Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleWilliamsii
Explorer

Tripped off Lophophora Williamsii v. Caespitosa? * 1
    #6987120 - 05/30/07 01:14 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Hi has anyone felt the power of Lophophora Williamsii v. Caespitosa? For no reason in particular I had presumed it was weaker than straight Lophophora Williamsii but caespitosa just means that it is a variety that produces more pups and the caespitosa label is used for other cacti as well. Has anyone had any experience with this or have any theories?

As alkoloidal content builds up with age perhaps each small individual pup has fewer alkoloids in them compared to a single button on a straight Lophophora Willliamsii of the same age as the caespitosa. However, as there are more buttons this could counter this problem as there could be more mass of buttons. I suppose another difficluty is harvesting from caespitosa as there are so many heads packed tightly together.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWilliamsii
Explorer

Re: Tripped off Lophophora Williamsii v. Caespitosa? [Re: Williamsii] * 1
    #6987169 - 05/30/07 01:27 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I have done quite a bit of research myself but this is all I have found:

A Japanese artical that seems not to have isolated any Mescaline
http://ci.nii.ac.jp/naid/110003651267/

A discussion that asks the question but does not answer it on entheogen.com
http://www.entheogen.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-270.html

Varients and alkaloidal content are not discussed in any of these pages:

http://entheogen.netfirms.com/articles/articles/Narcotic_Cacti.html
(very useful otherwise)

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_guide/cacti_guide_lophopho.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/plants/peyote/peyote_info1.shtml#index-4

Just thought I should give some of my research as well

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Tripped off Lophophora Williamsii v. Caespitosa? [Re: Williamsii] * 1
    #6989418 - 05/30/07 10:19 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i am leaning to no....because that only means it is a pupping variation...and people "say" that mesc is due to hardships like water...so if you gave your pupping WILLIAMSII no water and a hard time, i would think it is comparable. just an assumption though.

i think the hard thing is testing wild variants...cultivated ones are probably universally lower in %'s than any wild one. also an assumption.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Offlineplainswalker
Plant Shepherd
Male
Re: Tripped off Lophophora Williamsii v. Caespitosa? [Re: kadakuda] * 1
    #6990019 - 05/31/07 01:51 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I would guess it is active, although not as powerful as normal williamsii. I would think it spends too much energy pupping to be of equal strength. But what do I know?

I wish more information was available on all the variations of lophophora, not just limited to straight williamsii and diffusa.

--------------------
tradelist

Offlinehighdroponics Happy Birthday!
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Tripped off Lophophora Williamsii v. Caespitosa? [Re: plainswalker] * 1
    #6990782 - 05/31/07 10:04 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

not enough people grow it to be testing it i guess...i was kind of curious about this myself, though its truly no big deal to me, most likely it is still much more potent than any trichocereus.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Offlineplainswalker
Plant Shepherd
Male
Re: Tripped off Lophophora Williamsii v. Caespitosa? [Re: highdroponics] * 1
    #6990872 - 05/31/07 10:38 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yep

--------------------
tradelist

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Tripped off Lophophora Williamsii v. Caespitosa? [Re: plainswalker] * 1
    #6993649 - 05/31/07 09:58 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

i think for the most part, people that grow peyote are not really too willing to eat it after the amount of time it takes....i was planning to eat them years back after i grew them, now its like eating one of my dogs.

the nice part with trichs is people can just buy cuttings and eat tehm up, fast and convenient.

there are certainly enough people growing them.....thousands grow them en mass, especially in Eurasia...but there is most likely a short supply of people both willing to eat and test their cacti.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Offlinehighdroponics Happy Birthday!
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Tripped off Lophophora Williamsii v. Caespitosa? [Re: kadakuda] * 1
    #6994099 - 05/31/07 11:51 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

^ lol ill keep that in mind with the ones im supposed to be getting, i wanted to mix a few small buttons into a pedro/peruvian torch/bridgesii tea mixture and see how all of these mescaline containing cacti work together with all of their other alkaloids combined into one drink....but after this ill prolly never eat it again as long as i live(or maybe 10 years from now after i take many clones and have seedlings as well), but i am going to spread the love and hook a few friends up with a button to grow.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

OfflineQuais
Stranger

Re: Tripped off Lophophora Williamsii v. Caespitosa? [Re: highdroponics] * 1
    #6994322 - 06/01/07 02:25 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Haven't heard of that variety of williamsii, interesting. It's funny though when you go to a native american peyote ceremony, they have shitloads!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds