Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Lawbreaking scumbags.
    #2018356 - 10/17/03 05:49 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Oops, not very PC. Illegal aliens for those turning red.

One Reporter's Opinion: Wake Up and Smell the INVASION!
George Putnam
Friday, Oct. 17, 2003
It is this reporter's opinion that the president took a hands-off approach to California's recall until we arrived at a decision and the choice of Arnold Schwarzenegger as the governor-elect. Now Bush and Schwarzenegger are embracing, both sending out mixed signals on immigration.
Perhaps both should revisit Article 4, Section 4 of the U.S. Constitution, which states: "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion. ..." There's that word again: INVASION.

There are approximately 20 million Mexican immigrants living in the U.S. It is estimated that between 3 million and 5 million are illegals. The impact on California is that nearly one quarter of our current $38-40 billion deficit stems directly from immigration. And yet with our state government's $6.4 billion debt growing, the administration continues to tolerate porous borders and an influx of impoverished, undereducated, unskilled labor pouring across our borders. We're providing a welfare state for Mexico!

The costs of immigration are simply overwhelming. Americans pay nearly $8 billion annually for educating the children of illegal aliens. Even as states struggle with billions in debt, our federal government continues to advocate massive immigration of 1.5 million annually. And nothing is being done to stop 800,000 illegals pouring across our borders each year.

The Center for Immigration Studies in Washington estimates that illegal aliens have cost U.S. workers $133 billion in job losses.

Mexicans working in the U.S. taking American jobs send home $10-11 billion annually.

In 2002, foreign workers sent $25 billion back home to Latin America ? $16 billion to Asia.

U.S. unemployment jumped from 6.1 percent to 6.4 percent in June, which is 20 million Americans out of work.

Our country is now $6.4 trillion in debt! That figure is climbing as our corporations outsource to India and China.

We are paying $7.4 billion to educate children who are in this country illegally.
Plain figures are frightening. Hispanic babies born in California ? automatic citizens ? defy the figures. At UCLA Medical Center, a 35-year-old lady we'll call "Maria" was recovering after giving birth to her sixth child, says she can't wait to have another. Her grandmother had 25 children. Her mother gave birth to 18. Maria had her first child at 14. The father says, "There's a lot of joy in each of them, but we don't have enough money."

U.S.-born children of Latino immigrants will emerge as the largest component of the Hispanic population over the next 20 years. California has the largest number of Hispanics with 12 million, about one-third of its total population, followed by Texas, New York, Florida and Illinois. Los Angeles County has the largest population of Hispanics among all counties ? approximately 5 million.

The costs to Americans of caring for all these people are prohibitive: Food stamps and medical benefits cost $65 billion annually.

More than 75 percent of all illegal drugs come through our porous borders.

More than 25 percent of the prisoners in our federal prisons are illegal aliens. The cost is $900 million per year just to feed and house them.

And how about diseases?

7,000 new cases of leprosy in three years have crossed over from Mexico, India and Brazil.

We now have 16,000 new cases of drug-resistant tuberculosis that is incurable.

Venereal disease is rampant among illegals.
All this ... and yet our leaders keep sending mixed signals concerning the illegal alien invasion. The governor-elect of California hints that he might support an amnesty program for illegals in California. In late August, Schwarzenegger said illegal aliens already in the country should be permitted to stay.

More recently, he said he supported a bill sponsored by Sen. John McCain that would grand temporary working permits to allow illegal immigrants to travel to and from the U.S. and loosen the requirements to apply for visas. And Schwarzenegger added, "I want to make all undocumented immigrants DOCUMENTED AND LEGAL in this country."

These are the people we elect to public office ? people who have sworn to uphold the Constitution, protect U.S. citizens and guarantee our security and sovereignty. If this state of affairs continues, our beloved nation will become another Third World catastrophe. America will be divided ? the wealthy at the top; the impoverished, undereducated, unskilled at the bottom; and a diminishing middle class trying to carry the load.

The governor-elect and president have a lot to talk about.

Ship them all out.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Lawbreaking scumbags. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2021750 - 10/19/03 02:06 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Very interesting.

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2021778 - 10/19/03 02:30 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I dont know, but, uhmm.. that is just a skewed way of looking at it.

Living most of my life in San Diego, Ive known a lot of Mexicans, and they are nicer people than the selfish white americans.

Wasn't it their land in the first place?

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #2021944 - 10/19/03 04:33 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Not the old point the finger of blame at a minority group for our economic woes thus taking away attention from bad government trick?
Cant believe simple minds still fall for that one!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Lawbreaking scumbags. [Re: GazzBut]
    #2022117 - 10/19/03 07:06 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Not the same old tired suggestion that showing the costs of a problem is merely an attempt to point the finger of blame at a minority group for our economic woes thus taking away attention from bad government trick?
Cant believe simple minds still fall for that one!

Here's a thought for you... he's right. The illegals need to be rounded up and shipped the fuck out of here.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Lawbreaking scumbags. [Re: angryshroom]
    #2022126 - 10/19/03 07:12 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

angryshroom said:
Wasn't it their land in the first place?

No, it was inhabited by people we commonly refer to as Indians.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Lawbreaking scumbags. [Re: Evolving]
    #2022314 - 10/19/03 10:33 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

They are, let me make this very clear...

I L L E G A L

aliens.

ILLEGAL. IN VIOLATION OF OUR LAW. Boot them the fuck out. If they want to come in LEGALLY and work, thats fine. Well, it's not really, but it's another issue.

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Lawbreaking scumbags. [Re: lysergic]
    #2022315 - 10/19/03 10:38 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

It wasn't TheIndians land, their were numerous small tribes of indians living across "the west", texas and mexico. Each of these tribes was competing with other tribes for resources, which lead to frequent battles for land, or tribal reasons. The "white men" did the same things that the majority of the Indians were, that is, fighting for more land, we just happened to win.

--------------------
PsiloKitten said:

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2022379 - 10/19/03 11:26 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lysergic said:
They are, let me make this very clear...

I L L E G A L

aliens.

ILLEGAL. IN VIOLATION OF OUR LAW. Boot them the fuck out. If they want to come in LEGALLY and work, thats fine. Well, it's not really, but it's another issue.

Were you replying to me or just using the 'quick reply' feature? I agree with you. Before we allow immigrants into this country we need to eliminate the welfare state handouts which are currently serving as an incentive to those who would come here and mooch off of the taxpayers. The working men and women are burdened too much already and the country is becoming 'Balkanized.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineMetaShroom
菌类
 User Gallery

Loc: East Anglia UK
    #2022416 - 10/19/03 11:50 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

without illegal immigrant labour, the US economy would collapse.

--------------------
:sleepingcow:  :penguinmonkey: :blah:

JOIN MAPS -> www.MAPS.ORG

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Lawbreaking scumbags. [Re: MetaShroom]
    #2022805 - 10/19/03 04:09 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thats an interesting propositition. I wonder how many of these immigrants are paid less than the minimum wage?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Lawbreaking scumbags. [Re: MetaShroom]
    #2024122 - 10/20/03 12:50 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

collapse is a bit strong a word.

your big macs and your strawberries
would just be more expensive.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Anonymous

#2024285 - 10/20/03 01:52 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:nonono:

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #2025649 - 10/20/03 03:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lysergic said:
  Boot them the fuck out. If they want to come in LEGALLY and work, thats fine.  Well, it's not really, but it's another issue. 

You have very logical and persuasive arguments lysergic...pls tell me more of why they should not be allowed to legally immigrate and work?...you seem to know alot of the world and what your talking about. :lol:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Lawbreaking scumbags. [Re: Azmodeus]
    #2025664 - 10/20/03 03:11 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Azmodeus said:
Quote:

lysergic said:
you seem to know alot of the world and what your talking about. :lol: 

That is true of almost every regular poster of this forum. Everybody thinks they're some kind of fucking expert.

I really get a laugh out of the "if _________ then the American economy would collapse" responses.

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Lawbreaking scumbags. [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2026148 - 10/20/03 05:55 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
That is true of almost every regular poster of this forum. Everybody thinks they're some kind of fucking expert.

I disagree.  We all know what we do based on our experiences, and what we've read.  I've learned things here that i prolly woulnd't have known any other way, but when i say something, its not cus i think im an 'expert', its just based on what i've read/ heard/ learned...., otherwise how could i learn from what you know?

I mean lysergic for instance. He 'knows' an awefull lot, but like he said hes upper middle class, and doesn't care about poor people.  Its interesting to read that attitude, and hear his perspective on things like.....immigration. :lol:

I never knew people could be so naive!, see?!, we learn everyday....

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #2026198 - 10/20/03 06:16 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

"ILLEGAL. IN VIOLATION OF OUR LAW. Boot them the fuck out."

Is smoking pot in violation of the laws? Or having mushrooms?

Just because something is illegal doesn't mean it's wrong.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

#2026445 - 10/20/03 07:25 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Here's a thought for you... he's right. The illegals need to be rounded up and shipped the fuck out of here.

thats what the american indians want too.

Quote:

Just because something is illegal doesn't mean it's wrong.

i totally agree with that statement.

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2026989 - 10/20/03 11:14 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

No, it was inhabited by people we commonly refer to as Indians.

What about the Battle of the Alamo?

Yes, and its weird how we can keep people out of this country which we stole. :frown:

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Lawbreaking scumbags. [Re: angryshroom]
    #2027013 - 10/20/03 11:22 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well bacterium were the first inhabitants in this land. How about we give it back to them. You can be the first.....

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion