Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Microwave sterilization/moisture question.
    #2035646 -

So I'm a bit confused with the microwave sterilization method, and letting it cool/dry. First, I nuked some pretty moist perlite, and I'm sort of just letting it sit there in the glass casserole dish type thing. 1) how long do I need to let that sit or cool before putting it in my grow box? Then I'm also nuking some vermiculite, to roll my cakes that are finished dunking in. I mixed a bit of water, because thats how microwaves work. 2) Do i neccessarily need to let that verm. dry before I roll them, or can they be just slightly moist? 3) does that vermiculite need to be room temperature? And then after that I'll be nuking a casing mix, and I'm guessing I need to let that cool down some too, so 4) how long?

the question I most need an answer for is the dry/cool vermiculite question, because I imagine its good to let all of it cool, but does the verm NEED to be dry? thanks


--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Microwave sterilization/moisture question. [Re: shwowsh]
    #2035711 -

don't nuke dry verm or perlite!!!!

soak and drain it.. nuke it . let it cool overnight.. use next day

verm can stay wet as you roll the cake in it.. kinda like a dunk.

goodl uck!


--------------------


-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------


Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Microwave sterilization/moisture question. [Re: PooPs]
    #2035720 -

whats the purpose of letting it cool overnight? I'm not going to have too big of problems if I just let it cool for like 1/2 an hour to an hour am I? I wasn't thinking about letting it cool when I was already to roll, right after i dunked. So now my jars have been dunked for 24 hours, and the verms been nuked about 15 minutes ago.


--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Microwave sterilization/moisture question. [Re: shwowsh]
    #2035734 -

As long as its under 100f degrees. Anything over that will harm/kill the mycelium. And definatley don't nuke dry shit.


--------------------
Look, I've Never Had A Dream In My Life,
Because A Dream Is What You Wanna Do;
But Still Haven't Persued. -Aesop Rock

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Microwave sterilization/moisture question. [Re: NTTG_Hunter]
    #2035754 -

Yep.


--------------------


-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------


Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Microwave sterilization/moisture question. [Re: PooPs]
    #2035800 -

It will burn I believe if you nuke it dry.


always put water in there. :smile:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Microwave sterilization/moisture question. [Re: ]
    #2035851 -

Vermiculite, burn?
I doubt this, vermiculite is a "stone".
But it will heat considerably and might destroy the container it?s in, or even the microwave if you?re unlucky.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Microwave sterilization/moisture question. [Re: Anno]
    #2035907 -

well that'l settle that now won't it!.. heh... way to go anno!


--------------------


-----------
Sniff, Sniff... What's that smell???... ohhhhh.!!
------------------


Pot Free for another : nevermind.. never made it..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Microwave sterilization/moisture question. [Re: PooPs]
    #2035931 -

well yes, I knew I shouldn't just nuke dry stuff, but I just wasn't sure how to make it dry after nuking it wet. Anyway, it's done now, and basically i just nuked it a few times, and then let it cool down. Now my obstacle is that casing =]. I read in some post that people will wait on putting that top casing layer on for a day or so, to make sure the crumbled up mycelium is getting back into action. i think i'm going to wait until later on tonight to put it on. and those PF cakes are a lot harder to crumble up then I thought they'd be! must be some tough stuff.


--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Microwave sterilization/moisture question. [Re: Anno]
    #2035948 -

sorry I didn't mean burn like a fire burn but like scorched vermiculite...

Vermiculite is a soft stone then. isn't it volcanic rock.. or is that perlite... hmm.. my memory is going. :smirk: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Microwave Sterilization? optikal_trip 3,357 4 02/27/02 05:25 AM
by optikal_trip
* Microwave Sterilization indicaz 2,193 2 07/10/02 03:03 AM
by goatywoaty
* Microwave sterilization? delekhan23 3,446 12 01/07/02 05:04 PM
by ronnie_dobbs
* Microwave sterilization good/bad? Great_Cthulhu 2,990 8 05/22/01 12:54 PM
by MAIA
* Microwave Sterilization dreamer 1,015 4 08/26/01 06:58 PM
by dreamer
* Microwave Sterilization Tech? Bloomer 1,617 4 02/06/02 01:32 PM
by PowMaster2k
* microwave sterilization erinne 1,052 3 08/01/01 01:36 PM
by Billyblastoff
* Re: Microwave Sterilization AnnoA 1,020 6 08/06/00 06:11 AM
by blackout

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,889 topic views. 15 members, 106 guests and 118 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.