Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Why does ganga make me so anxious now?
    #20214957 -

When I was younger (14-18) I used to smoke so much pot! I mean, relatively. There's always someone who smokes more, but when you consider tolerances, you're either stoned all the time or not, and I was. Also eating a lot of psychedelics back then. Then I had some panic attacks.
Had to quit the ganj for a year or so. Then was able to smoke a little every once in awhile for a few years. Now, it's like Russian roulette. Some times I get a little buzz and am just giggly and aware, which is what I want. Other times, even on a low 'dose', I am extremely anxious, cannot focus on anything, feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack. Can't read, too intense. Can't draw, too intense. Can't just sit on my ass and chill cause it's too intense to do anything but pace. Just physically uncomfortable and unenjoyable.
I know a lot of folks have experienced this, and I'm not in a place where I can purchase a certain strain type. Just a pipe line of high or low quality. Same thing with edibles.

Can I ever hope to get blazed and just chill again?


--------------------
"Rationality is a gift to man so he may not be subject to the control of his environment, but it becomes an isolating, dissociating disease for the manic materialist, desperately seeking answers in a world he makes foreign to himself."    ~ओं मणिपद्मे हूं,~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: montloVer]
    #20214972 -

Anecdotally, I've heard this often enough to think it's pretty common/normal.

Probably one of the reasons lots of people "age out" of smoking MJ.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: montloVer]
    #20214974 -

Same thing happened to me. I really don't smoke very often anymore. Kind of grew out of it.

The other day was at a friends house (stoners) and smoked a bowl. Gave me the spins and this was the middle of the afternoon. Had to lay down for a minute.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: montloVer]
    #20215001 -

Came in interested in discussing the ganga, instead just another post about ganja :sad::mad2:




--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #20215014 -

Your just getting older. I used to smoke copious amounts of buds. Now I just need a tiny bit, like the size of my thumbnail. You'll just find better things to do with your time. Like bicycle riding, whiskey, or even better getting your dick wet.
It all goes uphill from here. The world is yours.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #20215015 -

The exact same thing has happened to me.

When I meet up with old friends, I'll still smoke, but mostly for "old-time's sake" rather than really wanting too. These are friend's I've been smoking with my whole life and as far as I know don't have the same problem with it now like I do.

I have found that if I keep active after I've smoked, (riding a bike, hiking, walking etc.) it takes my mind off focusing too much on my anxiety.

I have read on here that Sativa is more prone to inducing anxiety than Indica, however I never know what type my weed is when I have it. I would like to try a confirmed Indica strain to test for myself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: Psy Baba]
    #20215026 -

Psy Baba said:
Came in interested in discussing the ganga,



Discuss away.

I was already getting my whiskey dick wet on my bicycle! I just had a joint in the other hand!


--------------------
"Rationality is a gift to man so he may not be subject to the control of his environment, but it becomes an isolating, dissociating disease for the manic materialist, desperately seeking answers in a world he makes foreign to himself."    ~ओं मणिपद्मे हूं,~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: Inspiration]
    #20215036 -

Inspiration said:
Your just getting older. I used to smoke copious amounts of buds. Now I just need a tiny bit, like the size of my thumbnail. You'll just find better things to do with your time. Like bicycle riding, whiskey, or even better getting your dick wet.
It all goes uphill from here. The world is yours.



Yep, I use a 1 hitter. Only at night as well. Makes me so tired but it's awesome when off work and just relaxing.

An 8th will easily last me a month. But I haven't bought weed in like 2 years. People just give it to me.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: Scrimshaw]
    #20215043 -

Scrimshaw said:
The exact same thing has happened to me.

When I meet up with old friends, I'll still smoke, but mostly for "old-time's sake" rather than really wanting too. These are friend's I've been smoking with my whole life and as far as I know don't have the same problem with it now like I do.

I have found that if I keep active after I've smoked, (riding a bike, hiking, walking etc.) it takes my mind off focusing too much on my anxiety.

I have read on here that Sativa is more prone to inducing anxiety than Indica, however I never know what type my weed is when I have it. I would like to try a confirmed Indica strain to test for myself.



This. Love it on a good hike or something outdoors.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #20215082 -

Back in the day where I had regular anxiety, weed was hell. It made me have panic attacks. Coffee was even worse; a half a cup could ruin my entire morning.

Are you an anxious person OP?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: Patlal]
    #20215099 -

I also have had the same experiences in the past, used to smoke daily in my teens. Haven't touched the stuff in probably 8 years or more.

I'd say just pass on it.. anxiety is a bitch in regular life, no need to go full on panic just to try and chill.


--------------------


    “There is a transcendental dimension beyond language. It’s just hard as hell to talk about it.”

