Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis
    #20014627 -

Well I recently decided to give grafting a second try. My first was an unsuccessful areole graft.
This time I took a pup from a Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa and grafted it onto a Pereskiopsis.

This first photo is from just after grafting.


This one is from 9 days later after I removed the cling film.


And lastly from today, at 20 days. Starting to look like it's getting bigger, certainly hasn't got any smaller so I'm pretty sure this has taken properly now :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: DaveC]
    #20076684 -

Ok bit of an update with this.
Here's the little fella at 27 days, starting to look that little bit bigger:


Now at 34 days:


This is my first successful graft, would I be right in thinking it's already starting to pup on the left there right by the graft? (Ok it probably needs a better photo to tell though)

And a couple of other pics, the mother plant the original pup was cut from:


And another Lophophora Williamsii that's decided to flower already this year:

Edited by DaveC (06/10/14 04:06 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: DaveC]
    #20077350 -

Great grafting, i'm gonna do that wrap graft too as soon as my pereskiopsis get bigger!


--------------------



                                                        "The best things in life, come covered in spines."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: Lemnaminor]
    #20107921 -

Here's another pic 41 days:


I'm thinking I might need to move this fella into a bigger pot, leaves are starting to wilt a bit and it's sprouting roots above the soil level! It's getting watered every couple of days so it's a bit odd. Anyone got any other ideas?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: DaveC]
    #20108290 -

Looks good, yes it's definitely pupping. I have some caespitosa grafts and you can multiply them pretty rapidly. I had pretty good success with flat-grafting pups and areoles to pereskiopsis.


Roots above soil level indicates the humidity is high, which is not in itself a bad thing. Not really sure why the leaves would be wilting with regular watering but it's not a huge deal if you lose them altogether. Maybe you're watering too much and the soil is staying waterlogged?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: psi]
    #20109394 -

Probably has been a bit water logged, I only used compost when I planted this pereskiopsis in a hurry.. so I repotted into a larger pot, was quite a few roots sticking out of the old one. I've got more perlite mixed in now to help with drainage.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: DaveC]
    #20122321 -

Welcome fellow UK loph grower! :cheer: :sunny:


--------------------
●  EG Rules and Guidelines ● 


|| Lophophora Growers Unite! || Trichocereus Growers Unite! || Stone Eaters - A Soil Revolution ||


You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: Mostly_Harmless]
    #20143662 -

Now at 48 days, pup is starting to get bigger, hopefully in a few more weeks I can remove it and graft it to another pereskiopsis :laugh:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: DaveC]
    #20177303 -

Here we are another week later, another pup clearly growing:


Another photo... not so clearly but there's actually 3 pups in total now:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: DaveC]
    #20210980 -

62 days.. there's now sign of 8 pups forming on this graft:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: DaveC]
    #20228602 -

Thanks for posting this and keeping up with the updates.  Im thinking about doing the same thing so its nice to see the progress with pics.

Id rep if I could, so I just keep making posts like this until I can:tongue:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: Trich-or-Treat]
    #20240584 -

Probably look even more impressive if I'd bothered with fertilizers and grow lights. I've just added a layer of Miracle-Gro Expand N Gro mixed with perlite and sand to the top of the pot, so maybe next week it'll go crazy :laugh:

So at 69 days...

An overhead shot:


4 shots at roughly 90 degrees apart:


And a few weeks ago I thought I'd try an impale graft with the tip off a San Pedro, by the look of things it's taken, just moved it to a bigger pot so hopefully I'll see some rapid growth soon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: DaveC]
    #20241160 -

DaveC said:
And a few weeks ago I thought I'd try an impale graft with the tip off a San Pedro




Impale graft...is this done by removing some of the scion's core and inserting the stock?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: 1234go]
    #20241549 -

That's it, there's a few threads on here about impale grafts already.
I thought I'd better do at least one as the San Pedros I have aren't looking so great after years of mistreatment.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: DaveC]
    #20275612 -

76 days in:


I'm thinking I should remove the largest of the pups and graft that now really.

Here's the San Pedro graft again, some obvious signs of growth here, probably won't bother updating this one so much:

Edited by DaveC (07/15/14 07:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: DaveC]
    #20310769 -

I decided to remove the largest pup and graft that to another pereskiopsis:



Hopefully that'll take off as well as my original graft :grin:

So here's the original graft sans one pup at 83 days:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: DaveC]
    #20310857 -

Hi Dave, good luck with your graft.
I have a question, why did you not try to graft on a tricho or myrt? is the plant too small for those?


--------------------
Far above the Moon, planet Earth is blue and there's nothing i can do

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: peyotillo]
    #20310870 -

Yeah both the pup off the mother plant and the pup off that graft were too small for grafting to something larger. Plus pereskiopsis it should grow big a bit quicker.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: DaveC]
    #20345547 -

Now it's 90 days/3 months:


Here's the pup now, weirdly it appears to have lifted up slightly from the pereskiopsis, bit after watering it seems to have pumped up again :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Lophophora Williamsii var. Caespitosa pup grafted to Pereskiopsis [Re: DaveC]
    #20345595 -

How long should the Pereskiopsis plant be?


--------------------
Far above the Moon, planet Earth is blue and there's nothing i can do

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Tripped off Lophophora Williamsii v. Caespitosa? Williamsii 19,389 8 06/01/07 02:25 AM
by Quais
* Peyote var. caespitosa Entersandman 6,968 16 09/18/07 10:46 AM
by Entersandman
* peyote plants/grafts Blu Spore 5,904 6 03/04/05 09:08 PM
by Blu Spore
* Lophophora williamsii var. caespitosa Graft jaxon 4,657 3 06/30/10 11:22 PM
by LbDub
* Lophophora Williamsii v. Caespitosa GRAFT HELP!! Joshua_harrison 1,817 3 12/07/09 10:16 AM
by nitelife
* grafting lophophora williamsii v.caespitosa distgre1 7,089 15 05/02/09 08:34 PM
by ethnoguy
* Rooting lophophora williamsii cutting intelligentlife 10,396 12 08/15/13 01:57 PM
by sniffy
* [i]Lophophora williamsii[/i] question *DELETED* SubGen1us 1,117 1 02/01/10 02:44 AM
by PoC

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
21,014 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.042 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.