Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
Re: anxiety??? [Re: sam420]
    #7744856 - 12/11/07 12:35 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

If you clicked the link you would see that its not drugbuyers. Drugbuyers is shit, full of fucking newbies that do nothing but destroy good sources. Drugbuyers also bans people for the dumbest shit, and the people on there somehow think they are above illict drug users. Drugbuyers is fail, though it still does have some good sources on it.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: anxiety??? [Re: fapjack]
    #7745254 - 12/11/07 02:09 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I have heard it is very helpful to not think of the anxiety before you are in a situation where you know it might happen, but of course many people cannot... so the advice is to not say to yourself "dont blush, stutter, etc" but instead say "i am going to blush and get nervous... im going to get nervous..." Eventually you can train yourself to fear it less and have it more "funny" and then fade out the anxiety.

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
Re: anxiety??? [Re: andrewss]
    #7745309 - 12/11/07 02:21 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

what helped my anxiety is I kept saying in my head "fuck everyone else and their opinions" and say what you want, do what you want, be who you are.

Offlineprimal21
Stranger
Re: anxiety??? [Re: sam420]
    #7745480 - 12/11/07 03:23 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Try CBT *cognitive behavioral therapy*. It can really help those with social anxiety disorders. And some people just grow out of it through life experiences, but dont fret mate, there definently is a solution.

InvisibleJRayV
former guy on couch
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: l Flag
Re: anxiety??? [Re: primal21]
    #7745711 - 12/11/07 04:12 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Anxiety CAN be caused by medical conditions such as adrenal problems, or MVP (heart) problems.

However, most anxiety is probably conditioned. Stimulus response (S-R) conditioning.

The basis behind our Fear conditioning can be forgotten too. (amnesia)

We don't remember (verbally) every single thing that ever happened to use when we are young right back to infancy.

re: not remembering the conditioning stimuli
For example, if we were barked at by a scary dog, or were bullied or saw/heard social distress in our caregivers [afraid or upset faces can trigger anxiety in a child too part of why family violence is so damaging], etc.

We just know that we have anxiety (which has been generalized to other settings/triggers) and that it probably was conditioned by a prior fear response.

Two things happen in anxiety: (a) the person is sensitized (conditioned) to have an anxiety reaction and (b) the person is overgeneralizing their stimuli (triggers). For example, a backfiring car BANG will seem like a "gunshot".

All that old emotional content (the mud puddle) gets its contents stirred up when these old triggers get activated, too. (Emotional Associations; --> racing thoughts; physical activation (sweating; heart racing; sweats; paralysis feelings; choking throat; breathing/chest tightness)

We get sort of "transported back there" again ("bottom up hijacking".) We get emotionally kidnapped back into a previous terrifying time w/o realizing why/what is happening. The stress is in the bodily symptoms [mentioned above], idea.

Edited by JRayV (12/11/07 04:13 PM)

InvisibleUnholyChild666
I'M GOD
Male
Loc: Flag
Re: anxiety??? [Re: shroomgatherer]
    #7745865 - 12/11/07 04:52 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

shroomgatherer said:
Ask your doctor about benzodiazapines - they are a whole family of anti anxiety drugs that do work. Explain to your doctor specific everday situations (like you did above) when you get anxiety...I am precribed klonopin and xanax (both benzo's) and they work great. The xanax pill (that I am prescribed)disolves on your tongue in an instant and works immediately.
Good luck.

If you ask about something specific like that they could think your a druggie, it's really not the same as asking about sleeping pills

--------------------

"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

OfflineCokedUpHobit64
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: anxiety??? [Re: fapjack]
    #7745920 - 12/11/07 04:58 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

I used to have this problem really bad, to the extent of being so nervous to go to school that I would make myself sick. I'd say the first thing that helped me was actually being introduced to cannabis and various psychedelic drugs. Not that when I would take the drugs everything would be better, but after experiencing a different frame of mind and seeing how useless worrying over how people view you is. I realized I just needed to be myself and enjoy this reality that I'm living in. Also getting a job really helps with anxiety when your forced to communicate with people all day. it might not be comfortable at first but it definitely helps your social skills in the long run. I'd still call myself a reserved person. I'm comfortable with the fact that I like to be alone sometimes rather than around other people, but of course its always fun to hang out with friends.

If you want to overcome your anxiety I'd recommend sitting down and looking at who you are and what you want out of life, whether it be with the help of a psychedelic drug or not. I really wouldn't recommend meds, as they can mess you up even more in the long run.

--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.

InvisibleUnholyChild666
I'M GOD
Male
Loc: Flag
Re: anxiety??? [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #7746130 - 12/11/07 05:43 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

CokedUpHobit64 said:
I really wouldn't recommend meds, as they can mess you up even more in the long run.

That can be very true which is why you should only take them as your suppose to. If you start using them to get fucked up and abuse them by combining them with alcohol you may find yourself doing it on a regular basis and because you have a prescription for it there would be no end to your abuse till shit hits the fan. But if your anxiety gets so severe it might not be a bad idea to get some and use them for social situations only if you are at home alone you could just deal with it unless you really truly need it to help you sleep or keep from vomiting and loosing weight from not being able to keep your food down.

--------------------

"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Offlinefapjack
Title
 User Gallery

Loc: Central New Jersey
Re: anxiety??? [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #7746268 - 12/11/07 06:08 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Benzos aren't a good idea to take unless you really need to, even if you do have a problem with anxiety. Everyone has a problem with anxiety to some extent, its all about how hard your life is made by it. Sometimes I wish I was still taking benzos, but I can manage just fine without them. Personally I could give a shit less what anyone does to their body, but benzos impair you big time, or at least impaired me (though I was on methadone at the time).

--------------------

OfflineCokedUpHobit64
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: anxiety??? [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #7746394 - 12/11/07 06:36 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

UnholyChild666 said:
Quote:

CokedUpHobit64 said:
I really wouldn't recommend meds, as they can mess you up even more in the long run.

That can be very true which is why you should only take them as your suppose to. If you start using them to get fucked up and abuse them by combining them with alcohol you may find yourself doing it on a regular basis and because you have a prescription for it there would be no end to your abuse till shit hits the fan. But if your anxiety gets so severe it might not be a bad idea to get some and use them for social situations only if you are at home alone you could just deal with it unless you really truly need it to help you sleep or keep from vomiting and loosing weight from not being able to keep your food down.

I agree. If a situation gets too severe and you feel its totally out of your control, meds might be a good option.

--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.

OfflinedesufnoC
Stranger
Male

Re: anxiety??? [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #7747471 - 12/11/07 10:55 PM (16 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for all the input, i honestly didn't think i would get this much feedback. as for the benzos, it would be nice to have a script here and there but it would end up going too far. besides, i don't have a doctor. i think i will just have to grow out of it or get over it. i think its just my insecurities getting in the way.

--------------------
fuck captin planet!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom