Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
weird folder in XP
    #1978153 - 10/04/03 01:08 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I once downloaded Microsoft Frontpage from Kazaa out of curiousity, and then uninstalled it soon afterwards. The program doesnt show up in Add/Remove, but the main folder still exists. I have tried to erase it numerous times, but each time a prompt comes up and says, "Cannot delete. Used by other persons or programs."

I am the only user and I cannot think of any other programs that might need this file. I am particularly curious because nothing shows up within the file, even after changing the options to show hidden files. Nothing. Also interesting is the name of the folder is "microsoft frontpage" - in lower case; all of the other Microsoft programs have capitalization.

What is up with this file? How do I remove it?

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: weird folder in XP [Re: Xochitl]
    #1978708 - 10/04/03 09:56 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think anyone knows what it is. Your using XP right? My computer has that, along with a folder called "Xerox". I've deleted it before, but it just keeps coming back. I don't think it does anything. Everyone running windows XP go check in their Program Files directory and then look for a xerox/nwwia and microsoft frontpage/Version3.0/bin. I almost guarantee that you'll find it.

This is what microsoft says about it(its been translated from microsoft's japanese site):
Quote:

The Windows . under the PROGRAM Files of the XP, the folder of marking name exists, but this the virus or is not that product.

Protect catching, it cannot delete usually this folder, but the Windows . you verify that it is not the trouble regarding our company commodity use on the XP.

Because information of product support service at the below-mentioned URL, in regard to this case from the Microsoft corporation is offered, reference you ask.

Quote:

< In > \xerox\nwwia folder of systemdrive \Program Files subordinate being attached
Last date updated: 2002/01/31
Document number: J070025

Being something which is described concerning the product below it does this data.

Microsoft (R) Windows XP Home Edition

Microsoft (R) Windows XP Professional

Phenomenon
When the Windows XP is installed, < > the \xerox\nwwia folder is drawn up to the systemdrive \Program Files subordinate.

Circumstance
This operation is specification of Windows XP.

Details
The \xerox\nwwia folder from the XEROX Corporation way the WIA which is offered (the WindowsImage Acquisition) is prepared in order to utilize the ????? (untranslated text) of correspondence.
In addition, because it is the folder which is protected by the system, it is not possible to delete.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: weird folder in XP [Re: daussaulit]
    #1981193 - 10/05/03 12:03 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Your using XP right? My computer has that, along with a folder called "Xerox". I've deleted it before, but it just keeps coming back. I don't think it does anything. Everyone running windows XP go check in their Program Files directory and then look for a xerox/nwwia and microsoft frontpage/Version3.0/bin. I almost guarantee that you'll find it.

Gotcha. Still very weird, though. Thanks for your help :thumbup:

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #1981433 - 10/05/03 01:35 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Have you closed down all the background programs that are running in task manager and then deleting the folder ?

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: weird folder in XP [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #1981733 - 10/05/03 03:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It doesn't matter. You can't do it from windows. I used a dos bootdisk and deleted the folder. I rebooted and it recreated them again.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1983327 - 10/06/03 07:54 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yep... I have the same problem in XP with my .cvspass file, which blows 'cause I cannot run cvs anymore. I thought it must be a glitch with cygwin, but I guess not... figures, XP blows chunks. I will have to try to delete the file from the recovery console and see what happen.s

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

Re: weird folder in XP [Re: Seuss]
    #1985211 - 10/06/03 09:29 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If you're having a problem with the .cvspass file, I doubt its the same issue as the xerox directory. Whats going on with .cvspass? I'd experiment and blow away my .cvspass file but I don't want to break my cvs install.

Anonymous

Re: weird folder in XP [Re: djfrog]
    #1999843 - 10/11/03 10:20 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i found a trick to delete these types of files without dos, use ws_ftp, it deletes even if windows will not let you get rid of it

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: weird folder in XP [Re: ]
    #2002253 - 10/12/03 10:33 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

> Whats going on with .cvspass?

I fixed it... not sure what happened. I was getting a 'cannot access file' error if I tried to do anything... read/write/delete. This was in windows under cygwin. I had recently copied my profile from a local copy to a domain authenticated one, so that might have had something to do with it. A chmod 644 fixed the problem, but the permissions looked fine, so donno... odd.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: weird folder in XP [Re: Seuss]
    #2206439 - 12/28/03 09:48 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

xerox invented graphic user interface

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale