Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Looking for place to learn.
    #2035916 - 10/23/03 01:23 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Learn we must.
But where I sit. I hear TV and other people.
Does one live on mountain and willing to share mountain?
One learn to grow own food and live off land.

One PM me if possible.

One needs to leave everything behind.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Looking for place to learn. [Re: Droz]
    #2036109 - 10/23/03 02:13 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

One needs to leave everything behind.

Not so! Technology is not your enemy!

Without technology, there is no possible way I could have accumulated the knowledge that I have in the time I've been here.

Knowledge does not come from any specific or special "source".

Knowledge comes from everywhere, all at once.

Every instant of every moment of every day of your life, there is the potential to increase Knowledge.

You do not have to find a teacher, though for many a fellow human Teacher does help. You can learn to Learn on your own, and this is indeed the most efficient way to "learn".

If you truly require a Master, then realize that you are both the Master and the Student at once. Teaching/Learning is not a one-way interaction, even between two people. The Master gains as much from his Student as vice versa. This is why it is just as possible to Learn on your own: because you are both Master and Student.

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2036114 - 10/23/03 02:14 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Even the television spouts wisdom, sometimes.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Re: Looking for place to learn. [Re: Phluck]
    #2036120 - 10/23/03 02:16 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I know. I need to refocus myself. But where I'm at I hear nothing but racket. Like in the movie The Beach. Where they went to a happy place then came back to society. When they came back it seemed annoying. Now I am annoyed by what I have created.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

#2036126 - 10/23/03 02:17 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe I just want a 'Master' because I like the idea of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. A person with more knowledge then me that could teach me. Maybe it is me that needs to learn to listen.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2036150 - 10/23/03 02:25 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I like to think there really isn't any knowledge anyway. There's a lot of useful things you can learn, how to make bread, do your laundry, etc... but when it comes to a more meaningful and in depth understanding of the universe, you can either use faith to fabricate it in any direction you want, or you can choose to admit that there is no answer to many questions.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2036153 - 10/23/03 02:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Realize that it is not the content but the structure of Information that holds the most potential for Knowledge.

What I mean is that it does not matter if the information itself is "right" or "wrong".

I watch the TV, and I see the programming (funny they actually use that word). Does the simple act of watching or listening to something reduce intelligence? No. The reduction of intelligence comes from the complete Trust of the information source. This immediately transfers to a belief of the given information as it is given. Thus Knowledge relies solely on the validity of the source.

Try a different approach.

The information is just theory, as is everything. Nothing is truly known to you except your own experiences. This information could be right, or it could be wrong. Who cares for the moment. Listen to the argument and understand what the hypothesis must be. Now, is it possible? This requires at least a basic understanding of the "laws of reality". Principles are paramount, here. Does the information fit with everything else you know? Where does it contradict and how? These all need to be answered. When they are you can make a reasonable decision.

Now it is you who have made the decision on Right or Wrong.

Not someone you don't know.

Do you trust yourself?

This has also been a great deal of mental exercise. You have used your brain and from doing so have increased your Knowledge as well as your ability to Learn.

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Re: Looking for place to learn. [Re: trendal]
    #2036205 - 10/23/03 02:39 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Sure.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2036364 - 10/23/03 03:25 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

go drive out to the middle of nowhere, pull your car off onto some random dirt road, go out for a while, pull over, pull out a new book, and read.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Looking for place to learn. [Re: trendal]
    #2036371 - 10/23/03 03:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

rofl dude you just kicked my brain's ass by making the oh-too-obvious connection between "programming" and television shows lol

I'd never really made that connection - it IS funny they call it "programming" rofl kuz that's exactly what it is! lol I feel weird having never noticed that before

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2037356 - 10/23/03 08:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I think you can learn wherever you want. no one place is better than the other. as also no one method is better than the other. no matter what path you take, we will all arrive at the same place

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2037380 - 10/23/03 08:33 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

One need not be in mountain to learn.
One must focus on their current environment to appreciate learning presented by life lessons.
One need not leave everything behind, unless one feels beyond shadow of doubt that is what is needed.
One will know when this time is, because opportunity will present itself, clearly.
One not leave behind troubles, because they follow.
One must live in the now.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Re: Looking for place to learn. [Re: Shroomism]
    #2037544 - 10/23/03 09:19 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I've made too many troubles. If and only If the theory about how we came from monkeys was true.. I experienced monkeyism. HEHE. The thing is I can't seem to come to a conclusion on where I want to lead my life. I always stumble across an idea that maybe I don't want to find a conclusion. Perhaps the cruel world I have seen has made me want to not even bother to think. I'd like to be something I'm not and so forth.

Perhaps I ramble.

Peace.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2037601 - 10/23/03 09:39 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

we're still monkeys - don't let the neato toolboxes fool you :wink:

--------------------

Anonymous

#2037611 - 10/23/03 09:43 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well if you want to learn more about your self and nature and your spirituality. Then I would try and move away from things like the computer,tv,and ect.. But if you want to move out and become a mountain man you have to do a lot of studying by mentoring, reading and practicing. There are many life skills needed to take on a life in the woods. I been studying for years and I still dont feel confident going out and surviving with little cash fundage. If I had a piece of land or a friend who would let me live on their land I would do so in an instant. But I would still need to keep a foot in the other world. To become a farmer there is much planning needed much work also. You always need to go to the spring and gather water. Always need to collect wood. There are many things to be done out thar. But it is an honest good healthy type of living. A type of living I have wanted to live for so long.
I might have gotten a little off topic. But it all depends on what you are looking for and what kind of leaning style you use. There is a vast amount of knowledge on the net. But many answers lye in nature as well.

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Re: Looking for place to learn. [Re: ]
    #2037720 - 10/23/03 10:13 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I'd like to travel to the middle of a rainforest and leave everything behind. Start new ways of life. Living in peace with the nature around me. I know I'd make many friends there. I'd show monkeys new tricks. Life would be grand if I could only get there. One thing I do hear is that people say 'Oh you won't be able to survive, there are too many diseases' etc. But if we were meant for this earth our bodies should be able to adapt to all disease. Imagine the immune system that could handle every virus. I'm sure there are many animals that have way better immune systems then we do. One thing I can think of is the three-toed sloth. It lets many organisms live on it's body and it survives. Perhaps the mind of that animal is more advanced then ours. Perhaps he dreams of hyperdimensional space already and knows what will happen to the human race. Perhaps not.

.. this computer is a very big part of my spirituality.

Peace.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology