Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19948719 -

That's not really related to the SCOTUS either.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19948800 -

Enlil said:
Meh, that's been the case for many years, though.  Whether it's the NSA today, or the FBI under hoover, it's the same game.  I wouldn't say that the SCOTUS has been a part of the process.



True.

zappaisgod said:
Don't forget the IRS persecution of conservative groups



I was about to mention this. It's not a monumental abuse, but it's these kinds of things that lead to dissent being practically illegal.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: Enlil]
    #19948908 -

Enlil said:
I'm not sure what you mean when you mention the first amendment. I think it's been strengthened lately.  What exactly needs fixing vis a vis free speech?




How about the last Supreme Court ruling on financial contributions by corporations?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: sweeper54]
    #19948923 -

Which one would that be?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19948934 -

zappaisgod said:
Don't forget the IRS persecution of conservative groups



Get a life zap, they "TARGETED" the reg used, and not the party using them. Your boy Issa just wants to keep this Dead Horse on the Front Burner even though it's already burt to dust.

BENGHAZI!!!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: zappaisgod]
    #19948939 -

zappaisgod said:
Which one would that be?




What part of "the last" didn't you get?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: sweeper54]
    #19948963 -

If you're talking about McCutcheon v. Federal Election Commission, that was a huge victory for proponents of free speech.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: Enlil]
    #19948985 -

It also had nothing to do with corporations


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: sweeper54]
    #19948997 -

sweeper54 said:
zappaisgod said:
Don't forget the IRS persecution of conservative groups



Get a life zap, they "TARGETED" the reg used, and not the party using them. Your boy Issa just wants to keep this Dead Horse on the Front Burner even though it's already burt to dust.

BENGHAZI!!!!!!!



What does this mean?

"they "TARGETED" the reg used,"

It does not appear to be English.

The IRS targeted for examination conservative groups at the behest of the White House.  The evidence is slowly coming out.  Slowly because there is a coverup from the administration.  "Rogue agents in Cincinnati" was a whopper.  Another whopper was that a video trailer caused the attacks in Benghazi.  This lie was also concocted within the Obama administration to support the idiot's campaign assertion that al Qaeda was defeated.  This too is just now coming to light because of massive stonewalling. 

The hammer is coming.  I can't wait to see what Trey Gowdy does with this delicious meat.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: Enlil]
    #19949347 -

Enlil said:
If you're talking about McCutcheon v. Federal Election Commission, that was a huge victory for proponents of free speech.



Right, kind of like Schenck v. United States was a huge loss for proponents of free speech.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #19949369 -

Not really, though.  Schenck was a very early First Amendment case.  At the time of Schenck, the First Amendment didn't even apply to the states, so it was very, very weak.  It wasn't until a few years later in Gitlow v. New York that the first started to play a significant role.

Still, the rights have a tendency to expand and contract in cycles.  Right now, we appear to be in an expansion cycle for the right to free speech.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: Enlil]
    #19949471 -

It was a loss for proponents of free speech, nonetheless.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #19949475 -

It was, but it wasn't a huge loss.  Gitlow was, of course, a huge victory for proponents of free speech.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: Enlil]
    #19949543 -



--------------------

NEVER AGAIN UNPUNISHED http://www.wolf-pac.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: Enlil]
    #19949582 -

Enlil said:
It was, but it wasn't a huge loss.  Gitlow was, of course, a huge victory for proponents of free speech.



You missed the point.  If you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater just for fun, then proponents of free speech have lost.


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #19949594 -

You said it was a huge loss.  That is false.  It is a small loss. 

All rights are constantly at odds with each other.  If the right to free speech were absolute, that would mean that I had the right to lie to you and con you out of money and you'd have no recourse.  The Constitution never gave people the absolute right to free speech, so a prohibition on yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre isn't a loss at all.  It's a restatement of the status quo, since you never had that right in the first place.


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: Falcon91Wolvrn03]
    #19949596 -



--------------------

NEVER AGAIN UNPUNISHED http://www.wolf-pac.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: solomilitia] * 1
    #19949603 -

What is that a jpeg for ants?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: Enlil]
    #19949632 -

Enlil said:
If the right to free speech were absolute, that would mean that I had the right to lie to you and con you out of money and you'd have no recourse.



Now you get it.  :toast:


--------------------
I am in a minority on the shroomery, as I frequently defend the opposing side when they have a point about something or when my side make believes something about them.  I also attack my side if I think they're wrong.  People here get very confused by that and think it means I prefer the other side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Why I'm an Independent and not a shitty Liberal [Re: The Ecstatic]
    #19949773 -

The Ecstatic said:
What is that a jpeg for ants?



Looks a little small that was not the intent


--------------------

NEVER AGAIN UNPUNISHED http://www.wolf-pac.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Guardian article questioning the independence of MEMRI Andy21 607 1 09/29/06 02:54 PM
by lonestar2004
* Liberal Academic Bias
( 1 2 3 all )
Tao 3,064 48 06/04/04 04:16 PM
by Baby_Hitler
* Recolonisation Not Liberation Xlea321 534 2 01/30/03 01:28 PM
by Strumpling
* Confusing Occupation With Liberation Zahid 402 0 10/25/03 01:07 AM
by Zahid
* Ann cuntler attacks on liberals... fiction ?
( 1 2 3 all )
MushMushi 4,833 56 03/17/17 06:09 PM
by Luddite
* Canada's Liberal party promises to completely ban handguns
( 1 2 all )
carbonhoots 2,137 20 12/11/05 11:05 PM
by chodamunky
* Howard Dean: The last true liberal
( 1 2 all )
silversoul7 2,619 39 06/30/03 12:38 PM
by drfrei
* Liberals Furious Over New Children's Book
( 1 2 all )
lonestar2004 2,536 36 09/21/05 06:47 PM
by Phred

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
3,032 topic views. 2 members, 2 guests and 21 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.