Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: What do people see in electronic music? [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5182577 - 01/15/06 07:14 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

yeah i bet freeker is sitting there thinking "ok... there's beats sounds peaks and lows but where's all the flow and what's the POINT?" or something similar...

well for me the point is in the pure dance... as music it get's to me sometimes (shpongle does but it's much more musical and takes from many other kinds of music) but when dancing to some killer sets i "get it" i feel my center i connect to the beat and sometimes i can predict it and the flow does not stop (an amazing feeling) i've had extatic moments while dancing... my whole body tingled with joy!
and i was completly sober... i never felt as connected to my body as in those moments...

untill you've danced a minimal set for a couple of hours in a small outdoor rave and it starts to pick up slowly for the sunrise and reaches it's peak when the sun went up... you open your eyes to see beutifull people smiling the most honest smiles you've ever seen and you feel one with the music, the people and the world you can never get what it's all about! and when that peak continues to amaze you for another 20 minuts untill you can't stand no more and you slow down only to realize the music is calming down with you only to pick you up once you've rested for a while and you're there all over again amazed to find out your body can stand that kind of rhythem without shutting down... it's the most alive i've ever felt!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
Re: What do people see in electronic music? [Re: Freeker]
    #5183218 - 01/15/06 11:56 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

If somone let me hear, o say... "pelinpala-keep the faith" last year, I would have said. Why do you listen to this mumbo jumbo crap. Now that music, psy trance, is my sanctuary.

Listen to the sounds, every sound is unique, how they are put together, flow with eachother, how the tones of the sounds create a oneness. What I love about psy trance the most is the positioning of sounds. You can create entire three demensional sound scapes. You can make sounds be far away, close up. Its so much more than just panning, its like diving into an ocean of sounds.

The musical mind that can reproduce many repertoirs with precision is, however, a different mind from one which has neither large scope nor fidelity in retention or reproduction.

Or... Well I dont know what kind of music you are listening to, but I know it took me a while to understand psy trance. :thumbup:

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

OfflineAnisotropic
Stranger
    #5183233 - 01/15/06 11:59 AM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Listen to Aphex Twin's track Windowlicker, BT's track Firewater, Hybrid's CD Wider Angle, Fluke's Puppy CD, and John B's In Transit CD...

And if you still don't get it, you're just dense.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: What do people see in electronic music? [Re: Anisotropic]
    #5183615 - 01/15/06 02:09 PM (18 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

well for me the point is in the pure dance... as music it get's to me sometimes (shpongle does but it's much more musical and takes from many other kinds of music) but when dancing to some killer sets i "get it" i feel my center i connect to the beat and sometimes i can predict it and the flow does not stop (an amazing feeling) i've had extatic moments while dancing... my whole body tingled with joy!
and i was completly sober... i never felt as connected to my body as in those moments...

So true, I've been propelled into trance-like frantic states 100% sober from a good set before.

Dancing, having a smile on my face from ear to ear - dropping my ego, dropping my pretension, just simply "BEING" in that moment and letting it all out and lose.

At the end of a good party, it feels as if you've been carried on a journey.

I remeber once though, was on E. This is back when I was really into psytrance (not so much a fan anymore, but thats a matter of taste). But, was an outdoor beach party, was my 2nd time doing E, and rather good ones at that.

I had crepped out just into the shallows of the water (up past my ankles) and was dancing away - the night was ending, and the sun was comming up. I was just dancing away lost in my own world, with my back to the horizion/sun.

I remeber turning around just as the sun crested over the tree's, feeling it shine down on my face as water came up over my feet and splashed my legs.

Was an amazing feeling. I was in such a good mood for weeks after that party.

OfflineBahaga
I heard it on Wednesday...
Male User Gallery

Loc: PA
    #12198632 - 03/14/10 01:17 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

It's a long shot but for me to get into alot of the psytrance, techno what have you, i first got into the darker side of it.  I can name bands all day but what got me started is alot of ebm,darkwave (God Module, Hocico, Diary of Dreams, Tactical Sekt, Die Sektor)  Now i enjoy alot of different music.  Anything from Covenant to Infected Mushroom.  (Check out Terranoise!)

Offlinesexadelic
Stranger
Male

Loc: Bermuda Triangle
Re: What do people see in electronic music? [Re: Bahaga]
    #12268897 - 03/25/10 11:03 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I only see cold synths and dugital sounds that suck personally....unless it's music by Nash the Slash or Kraftwerk.......I prefer psychedelic music :smile::):)

--------------------
Finally.....6 is becoming 9!!!:smile:

Offlinetiptop
Stranger

Re: What do people see in electronic music? [Re: sexadelic]
    #12270208 - 03/25/10 02:44 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Love that type of shit, good vibes in electronic theme. That's  my preference lately. This song bumps like hell on a good system too.

Pretty Lights has all kinds of mellow good shit, royksopp has some awesome stuff as well, and some even better videos.

Edited by tiptop (03/25/10 02:47 PM)

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery
Loc: Geospatial inversion.
Re: What do people see in electronic music? [Re: tiptop]
    #12279157 - 03/26/10 07:52 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The vibe. The ecstacy. The love. The people.

Goa, tekno. Free party, free people, free spirit. MUSIC!

I wish I wasn't this tired... I can't believe people don't like electronic music...

OfflineBahaga
Male User Gallery

Re: What do people see in electronic music? [Re: Beanhead]
    #12279207 - 03/26/10 08:05 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Beanhead said:
I can't believe people don't like electronic music

Yea right? :thumbup:

OfflineBahaga
Male User Gallery

#12279290 - 03/26/10 08:23 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

[flash=425,350]http://
/flash]

OfflineBeanhead
IS IRONIC PARADOX
 User Gallery
Loc: Geospatial inversion.
    #12281553 - 03/27/10 07:52 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Khetzal - Ganesha Pramana (goa)

Freeson - batalla (tekno/Tribe my favourite music)

Curley/esoteric whatever man just RIP. Dutch talent that died way to young... Acid.

Edited by Beanhead (03/27/10 07:55 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom