥  1 min ECG flatline  ♥  5 min ECG flatline  ♥  Diphenhydramine  ♥  PCP  ♥  PMA  ♥  Krokodil  ♥  Datura  ♥  Xenon ♥  Cane Toad Skin  ♥  Toluene ♥  MDVP  ♥  Nitrogen Narcosis  ♥  Butane  ♥  Jenkem  ♥  Heroin  ♥  10 day Sleep Deprovation  ♥  Water Intoxication  ♥  Carbogen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Squarepusher###Ultravisitor
( 1 2 all )
Vats of Blood 2,882 20 06/29/09 09:55 AM
by Earthless
* What do people see in electronic music?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Freeker 9,888 70 03/27/10 07:52 AM
by Beanhead
* squarepusher mraejay 1,391 14 03/07/07 12:50 AM
by braha_kahn
* Good Electronic Music?
( 1 2 all )
Omk 3,343 30 09/04/05 09:22 PM
by schmektron
* Aphex Twin - Squarepusher - Autechre
( 1 2 all )
bf6 3,261 20 12/13/04 05:12 PM
by Vvellum
* Simon Posford (aka Hallucinogen, Shpongle) new interview BanJankri 3,868 4 01/13/05 01:44 AM
by butterflydawn
* Really cool Electronic music guide
( 1 2 all )
OrizonsHorizon 3,715 22 11/16/05 03:56 AM
by Vvellum
* Simon Posford Shares Ineffable Mysteries From Shpongleland bugabuga420 1,737 8 04/16/10 03:39 PM
by LicHmicrO

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
701 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.042 seconds spending 0.03 seconds on 16 queries.