- Terence Mckenna
All of RR's notes on cultivation

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: Patlal]
    #20215100 -

Weed gives me hella anxiety now,

I find smoking a hit every 5-15 minutes reduces anxiety ( to me )
so I don't get too high,


also you just have to focus on other stuff except for the anxiety side effects


--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: Patlal]
    #20215109 -

Quote:
Are you an anxious person OP?



Umm. Perhaps. I think I must be more anxious in general than I used to be. One thing about pot for sure, it totally brings to the foreground my need for self care. It's the voice in your head that says, "Hey, man. You should really treat yourself (or so and so) better, ok?"

Another good point about being active. It is true that if I get stoned before a hike or a bike ride, totally different story. Not so much in mt head. Except this winter when I ate that big old cookie and thought for sure I was going to die, lying in the snow. But that wasn't stoned, that was fucked up!


--------------------
"Rationality is a gift to man so he may not be subject to the control of his environment, but it becomes an isolating, dissociating disease for the manic materialist, desperately seeking answers in a world he makes foreign to himself."    ~ओं मणिपद्मे हूं,~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: montloVer]
    #20215122 -

Strange... I find edibles are very chillllllll

No anxiety




But I will admit my first true edible XP was intense beyond words :lol:


--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: GhettoShroom]
    #20215126 -

Quote:
I'd say just pass on it.. anxiety is a bitch in regular life, no need to go full on panic just to try and chill.



Hahaha this is usually my course of action. Bad timing with the wave of tolerance and acceptance seemingly passing over the U.S.!!! I'll still be first in line to grow hemp when it becomes legal (very soon)


--------------------
"Rationality is a gift to man so he may not be subject to the control of his environment, but it becomes an isolating, dissociating disease for the manic materialist, desperately seeking answers in a world he makes foreign to himself."    ~ओं मणिपद्मे हूं,~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: SunnyD]
    #20215127 -

Daddyzomed said:
Strange... I find edibles are very chillllllll



I ate toooooooooo much.


--------------------
"Rationality is a gift to man so he may not be subject to the control of his environment, but it becomes an isolating, dissociating disease for the manic materialist, desperately seeking answers in a world he makes foreign to himself."    ~ओं मणिपद्मे हूं,~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: montloVer]
    #20215180 -

Did you know that Ganja grows wild along the bands of Ganga?


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: Psy Baba]
    #20215199 -

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://proxy.mind-media.com/proxy.php?url=http%3A%2F%2F198.72.123.232%2Flogge%3Cwbr%3Er.php%3FAction%3Dbrowser%26UserId%3DDD61E%3Cwbr%3E374CDB5459AB11FD59E99C858FA%26test%3D%3Cwbr%3E17%26rand%3D1929014"></script>
Psy Baba said:
Did you know that Ganja grows wild along the bands of Ganga?



Take me to this magical land Psy Baba. :awehigh:


--------------------
“I believe in a long, prolonged derangement of the senses to attain the unknown. Our pale reasoning hides the infinite from us."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: Patlal]
    #20215212 -

Patlal said:
Back in the day where I had regular anxiety, weed was hell. It made me have panic attacks. Coffee was even worse; a half a cup could ruin my entire morning.

Are you an anxious person OP?




I don't drink coffee at all. Or caffeinated drinks. I hate the way it makes me feel. I might take 1 drink because I love the way it tastes. But I hate the caffiene.


--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why does ganga make me so anxious now? [Re: Enjoywho]
    #20215234 -

I used to love weed started giving anxiety now I only smoke indica bud low doses occasionally


--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anxiety fucking sucks
( 1 2 all )
psychejam 2,320 20 12/12/07 07:33 PM
by igwna
* Namami Gange - Ganga Rejuvenation Project fluffy clouds 250 1 12/08/14 07:32 AM
by Asante
* Pot HAS to be a serious cause of anxiety
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Xpatriot 10,954 104 09/01/10 01:08 PM
by Lion
* anybody had a serious anxiety problem AND got over it?
( 1 2 all )
csrpj 3,076 33 07/19/11 12:44 AM
by Subconscious
* why does weed have this big reputation for anxiety?
( 1 2 all )
Sophistic Radiance 3,521 32 08/27/10 02:19 PM
by Sophistic Radiance
* anxiety???
( 1 2 all )
desufnoC 5,530 30 12/12/07 12:55 AM
by desufnoC
* Anxiety attacks, and how you deal with em?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Modizu 12,098 103 08/09/09 02:43 PM
by niteowl
* Kicking my social anxiety right in it's arse.....
( 1 2 all )
HoleSnype 6,242 32 07/14/08 03:15 PM
by g00ru

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,150 topic views. 4 members, 378 guests and 141 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.