Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Bioteks oyster on a "log"
    #1978005 -



I recycled this bag from earlier culture and used the straw log tek with the lime and bleach . Pasturized for an hour at 160


--------------------
Don't fuck with me
I'm a postal worker;-)
A zen master once said to me
don't do anything I tell you to do
so i did

<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

<p>My <a href="http://tinyurl.com/6valr">Unitarian Jihad Name</a> is: <strong>Brother Neutron Bomb of Compassion</strong>.</p>
<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bioteks oyster on a "log" [Re: Hongosmeester]
    #1981924 -





this morning photo's. looks like they are brown oysters instead of blue ones


--------------------
Don't fuck with me
I'm a postal worker;-)
A zen master once said to me
don't do anything I tell you to do
so i did

<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

<p>My <a href="http://tinyurl.com/6valr">Unitarian Jihad Name</a> is: <strong>Brother Neutron Bomb of Compassion</strong>.</p>
<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bioteks oyster on a "log" [Re: Hongosmeester]
    #1983637 -

Hiya mate.

If you check your PM's from a while back you'll see that I just referred to them as Pleurotus ostreatus not blue oyster.

Saying that I wouldn't mind a culture of blue oyster though  :wink: 


--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bioteks oyster on a "log" [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #1984328 -

Biotek if you found ostreatus in the wild would they not be 'blue'?, you living in the old world and all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bioteks oyster on a "log" [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #1984889 -

Quote:
Bi0TeK said:

Hiya mate.

If you check your PM's from a while back you'll see that I just referred to them as Pleurotus ostreatus not blue oyster.

Saying that I wouldn't mind a culture of blue oyster though  :wink: 



I thought it was a blue one when i first saw the pins.Although I just put some blue oyster on agar. I'll pm you when ready :wink:


todays pic (minutes old) oops that was the old pic here is the new one


--------------------
Don't fuck with me
I'm a postal worker;-)
A zen master once said to me
don't do anything I tell you to do
so i did

<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

<p>My <a href="http://tinyurl.com/6valr">Unitarian Jihad Name</a> is: <strong>Brother Neutron Bomb of Compassion</strong>.</p>
<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bioteks oyster on a "log" [Re: Hongosmeester]
    #1984918 -

Why did you use a balck bag? almost impossible to tell if the straw was colonised?


--------------------
"The key to successful cultivation is to match the skills of the cultivator with the right strain on the proper substrate under ideal environmental conditions."
Paul Stamets
Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms(Third Edition)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bioteks oyster on a "log" [Re: GregHimself]
    #1984929 -

GregHimself said:
Why did you use a balck bag? almost impossible to tell if the straw was colonised?




It was recycled from an earlier culture that I bought


--------------------
Don't fuck with me
I'm a postal worker;-)
A zen master once said to me
don't do anything I tell you to do
so i did

<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

<p>My <a href="http://tinyurl.com/6valr">Unitarian Jihad Name</a> is: <strong>Brother Neutron Bomb of Compassion</strong>.</p>
<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bioteks oyster on a "log" [Re: walk]
    #1984935 -

walk said:
Biotek if you found ostreatus in the wild would they not be 'blue'?, you living in the old world and all. 



I'll bet that he's not a "blue blood" though :lol:


--------------------
Don't fuck with me
I'm a postal worker;-)
A zen master once said to me
don't do anything I tell you to do
so i did

<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

<p>My <a href="http://tinyurl.com/6valr">Unitarian Jihad Name</a> is: <strong>Brother Neutron Bomb of Compassion</strong>.</p>
<p><a href="http://www.whump.com/dropbox/other/ujname.html">Get yours</a>.</p>

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bioteks oyster on a "log" [Re: GregHimself]
    #1985932 -

easy enough to open it and check, that's the joy of pasteurization.


--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bioteks oyster on a "log" [Re: Hongosmeester]
    #1986675 -

Hongosmeester said:
I'll bet that he's not a "blue blood" though 



Actually I've got an extremely rare blood condition thats in the royal family called Porphyria. Queen Victoria was rumoured to have it and it has been since proved that Queen Victoria's grandchild Charlotte and her daughter Feodora also had Porphyria. The Queen's cousin, William of Gloucester, who died in a plane crash in 1972 had it and Princess Margaret was also rumoured to suffer from it. Ever seen the movie "The Madness Of King George"? He's probably the most well known case of Porphyria.

So you never know, I might have some blue blood in me !  :laugh:

It's also linked to vampire and werewolf lore as well !  :tongue: 


--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bioteks oyster on a "log" [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #1987171 -

Are you serious?
If so, Im sorry dude. Um you know what i mean.

So are your wild ostreatus of the blue/green persuasion? Or am i making a dick of myself. My memory is a wee bit shady on occasion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bioteks oyster on a "log" [Re: Hongosmeester]
    #1987982 -

hmmm thats a decent crop. those are keepers dood.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bioteks oyster on a "log" [Re: walk]
    #1989359 -

walk said:
Are you serious?
If so, Im sorry dude. Um you know what i mean.




Yes, luckily I've got a mild form of it that doesn't cause me too many problems.

Quote:
walk said:So are your wild ostreatus of the blue/green persuasion? Or am i making a dick of myself. My memory is a wee bit shady on occasion.




This particular pleurotus is from a commercial strain if I remember rightly.


--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Water-Logged Blue Oyster Log
( 1 2 all )
AmericaOnLSD 6,404 26 01/28/07 03:44 PM
by AmericaOnLSD
* Fruiting a wild oyster log? TomJoad 1,060 4 02/04/08 04:19 PM
by snoot
* Oyster Log snoot 748 1 09/05/07 04:37 AM
by greys
* oyster logs in the martha - anyone ? ohmatic 4,291 14 04/14/05 11:41 AM
by YidakiMan
* oyster straw logs - hole question ohmatic 2,828 4 03/10/06 10:10 AM
by remediator
* oysters big set up link
( 1 2 all )
FGL 4,507 20 02/23/07 01:51 PM
by Jeremy_Davis
* When to poke hole's in Oyster Straw Log's? buddhahoodlum 5,343 12 10/08/07 06:42 AM
by RogerRabbit
* Oyster Straw Log
( 1 2 3 all )
RogerRabbitM 20,696 56 10/14/10 10:55 AM
by BlackPeace

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte, Forrester, Stromrider, SHROOMSISAY01
2,378 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.